Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300 5spd (2jz swap) What bolts up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 05:32 PM
Sintari
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc300 5spd (2jz swap) What bolts up?

Ive read tons of the threads on the site and I know a lot about the trannys now. Now my question is, if I order a 2je-tt and get the 6spd tranny, do I have to change my rear-end? I tried to find the gear ratio's but it was frustrating me so I figured I would just ask.

Also, I know I am going to need the ECU from a tt as well, but besides the engine and misc stuff like alternator and compressor, is there anything else I am going to need to do this swap?

I know the engine mounts line up perfect and its easy to do the swap by yourself. My issue is that I dont want to get this car tore down and get ready to put this engine in and have problems?

tried to see if the exhaust would bolt up the same but I had no luck finding that either.

Sorry, not trying to **** anyone off, I just need a little guidance here. Thanks in advance.

So if anyone could tell me exactly what will bolt up and what ill need to find in advance, I would appreciate it. I

-Stan
Old 07-28-06, 10:08 AM
Sintari
Rookie

Alright, upon further reading I found that the 2jz swap is popular for NA Supra's as well. Is the supra swap and the SC300 swap the same thing? If so I found documentation on how its done and what matches up. If its not then I still need some guidance.

Anyone?
Old 07-28-06, 01:44 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

if you search a little more you should find what your looking for. as far as i know your new 2jzgte setup will bolt right in with no problems, you will need to address the shorter harness and some other electrical issues which are not that hard to do. as far as rearends im not sure if they will connect as i think the tt rearend uses a different size u joint and the shafts are of different lengths. if you have time go to club na-t.com for more info.

search your *** off and you will find tons here and other forums.
Old 07-31-06, 09:56 AM
LexusLimit
Driver

Originally Posted by Sintari
Ive read tons of the threads on the site and I know a lot about the trannys now. Now my question is, if I order a 2je-tt and get the 6spd tranny, do I have to change my rear-end? I tried to find the gear ratio's but it was frustrating me so I figured I would just ask.

-Stan

You will need a 6spd slave cylinder, driveshaft and complete rearend for it run perfectly. Since the sc300 chassis is longer you may have to extend the driveshaft. If your using a TT auto tranny then there is no need to change the driveshaft and rearend since the NA auto/manual driveshaft and rearend is the same as the auto TT.
Old 08-02-06, 04:45 PM
sickid
Driver School Candidate

my question is can you use the stock 5speed for time being on a stock 2jz-gte engine?
Old 08-02-06, 07:33 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sickid
my question is can you use the stock 5speed for time being on a stock 2jz-gte engine?
Yes you can.
Old 08-02-06, 07:56 PM
simonsays
Pole Position

so what are some of the engine parts u would need to change?