Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Billet Dual Fuel Pump Hanger at MVP

Old 01-12-07, 06:35 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Billet Dual Fuel Pump Hanger at MVP

For those who missed it. MVP has come through.
http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...=1#post2350085

gadgetSC
Old 01-12-07, 08:04 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn right they have. I'm VERY happy that MVP is now a major player in the Lexus arena. They've played a major part in bringing the Supra world where it is today, and they're ready to bring their same magic to the Lexus world. Don't look for too many body kit of chrome wheels group buys from Kevin, he's all about the performance.

Eric
Old 01-17-07, 07:28 PM
c0wboy
Banned

The MVP billet dual hanger is in danger of not going through due to lack of committment from the SC community. So far there is only 3 confirmed, and we need 10. We've been told that the SC community wanted these for years, so here's the chance to get this group buy going.

Let's roll on this,

Thanks guys,

Eric
Old 01-18-07, 01:58 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Come on Guys and gals...Jump on this...Now is the time. I have confirmed my order.

Ryan
Old 01-18-07, 06:40 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

with the price of those and the high location of the oem tank, it's a hard decision between that and a cell. . .

that's just my stand in this so far, but money is tight right now(finishing up single project).
Old 01-18-07, 08:16 PM
c0wboy
Banned

On a street car, the billet pump hanger will make life a whole lot easier and a whole lot more bearable. With the pump hanger, the pumps won't drive you nuts with a loud whine. Cost wise, it's about the least expensive billet pump hanger available for any platform that I know of, but MVP will be raising the price after the introduction is over.

Thanks man,

Eric
Old 01-20-07, 08:38 PM
dohc3ltt
Pole Position

Eric,

how will these pump hangers stop the loud whine?
Old 01-20-07, 09:25 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dohc3ltt
Eric,

how will these pump hangers stop the loud whine?
Eric explained that the problem is that everybody uses band clamps to hold the pumps in place, and that facilitates the whine...The billet hanger uses set screws to hold the pumps in place, and that virtually eliminates all noise, whatsoever...I can tell you, they are noisy...that is why my name is on the list...I would rather not have to dynamat the whole fuel tank and close off the whole where the stock sub use to sit...Adding even more weight to the car...I prefer not to. So, this seems like an excellent solution.

Chime in whenever you can Eric....

Ryan
Old 01-20-07, 09:39 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Already ordered mine
Old 01-20-07, 10:57 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

ordered mine also!!
Old 01-21-07, 06:35 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This has to help eliminate the fuel smell in the interior. Tapping the cover to run staged pumps can cause a few headaches trying to get the correct fittings, then trying to get the best seal possible.
Order up people. You'll be kicking yourself later if you dont.

gadgetSC
Old 01-21-07, 07:27 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Ryan's got it right, much of the noise from two pumps comes from the fact that most guys just toss them in with a couple of hose clamps. They then vibrate like crazy and that's what you hear in the driver area. These are held in by set screws, and what's more the cups are suited exactly to the diameter of the fuel pumps. One question for the guys who ordered, do you want to retain the stock fuel line position, or do you want the fuel lines to come through the hat? It doesn't matter either way as we can do both, we just want to give the community what it needs.

Soooooo, so far there's 5 signed up, and we need 5 more. Let's get on board with this and get these made.

Thanks again,

Eric
Old 01-21-07, 12:14 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

cowboy it dosent matter to me how the lines come out, but i would like to upgrade fuel delivery line as im doing this because my future horsepower goal needs a hell of alot of fuel. but im open to how they pull this off. i do not want noisy fuel pumps thats why im going with this solution plus it seems much safer than just strapping 2 pumps together and letting them hang in the tank like they would.
Old 01-21-07, 07:45 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Right, the fuel delivery line is whatever the user would like it to be. The stock line won't be used, rather twin lines from the twin pumps.

Thanks man,

Eric
Old 10-10-07, 02:14 AM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetSC
This has to help eliminate the fuel smell in the interior. Tapping the cover to run staged pumps can cause a few headaches trying to get the correct fittings, then trying to get the best seal possible.
Order up people. You'll be kicking yourself later if you dont.

gadgetSC

gadgetSC, I modified my stock hanger to fit lik my tt pump exactly like my supra was setup and it came out clean and I have no gas smell in the cabin. I did seal the wires that come through the hat to power my 2nd pump with silicone though.

Only PITA was actually getting the pumps through that small hole in the tank, I was trying to cut down some costs and used the $375 on covering some of the costs on my $2550 clutch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Billet Dual Fuel Pump Hanger at MVP