Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My engine is pissing all over the place!

Old 05-10-07, 09:51 AM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My engine is pissing all over the place!

So it seems it's about that time when my engine is falling apart, more or less. I took it Toyota and well, it looks like everything's leaking. They cleaned it and determined that the front engine seal is leaking (which I just replaced a year and a half ago), my high-pressure steering hose, valve-cover gasket and thermostat seal are all also leaking. Fun stuff. Way to waste $2000 on the car! Sorry, just had to vent. Anyone else experience these same symptoms and suffered my frustration recently?
Old 05-10-07, 10:04 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we could do the valve covers and thermostat with no problem. the high pressure hose can be remade using the fitting again as long as its not bad for about $50. as for the front seal... i dont know.

im on vacation in MD and have already been stopped twice for speeding. im out $300 and it looks like im leaving the car here for a few weeks and flying back.

a buddy i grew up with is painting it for me. ill post pick when its done, but thats another grand. not a bad price for perfect paint.
Old 05-10-07, 11:59 AM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

I don't know, I ***** and moan, but I guess I'm in that place in my life where I really don't want to do anything on my own that I can pay someone else to do. My time is worth a lot to me and it's hard to set aside a whole day (or two) for something like this. It's just stupid that's all. As for the new paint...lucky you! A grand isn't bad at all!
Old 05-10-07, 01:31 PM
craaaazzy
Lead Lap

would said buddy be able to help another CL member w/ a nice paint job?

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
we could do the valve covers and thermostat with no problem. the high pressure hose can be remade using the fitting again as long as its not bad for about $50. as for the front seal... i dont know.

im on vacation in MD and have already been stopped twice for speeding. im out $300 and it looks like im leaving the car here for a few weeks and flying back.

a buddy i grew up with is painting it for me. ill post pick when its done, but thats another grand. not a bad price for perfect paint.
Old 05-10-07, 11:57 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wish i could, but i had to drive the car here to MD for it.

so far, ive spent $350 on gas, been stopped for a total of $300 in speeding tickets, and put about 1200 miles on the car. not to mention, i have to buy a plane ticket back to orlando, ride my gixxer for 2 weeks (hopefully it doesnt rain), and then fly back with a friend and drive another 1000 miles and $250 worth or gas back. all the while worrying about rock chips and what not.... asside from blue painters tape.

i grew up with this guy, im getting hooked up a lot.
Old 05-11-07, 02:53 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How many miles do you have on your car? $2,000 seems like alot for the things you mentioned. I'm guessing a good chunk of that was to fix the main seal. Well, maybe you can look at it as investing $2,000 to keep the car running well.
Old 05-11-07, 02:00 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

I have allot of the same problems you do. My HG is blown, Valve cover gaskets are blown, tranny gasket is failing, PS hoses leaking, coolant lines(not the main ones) leaking, PS pump leaking. Rear main seal leaking, leaking around the diff, pass window has a wiring problem, cluster panel connector crumbled, heater control valve is bad. I had a small fire(my fault), need new everything from tires, to shocks, brakes etc..etc. And I can still look at it every night and go............D@mn your sexy for no reason. I paid 3200 a year ago, didnt have these problems when i got it so it was a good bargin, now she's down for a while, up on jacks and ready to pull the engine.
One step at a time brotha, one bolt at a time....she shall rise again!