Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: What should I do with 6spd LSD
Pay the dude, Resell the part
84.62%
Keep the money and run!!! Feedback is low anyway
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Whay to do about 6spd LSD

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06, 06:26 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Whay to do about 6spd LSD

So the way-cool, way cheap 96 Supra Torsen LSD I got, Is pretty much useless on my car.

So what am I to do...

1. Pay the dude, get the part and hopefully resell it on Supra Forums or ebay.

2. Don't pay the guy, get hit with the negative feedback. And walk away with money in my pocket but feeling like a scum.
Note: (my ebay score is 7 total, not like I have loads of feedback invested)
Old 06-08-06, 06:37 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pay the dude, it's only 150 bucks man, then on top of that, i'm SURE someone would buy it. i jsut read a thread over on sf talking abouta guy blowing he's rear end up. maybe you could sell it to him.

i think you will come out ahead on this one if you buy it and resell it for a bit more.
Old 06-08-06, 10:04 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Well if it does not work on your car, you have no use for it. Write the guy and tell him you would like to pay his auction fee's and throw ten bucks on top of that for his time and you are very sorry.

Buy it IF- you can make a profit.

don't buy it IF- he responds like a "richard". You tried to be nice.
Old 06-09-06, 12:52 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

When you bid, you entered into a "legally binding contact" (which I know isnt really all that binding), thus you should take it semi-seriously as the guy has already taken time and money to list it on ebay (5 days for the auction, 5.25% of the first $25 and 3% there after), now that you've taken time to respond/pay, you've taken more of his time. Thus if he has to relist it, you've effectively wasted a week of his time. I say pay the man since you did indeed bid on it....I mean, its not his fault that it wont fit your car. I guess I sound like a "richard" but I hate when people bid on stuff Im trying to sell and then dont pay.
Old 06-09-06, 05:39 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

When you bid, you entered into a "legally binding contact" (which I know isnt really all that binding), thus you should take it semi-seriously as the guy has already taken time and money to list it on ebay (5 days for the auction, 5.25% of the first $25 and 3% there after), now that you've taken time to respond/pay, you've taken more of his time. Thus if he has to relist it, you've effectively wasted a week of his time. I say pay the man since you did indeed bid on it....I mean, its not his fault that it wont fit your car. I guess I sound like a "richard" but I hate when people bid on stuff Im trying to sell and then dont pay.
I think the dude figured out that no-one would take it. I mean if that one guy said he emailed him and asked what the bolt pattern was, then the guy figured out pretty quick that its only for that car. I mean I emailed him like 6 times before the auction ended, he only responded right after the auction ended, I mean like 6 minutes after.
He only listed it as a Supra TT Torsen LSD, he never listed it as a 6spd. I'm totally in agreeance with paying him for it, I also like the OLT idea of coming to a agreement and paying him some money for his time. I'll figure something out. Either paying for it or, parting ways on some even plane. I've been ripped off a few times on ebay already, I just don't want to hop on the fence either.

Morals suck sometimes!!!
Old 06-09-06, 06:08 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

Well I emailed him with OLT's idea, seeing if he'd be cool taking cash and ebay costs.

I also asked him why he didn't respond to my questions
But answered the other dudes question. I think this guy knew, and wanted it gone

Oh well, thanks for the response's and all the PM's I cant believe how many people would hold up with paying the guy even though its a dead end.

I wonder how it would be if it was their cash on the line.
Old 06-11-06, 05:43 PM
erollinc
Driver

i use ebay ALL the time and i can honestly say if you offer him like 5 bucks or enough to pay the fees .... he wont mind.... if he does... you can always take a hit and deal with it ... but i think he'll let you go if you talk to him....