Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

97 Lexus SC400 Supercharger project

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 08:16 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and why not port your lower intake manifold where it bolts to? ;]
Old 10-03-06, 08:22 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, and why stop there, these things are like a domino effect, where does it all end? I actually was planning on looking into porting the intake manifold and supercharger intake tube.
Old 10-11-06, 06:27 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

I am looking into the Eaton M112 charger if I decide to go in that supercharging direction...Still can't fully decide to Turbo or Supercharge my SC4...I recently am pulling toward supercharging because I would just hate to dump my Headers and re-work all the exhaust mods etc.. for a turbo setup....

How's the project going? Do you need intercooling with the M90?
Old 10-11-06, 07:27 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jibbby
I am looking into the Eaton M112 charger if I decide to go in that supercharging direction...Still can't fully decide to Turbo or Supercharge my SC4...I recently am pulling toward supercharging because I would just hate to dump my Headers and re-work all the exhaust mods etc.. for a turbo setup....

How's the project going? Do you need intercooling with the M90?
I'm not planning on intercooling my M90. My project is slow at this point, the outside of the supercharger is being polished right now. Then when it gets back it will most likely be shipped off for internal porting and polishing. With the porting my 9lb pulley becomes a 11lb pulley so I think I am going to go for it. All in all this is probably a month delay. Right now I am familiarizing myself with the Piggyback software then I need to get it to a dyno. I also need to educate myself on injectors, I don’t have any idea of what size will be required for 11lbs boost. Lots to do still, but it will all be worth it when it’s done.
Old 10-12-06, 02:45 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great work! I look forward to following the progress. Good luck.

I put down 297whp with NX wet 150 shot and K&N drop in filter. You will be laughing

I really want your B&M tranny cooler, Dragon convertor and LSD!
Old 10-13-06, 04:15 PM
Psionic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I'm not planning on intercooling my M90. My project is slow at this point, the outside of the supercharger is being polished right now. Then when it gets back it will most likely be shipped off for internal porting and polishing. With the porting my 9lb pulley becomes a 11lb pulley so I think I am going to go for it. All in all this is probably a month delay. Right now I am familiarizing myself with the Piggyback software then I need to get it to a dyno. I also need to educate myself on injectors, I don’t have any idea of what size will be required for 11lbs boost. Lots to do still, but it will all be worth it when it’s done.
I thought that they included bigger injectors when you buy the larger psi kit? I also heard that no one supports over 10psi either.... I hope you can prove that wrong though.

jibby: there is a good writeup over at lextreme that shows why the M90 is the best way to go. I thought you mightve seen it already though...
Old 10-13-06, 06:43 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Nope, no injectors were included. What do you mean by no one supports over 10psi? Do you mean complete kits or fuel management ?
Old 10-14-06, 06:21 AM
Psionic
Lead Lap

Someone else on here was trying to figure out how to get over 10psi and so he called the company and they said that they dont support that. He ended up going turbo.
Old 10-14-06, 07:03 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Psionic
Someone else on here was trying to figure out how to get over 10psi and so he called the company and they said that they dont support that. He ended up going turbo.
I see, well I'm not sure myself. I was going to try to get 11psi out of it. I may not achieve it but 10psi won't be to bad. Wish me luck.
Old 10-14-06, 08:52 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I see, well I'm not sure myself. I was going to try to get 11psi out of it. I may not achieve it but 10psi won't be to bad. Wish me luck.
As long as you can find the right pulley, provide the amount of fuel needed, have the ability to tune the AFR properly, you should be able to increase your boost.

Scott, don't worry about what others are are stating, just stick to your plan, and get solid advice from highly "boost educated" people, possibly off the forum, and you should be fine.

Ryan
Old 10-14-06, 09:14 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Scott,

Great choice. Andrew at Richwood Technologies is a very nice bloke to work with. Matter of fact we had a group buy on the manifold not too long ago. I think if you mention Lextreme he might still honor the group buy, but I am not 100% sure. However, with my dealing with Andrew is a very stand up type of guy. FAT and few other manifolds were made by Richwood. This is the original producer. Buying from Andrew is buying from the maker not the middle man.

I have one on of my my engines right now (not running). This manifold fits like a glove. You can always contact Andrew (the owner). His email is richwoodtechnologies@bigpond.com. Here is a picture of the manifold.
Attached Thumbnails 97 Lexus SC400 Supercharger project-supercharged-1uzfe-20007.jpg  

Last edited by Lextreme; 10-14-06 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-14-06, 09:44 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Right on Ryan, Right on!

Lextreme,
You are right about Andrew, he is a straight shooter and he did hook me up with a great deal! I hope to install mine in the next month. What injectors do you plan to run with your setup?
Old 10-14-06, 12:52 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

For me? My project? I am not going to run supercharger on my 4.7 Liter SC400. It will be twin turbo. Since you asked. I will be running eight 1000 cc injectors with possible Autotronic SM4 if money allow.

Here is a picture of my motor with 1000 cc injectors:

Last edited by Lextreme; 10-14-06 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-16-06, 10:03 AM
Psionic
Lead Lap

Do you guys ever have to worry about things getting underneath the intake? I mean like dirt/trash/etc? Does it make the starter easier to change?
Old 10-25-06, 02:10 PM
Psionic
Lead Lap

Any progress so far? I cant wait to see how this thing turns out

Quick Reply: 97 Lexus SC400 Supercharger project