Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PT63 Project *Sneak Preview*

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 09:44 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PT63 Project

I guess this is basically a teaser thread. Probably not all that exciting to anyone else but me. But i thought i would share with you all... Im planning to do most of the install myself, except for tuning, And I plan on updating the thread as the project progresses.
Yesterday I was excited all day because i was expecting a delivery.... So as soon as i heard the Fed Ex truck drive up I tore out the door like a kid hearing an ice cream truck.
Anyhow Its a used kit( as is obvious from the pics ) and the turbo is a PT63.

Heres a couple pics (I know everyone loves pictures) of what i got!

Last edited by CantSeeMe; 02-12-07 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Not a sneak peak anymore
Old 11-02-06, 09:48 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Old 11-02-06, 09:55 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet setup man, that **** should make your car more than fast enough to justify your hood! JK the hood is sick wit it!

What are you going to be using to tune it? S-afc?
Old 11-03-06, 09:54 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by b13gripper
Sweet setup man, that **** should make your car more than fast enough to justify your hood! JK the hood is sick wit it!

What are you going to be using to tune it? S-afc?
Thanks, Actually its funny that you mention that about the hood. I wouldnt have gone w/ this hood if i didnt intend to increase the cars performance TBH.
But ive been thinking about, that when im done with the turbo install I think the hood will have to go. but im not totally decided.
The reason is it draws way too much attention from the local 5-Oh. I cant drive the car at night in the city i live in without being followed. The cops here have way too much free time. Ive been stopped this month twice for an exhaust leak. The most recent time i had to pop the hood.
What a joke...I was embarrased for him, it was obvious he didnt have a clue about engines. He looked it over for 10 minutes, (bone stock btw) focusing mainly on my blue vaccuum lines going all over the place. Finally I pointed out in a way too cheery tone , that i even still had the stock intake box.
Then he said to me "I see that....."They sure make these NEW cars hard to figure out..." (new?? its a 13 year old car!)
Then said "well...You cant blame me too much ....We've had people racing and dying (DYING?? also news to me) out here... And besides, you dont see too many pimped out Lexus....That is a nice car" Then he didnt say anything else , got in his car and left.... No ticket or have a nice night, no goodnight kiss, nothing.... I was thinking WTF? I didnt even know we were done...
Oh yeah , back to the topic. I'm probably going with an SAFC2 for tuning. Not 100% though.
Old 11-04-06, 12:44 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats gonna be nice.

sucks to live in CALI.

I took my SC down there for a few days last year and every cop in the world wanted to stop the car. I think its because you can see the turbo and oil pump hangin out the bottom rear of the car.

My Washington plates saved me tho
Old 11-06-06, 02:07 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet looking manifold, what is it btw and is it a equal length!?
Old 11-23-06, 03:43 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Emerald
Thats gonna be nice.

sucks to live in CALI.

I took my SC down there for a few days last year and every cop in the world wanted to stop the car. I think its because you can see the turbo and oil pump hangin out the bottom rear of the car.

My Washington plates saved me tho
Sorry for the slow response ... Thank you, I'm nowhere close to your talent level building cars Emerald. But it should turn out pretty well i think. So far, so good. Im still doing preinstall work. gaskets, plugs, etc .
Oh yeah..please dont get me started on the cops here! I can just imagine the reaction they would have seeing your car roll through.
Old 11-23-06, 04:28 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Which na-t 2jz-ge manifold is that? I like it
Old 11-23-06, 04:56 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
Thanks, Actually its funny that you mention that about the hood. I wouldnt have gone w/ this hood if i didnt intend to increase the cars performance TBH.
But ive been thinking about, that when im done with the turbo install I think the hood will have to go. but im not totally decided.
The reason is it draws way too much attention from the local 5-Oh. I cant drive the car at night in the city i live in without being followed. The cops here have way too much free time. Ive been stopped this month twice for an exhaust leak. The most recent time i had to pop the hood.
What a joke...I was embarrased for him, it was obvious he didnt have a clue about engines. He looked it over for 10 minutes, (bone stock btw) focusing mainly on my blue vaccuum lines going all over the place. Finally I pointed out in a way too cheery tone , that i even still had the stock intake box.
Then he said to me "I see that....."They sure make these NEW cars hard to figure out..." (new?? its a 13 year old car!)
Then said "well...You cant blame me too much ....We've had people racing and dying (DYING?? also news to me) out here... And besides, you dont see too many pimped out Lexus....That is a nice car" Then he didnt say anything else , got in his car and left.... No ticket or have a nice night, no goodnight kiss, nothing.... I was thinking WTF? I didnt even know we were done...
Oh yeah , back to the topic. I'm probably going with an SAFC2 for tuning. Not 100% though.
ho mean hahaha lol. nice story
Old 11-23-06, 08:26 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dejacky
Which na-t 2jz-ge manifold is that? I like it
Thanks, Its a Vinny Ten actually. The pics dont do it justice either. Its a really good quality manifold though.
Old 11-24-06, 01:50 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Good Stuff keep us posted.
Old 11-24-06, 09:34 PM
erollinc
Driver

ill buy your hood lol
Old 12-09-06, 09:16 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Well im not quite done with the install yet....But most of the work im happy to say, is done! Mostly wiring and a couple other chores are all thats left!
If all goes as planned i should be finishing up this week!
But heres a couple pics i took til then....
Attached Thumbnails PT63 Project *Sneak Preview*-kittyinthetrash.jpg  
Old 12-09-06, 09:19 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

another pic
Attached Thumbnails PT63 Project *Sneak Preview*-000_0270.jpg  
Old 12-10-06, 12:45 AM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just give the ole' peace officers a big thumbs up when ya see em'.....

gotta love those guys--

They all have dreams and aspirations of becoming Dawg the bounty hunter-- that's the pinnacle of success to those guys--

Nice setup--

Quick Reply: PT63 Project *Sneak Preview*