Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 MAF help

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-06, 07:24 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pic Request - SC400 MAF

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could take a picture of inside the maf housing for me, the side opposite of the honeycomb. What I did was modify it slightly to allow more airflow which worked but too much and now i stall out at stops from running too lean. So I need to get back to close stock location for the screw and tune from there. So if anyone could take a picture and post it of the maf housing, payin particularly close attention to the gold screw. Thanks a lot.

Anthony

Last edited by LexAnt; 09-12-06 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-12-06, 05:35 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

bump anyone? i need to know asap, i'm tired of stalling out everytime i get off the freeway.
Old 09-13-06, 12:13 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there, I went through that awhile back, and I was able to keep the balance by slightly increasing the fuel pressure, and keeping the adjustment screw in it's original position.

If you do any correcting with the screw, make sure to mark, clearly, where it was when you started, and then to only move it a very small (screwdriver blade thickness) each time you make an adjustment.

After each adjustment you need to go through at least two full driving cycles to establish the adjustment, and you can't really make any judgements as to how much better it's running until this has taken place.

A driving cycle is starting from cold, driving 55mph, a steady cruise for a short while, and a coasting(near)stop.

Also need to have a larger aircleaner than the panel to get any benefit over 4,000 rpm.
Old 09-13-06, 06:39 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Hey, thanks for the info, i will be doing this and hope i find the right spot. i have a question tho. my biggest quirk is that when i'm exiting the freeway and coasting to a stop with light braking, my wideband is reading 13s to 10s for the a/f ratio and this is what i think causes the car to sputter as it tries to correct and goes lean in the 17s, jumping back and forth if it doesn't die. when i first did this, i pulled the screw completely out of the unmetered air area, do you think the ecu is still thinking there is more air coming in? i pulled the efi fuse a couple times already to try and clear that memory. right now i put the screw back in to the point where it's at the beginning of the curve, think i should pull it out more or push it in to fix the decelerating problem?
Old 09-14-06, 11:32 AM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that if you are out of the range of the ecu's limits that you will be in closed loop mode, and the settings will not have the same effect, so you need to keep within that range at least. That should also help the decell problem.