Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Maybe you all can shed a little light on my questions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 01:50 AM
hiteklex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Maybe you all can shed a little light on my questions!

Hi all. I have a 92 SC400 and have a couple of issues I wanted to seek some insight on. I have a really strong burning oil smell outside of the car or inside if the vent/heater is on. I'm thinking it may be an oil line spraying on an exhaust pipe but I'm merely guessing. My next issue is that whenever I turn on my AC it smells like mold/mildew. I've read many of the posts regarding this problem and I'm leaning toward just swapping out all the AC components with new and converting to R134a. My final question is in regards to the BFI intake. I really want to do this mod but I can't find "egg cups". If anyone can help me locate "egg cups" I'd be really appreciative as we don't have a Woolworths around here, and I can't find them anywhere. Thanks in advance for the help!

Here is the paragraph from the BFI about egg cups.....

The autospeed.com article on Ballistic Bellmouths was my inspiration - another great idea by Julian Edgar. By using an eggcup from Woolworths (also called Safeway in Vic) (cost of $1.50 has now gone up to $2! - but still cheaper than the $40 at motorsport shops) and grinding the bottom of the cup off using a bench grinder.
Old 11-28-06, 08:47 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by hiteklex
My final question is in regards to the BFI intake. I really want to do this mod but I can't find "egg cups". If anyone can help me locate "egg cups" I'd be really appreciative as we don't have a Woolworths around here, and I can't find them anywhere.

I just cut a rectangle hole above the airbox inlet tube (the one under the headlight.) I use a K&N (but there is some dispute about K&N's) Drop in.

Done.

A buddy of mine "Dremeled" all the fins out of the airbox on his VW R32, and stuffed a K&N Cone filter in there.
Old 11-29-06, 08:06 PM
hiteklex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I really like the look of the bellmouths but I'm leaning toward just cutting a rectangle. I've been trying to find eggcups for too long now. I have a K&N now. I've read the debates over K&N vs paper. I'm in a pretty dusty area so I'll just have to judge how dirty my K&N gets after the mod.