Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Electric superchargers?

Old 10-12-06, 01:42 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric superchargers?

I see these electric superchargers selling for $350 on Ebay for the Sc's...Say they push 250cfm of air directly into the intake for what might be 10-25hp gains...The stock intakes can take in 600cfm on it's own...I think these are junk and complete crap, any thoughts?

However, a powerful electric leaf blower can push out 600cfm and what about a small powerful electric air compressor?...Convert the 12V, and direct it and or channel it dirrectly into the intake...There might be some gains made with those, no?

I am searching for cheap but effective mods....
Attached Thumbnails Electric superchargers?-erol_lexus_manifolds.jpg  
Old 10-12-06, 01:46 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Here we go again.........
Old 10-12-06, 02:02 PM
jibbby

Here you go again...Me I haven't gone there yet.....

I saw a guy attach a gas leaf blower which pushes approx. 800cfm directly connected to the intake with duct tape and made like 40hp on the dyno, it was of course a small 4 banger Honda but still was impressive....

I'm trying to get creative here cut me some slack.....

Last edited by jibbby; 10-12-06 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-12-06, 02:41 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Cut you some slack huh hmmmmmm how about you dress up as Ronald McDonald and I'll be the King for Halloween

Old 10-12-06, 04:17 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
Here you go again...Me I haven't gone there yet.....

I saw a guy attach a gas leaf blower which pushes approx. 800cfm directly connected to the intake with duct tape and made like 40hp on the dyno, it was of course a small 4 banger Honda but still was impressive....

I'm trying to get creative here cut me some slack.....
I saw that video too, then they opened the bottle of nos into the intake of the leaf blower.

yes it will work, but it wont be enough, and you'll want more power.
Old 10-12-06, 04:18 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Cut you some slack huh hmmmmmm how about you dress up as Ronald McDonald and I'll be the King for Halloween

That GIF just makes me happy inside!!!
Old 10-12-06, 04:23 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

The amount of electrical drain would hurt more than help as your cars electrical demands would suffer dramatically with such a high amp CONSTANT draw.

Coils would be lower in voltage, injectors would get lower data voltage, in the event you install a new $300 alternator to circumvent the problem........ you add more drag to the engine with a bigger alt.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

.......and what are you going to tell your computer when it want's to know how to compensate for the added air shoving itself through the MAF? Are you going to write a completely new program for the electric air blower that's sucking your voltage down through your new $300 alternator that's dragging on your engine?

........... now, see why these suck?
Old 10-12-06, 06:15 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Wouldn't this be a good way to increase your lower end if you've got a super charger
Old 10-12-06, 06:38 PM
nasc300
Lead Lap

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04..._supercharger/
http://www.boosthead.com/home.php
http://www.boosthead.com/product.php?id=18
Old 10-13-06, 06:14 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

leaf blowers electric superchargers damn what else will you guys try on these 1uz engines please if you want more power the key words are 1jzgte or 2jzgte.plus jibby you said tou putting out 500hp why will you want more power ,especially wit these bootleg parts
Old 10-13-06, 06:38 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I see these electric superchargers selling for $350 on Ebay for the Sc's...Say they push 250cfm of air directly into the intake for what might be 10-25hp gains...The stock intakes can take in 600cfm on it's own...I think these are junk and complete crap, any thoughts?

However, a powerful electric leaf blower can push out 600cfm and what about a small powerful electric air compressor?...Convert the 12V, and direct it and or channel it dirrectly into the intake...There might be some gains made with those, no?

I am searching for cheap but effective mods....
No leaf blower and no electric supercharger. You can read my past comments on these by doing a search.

A major problem with both is that in the case of the electric superchargers, they only work on WOT (a little button that sits underneath your accelerator).

Leaf blower, again how are you going to control the rate of flow? Your MAF is going to hate you.

I stuck to a homemade ram air system on my RX that works A-OK, but a turbo is in the future for me.
Old 10-13-06, 09:21 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know much about superchargers, but i always thought twin centrifugal superchargers would be tite as hell.
Old 10-13-06, 10:14 AM
jibbby

See fella's, My trade is in the commercial and residential contracting and construction business...I come in contact with very powerful little electric blower motors, compressors, and even stong industrial little electric vacume motors...So I wonder the possibilities, if they have been considered..

As these electric motors become more advanced in recent years I would think they can be made to use in the auto industry (effectively)...I have even considered the thought of a powerful electric vacume to aid with exhaust gas extraction...What are your thoughts on electric vacume turbo's?

Cherplex your ruthless - How about you dress up as Ronald McDonald and I will dress as the King.. The King can really stick you and get you "JACKED UP" on ESPN in addition to blowing Ronald away in a drive by.... Ronald had no skills....

Last edited by jibbby; 10-13-06 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-13-06, 10:17 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Either way I'll just drive away from you in your 400 w/electric supercharger....
Old 10-13-06, 10:27 AM
jibbby

I didn't say I would electic supercharge my SC4 and I don't think you will drive away from me either...Maybe try and catch up to me but not pull away...Not a chance Cherpex...

I just wanted to know if gains are possible for others....Root chargers is my ticket...The M112 with a Richmond style manifold is what I am currently looking into...Manifold height problems and fitment is the current delema in SC4's..The M112 chargers can boost up to around 600whp while the M90's are half that maybe...The M90's are too weak....Garrett single turbo exhaust is still a possibility too...

Lewboy - I am not putting out 500hp, I wish...I am putting out around 300whp (210whp N/A and another approx 100whp with my NOS) at the current moment....More to come, especially now that I have a re-built and stronger tranny in that is able to support more horses....

Last edited by jibbby; 10-13-06 at 11:05 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electric superchargers?