Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My GTE engine progress pics :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-06, 09:10 PM
trangk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GTE engine progress pics :)

Thought I'd share some pictures ... this is the GTE engine I am currently putting together for my swap. It's taken a while but I'm getting close ...

The before picture

Cleaned up the block

ARP studs going in

And skipped some steps (which I'll fill in when I get my other memory card home)

The after pictures:

Still waiting on new motor mounts, injectors to come back from cleaning, wiring harness, etc, etc, etc ... also need to finish cleaning up the pulleys but it's getting there

Old 11-04-06, 05:53 AM
Twin Turbo
Rookie

so shinny Lucky you, the GTE motor I picked up comes out shot, so my proj will take a lot longer.

Keep us Updated, looks like 500hp monster already

Did you paint the block with high temp black gloss? I like that
Old 11-04-06, 07:31 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so this means that you will be able to come to the huge meet we are having here in Orlando in Dec.? see the florida forum for details... or the sticky at the top of the forum. that looks like a nice set up and it sure is perdy! cant wait to check it out.

edit: just noticed this is my 3000th post... how about that, i used it to give a compliment. ahhh, how i have grown with CL. lol.
Old 11-04-06, 07:45 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Awesome
Old 11-04-06, 10:20 AM
ef9
Driver

Wow. Looks great! What turbo is that? What are you doing as far the fuel setup and engine management?
Old 11-04-06, 11:06 AM
trangk
Driver

Twin Turbo: That sucks man Who did you pick up your engine from? I got mine from JHOT Imports and it came really clean. And yeah painted the block with high temp gloss black ... makes it look brand new

ki_soarer: I'm gonna try and make that meet I'll definitely be down in Orlando with the car though (to get tuned ... Tallahassee sucks for good performance shops ... read that as: there are none)

Seize: Thanks

ef9: The turbo is a Boost Logic 67mm DBB. I'm running the Powerhouse Racing stage 2 fuel setup which is dual 255lph Walbro pumps, 850cc injectors (still waiting on those to come back from cleaning), Aeromotive FPR, -8an feed, etc. I'm just gonna run the MAP-ECU for now as engine management. Maybe switch to AEM later.
Old 11-04-06, 12:42 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who will be tuning it? daren at titan? be sure to let the orlando crew know when you will be in town, we gotta check this baby out.
Old 11-04-06, 01:08 PM
ef9
Driver

Originally Posted by trangk
ef9: The turbo is a Boost Logic 67mm DBB. I'm running the Powerhouse Racing stage 2 fuel setup which is dual 255lph Walbro pumps, 850cc injectors (still waiting on those to come back from cleaning), Aeromotive FPR, -8an feed, etc. I'm just gonna run the MAP-ECU for now as engine management. Maybe switch to AEM later.

Awesome! I've got a Garret T67 going on a 1.5JZ with one Walbro, 750s, Aeromotive FPR, 6AN feed, and a MAP ECU thats on the verge of being finished. I'll be watching your threads closely to see how yours works out.

Are you running 2JZ-GTE harness and ecu? US or JDM? Are you auto or 5spd?

Good luck with everything. Should be a blast when its done.
Old 11-04-06, 04:27 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Looks good. What kind of numbers you shooting for. I see an easy 500 on pump. Tasty just thinking about it. I just wish I never sold my motor and trans set. I hate getting married. (don't tell her I said that)
Old 11-04-06, 06:40 PM
trangk
Driver

ki_soarer: Yeah everyone has recommended Darin@Titan so that's more than likely who I will be going to. Like I said, I'm gonna try to make the Orlando meet but I still have a lot to try and get done. I hate waiting for parts Would be fun to do a mini-meet though if I can't make the big meet (maybe at Titan when the car gets tuned?)

ef9: Awesome! From everything I've heard/seen, the 67mm turbo is THE street turbo to own. Super fast spool and plenty of top end. Post some pics of your setup ... would love to check it out

And yes, I bite the bullet and got the USDM harness/ECU simply cause I couldn't get a trustworthy pinout of the JDM harness/ECU (and the thought of having to extend the harness didn't sound fun)

I'm auto but will be running the BL built auto with a 3800 stall. Hopefully that gets here this week so I can drop the engine in.

SinisterSC: Not really shooting for anything but if it's over 500rwhp I'm happy .... awwww who am I kidding ... I'm hoping for 650-700
Old 11-05-06, 12:52 AM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Is that a funtioning Trac I see on the TB?
Old 11-05-06, 10:05 AM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Lil curious on the fuel supply set up. You 'Yd' the feeds to the rail w/ the
regulator. I'm not sure if that would have any adverse affects on fuel
volume to the rail, but pressure would be ok. I haven't seen this done
before (maybe something new) & wanted to know what if any benifts
there was w/ that set up.
Old 11-05-06, 05:31 PM
William N.
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trangk, very nice setup....looking really good...I wanted to know where did you get your black turbo blanket? I have only seen the silver ones that BL sells...
Old 11-05-06, 07:13 PM
trangk
Driver

Originally Posted by supra dr
Lil curious on the fuel supply set up. You 'Yd' the feeds to the rail w/ the
regulator. I'm not sure if that would have any adverse affects on fuel
volume to the rail, but pressure would be ok. I haven't seen this done
before (maybe something new) & wanted to know what if any benifts
there was w/ that set up.
I'd ignore that ... those were the only AN lines I had laying around so I just slapped them on to see what it'd look like

It's actually supposed to be a line from the pumps to the lines Y'ed to the FPR and the fuel rail, a single line from the fuel rail to the FPR and a -6an from the FPR to the stock return. I have an older PHR fuel rail without dual feed/center return and didn't feel like drilling a new center return. This is what I've seen people do who don't have dual feed/center return. I don't think it should have any adverse effects on volume.
Old 11-05-06, 07:15 PM
trangk
Driver

Originally Posted by William N.
trangk, very nice setup....looking really good...I wanted to know where did you get your black turbo blanket? I have only seen the silver ones that BL sells...
Boost Logic also sells a black one

Quick Reply: My GTE engine progress pics :)