Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 Driveshaft support

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-07, 12:59 AM
GliTCH
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC400 Driveshaft support

Will the dealership install one or do they only change out the driveshafts? I get that clicking noise while decelerating, and I think it's also probably why I get vibration at highway speeds. I thought for sure I was in for a new driveshaft, but a quick search for vibration issues on here showed only one relevant thread where people apparently figured out it was the driveshaft center support bearing that was making the clicking noise.

No one mentioned where to get it installed.
Old 02-16-07, 11:38 AM
1992 SC300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whenever you figure out what it is contact me because I have parts that can help you fix it.
Old 02-19-07, 10:26 AM
J. Edwards
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GliTCH
Will the dealership install one or do they only change out the driveshafts? I get that clicking noise while decelerating, and I think it's also probably why I get vibration at highway speeds. I thought for sure I was in for a new driveshaft, but a quick search for vibration issues on here showed only one relevant thread where people apparently figured out it was the driveshaft center support bearing that was making the clicking noise.

No one mentioned where to get it installed.
I have had this done twice on mine and both times at the Lexus dealer. Believe it or not, around here in eastern Kansas, when you figure in the cost of renting a car, the Lexus dealer actually turns out to be less expensive most of the time.
Old 02-19-07, 10:29 AM
J. Edwards
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by J. Edwards
I have had this done twice on mine and both times at the Lexus dealer. Believe it or not, around here in eastern Kansas, when you figure in the cost of renting a car, the Lexus dealer actually turns out to be less expensive most of the time.
One more thought. While the dealer is willing to do just the center support bearing, the first time I had this done, in the process of doing it they had to take the drive shaft out and it turned out the universal joint was bad which necessitated doing the drive shaft also, but my dealer is willing to do just the center support bearing alone. Good luck!