Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New here and boosted

Old 09-08-06, 09:48 PM
slither
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and boosted

Hey guys, nice forum you got here. GladI can contribute and be a part of it, asking for advice and hopefully handing out some as well. Where to start
Okay, new to sc300's but not to 2jz's. I currently own a 94 74gts supra(built from stock, all work done by me). I actually am starting a business making products for these cars(exhaust, intakes, fuel system's, etc..) Just finising up the supra 4" exhaust as we speak. On to the car.
Its a 93 sc300, all GTE internals, gt42 turbo, stock auto. In the process of removing the current turbo kit and building another to more suite my goals with the car. In "decent" shape, but I didnt want a show car to start with as I have wanted a sleeper sc300 for SO long now. Couple dents/dings, nothing major. Car looks completly stock except for the ugly exhaust(adding 4" dp/mp w/ electric cutout, and a stock sc300 catback to make it look more of a sleeper but will not hender the performance in the least). Car is lowered, too far for me anyway and Ill be adding the shocks/springs off of my supra(is this a good idea, i figure a small drop from stock???)
For the plans of the car. One of my fuel systems, gt42 turbo, TH400 w/ matched stall, more tint(to hide the interior, not to add pimp to the car) , small shot of gas for spoolup, and my exhaust. Not looking to set the world on fire, but should run pretty good for such a simple combo. Like to run in the 9's and be consistent.
On to my questions.
1. Until the th400 conversion is done, Ill be keeping the stock trans(stall is 2400). If I floor it in first, once boost hits its like it "jerks" like your on the gas, off, on, off until you let out. Once you get into 2nd it pulls great(made 410whp on 12psi), same with 3rd. Any idea's?
2. The car has no 02. Dont ask me how or why, maybe its common with an sc, but I wouldnt think so. Drivability is great and the WOT pulls show good a/f.
3. What parts would you guys like to see more of? I have searched some, and am still at a loss at to what options are out there for fuel systems(rail mostly). Some say the Supra TT aftermarket rails will work, some say no. For the ones that dont fit, is this a "want fit because it hits this" problem or a "injector holes are in the wrong place" problem? Also, I plan to become a site vendor once up and operational.
4. This car has a MAFT box(GM MAF) and a safc-2 for tuning. What is common in terms of tuning these cars? I dont really care for AEM as I dont want to be at the mercy of a tuner and would prefer to do it all myself. Is there any program out there(besides map ecu) to convert these cars to SD? Would an HKS VPC/GCC combo work, or is it even available?
5. The car has no BOV. Could this be the cause of the 1st gear "bucking" problem?

Sorry for the long winded intro/post and hope to meet up with some of you
Old 09-09-06, 08:36 AM
1JZ300
Lexus Test Driver

i have a bunch of extra intercooler piping, and a i have a RFL bov, if you need it let me know, clean car but wheres the pics??? if your car has what it says it has....bad *** car..also, if you have any spare parts, as in cam gears(greddy,aem,hks), or things of that nature let me know!! PM me
Old 09-09-06, 10:37 AM
slither
Driver School Candidate

Most(if any) of the parts I would have as spares would be for a supra(superdragger exhaust, 3" dp/mp)
Ill get some pics soon, the car really is nothing fancy, looks stock