Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How can i repin cut wires on main harness??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 05:40 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How can i repin cut wires on main harness??

I misread the instructions when i was installing a MAP ECU . And now I have a couple wires on my main wiring harness that i've cut . One of wich i cut so close , that theres very little wire left to solder/repair. So i would like to repin the cut wires. Without damaging the connectors of course.
Can anyone give me detailed instructions or suggestions on how to do it?
-Thanks
Old 03-21-07, 05:20 AM
Lex*Toy
Pole Position

You have to pull apart the male connector. There is a thin strip that runs across all the pins that has to be removed. Once removed, you can slide the pins out of place.

You can swap the damaged pin for a good one if you have any spare electrical parts.

How to dissect the connectors is located in the factory Lexus manuals or you can visit BananaGS DIY site and he has pictures detailing how it is done.

I believe the pics are located under his DRL tutorial.

BTW- He welcomes donations for his tutorials, so if you use them- keep this in mind.
Old 03-21-07, 11:10 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lex*Toy
You have to pull apart the male connector. There is a thin strip that runs across all the pins that has to be removed. Once removed, you can slide the pins out of place.

You can swap the damaged pin for a good one if you have any spare electrical parts.

How to dissect the connectors is located in the factory Lexus manuals or you can visit BananaGS DIY site and he has pictures detailing how it is done.

I believe the pics are located under his DRL tutorial.

BTW- He welcomes donations for his tutorials, so if you use them- keep this in mind.
Thank you for the reply. Its very much appreciated!
I wasnt able to find the bananags site for some reason? But your directions were all i needed !
This F-up plus my laptop crashing right at the time i was starting on tuning w/ a MAP ECU (wich BTW i decided wasnt the best choice for an OBD1. So ive changed to a different EMS ) has really slowed down the whole project.
Ive been trying to repair the wiring to an acceptable level that i could trust not to fail for weeks.
Ive only started my SC twice since X-mas! But today I was able to finish up the wiring, install the new AEM-EMS,an LM-1 w/A/F guage, and I deleted my EGR .... Plus now the # of starts since X-mas is 3 !
-Thanks again.....
Finally i can get this project finished up....I'll start tuning in the AM..........Hopefully my next post will include a dynosheet !