Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Intermittent speedometer/odometer operation

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 07:18 AM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in port st. lucie. its about 45 minutes north of west palm.
Old 05-18-09, 07:54 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn thats way too far for me. I'm about an 1.5 hours from west palm.
Old 05-18-09, 08:18 AM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

you dont have to drive anywhere. i could come out there. i wouldnt expect you to waste gas just for me to test something
Old 06-06-09, 11:04 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

sooooooooo. update: today i pulled out my radio (aftermarket) to see maybe there some wiring pinched or cut. the only thing i found was where two wires were twisted together and wrapped with electric tape, one of the wires had an open end exposed. i believe it was brown/yellow if that helps. after i put everything back together i had the -22 temp problem that others have reported. in a panic, i pulled every fuse in the kick panel and the efi from under the hood. now here is where i forget the order of events. i do not recall if i pull the cluster out before the fuse part but i think so because i remember driving with it working and the temp still at -22. so i get home and decide whatever im just going to put the car together, because the whole center console was not in. so i put everything in, fire up the car and....speedo is still working, and temp is back to normal. now, the only thing i did NOT put back in was the piece with the odometer and the dimmer switch. so far i have drove around quite a bit and the speedo is still on. now what im trying to determine is IF this is in fact fixed...which part do you think most likely could have solved the problem...rewrapping that wire in the back, pulling all the fuses, or leaving the odometer disconnected. im hesitant to hook the odometer up right away because i want to allow some time to mess up again. for instance if it makes it like 3 full days working and then i hook up the odometer it would be easier to know it was the odometer. any insight?
Old 04-15-14, 09:25 AM
DARKSHOT
Driver School Candidate

Default hey

hey guys ever read up on your comments and I noticed that I'm having the same issue you guys are having an awkward enough I also live in Florida in the Miami area for some reason the diagnostic says number one bank speed sensor but I've replaced in with no success the speedometer still not working and the obometer isn't working either it only turns on for 5 minutes or so when its really cold outside and when the car heats up it turns back off mind you I live in Florida cold doesn't happen often have you guys been able to fix this problem any help will be appreciated this thing is killing my gas if by any chance I don't reply you can go ahead and email me mlgdarkshot@yahoo.com. thank u