Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AEM problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 06:16 AM
BillTSC300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM problems

I have a 95 Lexus with a strange problem, I just got done swapping in a new motor and started it today and it started great and ran fine. When it warmed up and I shut it off it wouldn't restart. The car refuses to fire the spark plugs when its warm and I am baffled. I have the 1100 unit in my car and here is a brief list of the mods, I am including everything just in case it might help.

1JZ bottom end with 2JZ-GE head
Single PT67
Twin power IGN
Uego
6sp
It uses the 1100 EMS w/ 5 bar map and UEGO.

those are the major thing that I thought might matter. I did swap all the sensors and such to the new motor so its not using any off the 1J stuff.

With my old 2JZ-GE boosted setup (only thing different was the bottom end) it ran fine. It did this to me one time @ the track and after sitting it finally started back up. I am just at a loss and have no idea what to check.

I went back over and started the car again after sitting for about 2 hours. It started right up and ran good, I was adjusting on the idle and let it die and it refuses to restart, no spark again. Is there a theft setting where it can't be restarted or anything?

Well I unhooked the coolant temp senor and the reading dropped to zero and the car ran like crap and then died.

PLEASE HELP ANYBODY, I am getting no help on A***s website.
Old 05-27-06, 08:19 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm also building a motor and had a similar experience. The motor starts fine, then when i go to restart no go. Have you checked the oil and coolant? My new head gasket didnt sit correctly and leaked coolant in to the block. When the plugs dried the motor would start again.
Old 05-27-06, 10:45 AM
BillTSC300
Rookie

I thought of that so I pulled the #1 wire and put it on a new plug and it didn't spark. I just went over and checked the coil and it is getting the 12-13 volts and sending signal to the Dist. I am letting it cool down so I can check the dist for spark signal now. There is a plug in on the side point to the front of the distributor that I am wondering what wire to check for volts?

I actually took it for a drive and it drove fine (a little rich) and sat and idled fine and then when I shut it off at the shop it did the usual won't start thing unitl its cooled off, AHHHHH.
Old 05-27-06, 01:48 PM
BillTSC300
Rookie

Okay I drove it a bit today and its driving fine except for running a little rich. I did a test just to see and as I was pulling up to the house I shut it off while still rolling and then put it in second and popped the clutch and it started right up. I then parked it, turned it off and then tried to start it and it wouldn't start again. man this is perplexing.
Old 05-27-06, 04:15 PM
BillTSC300
Rookie

I went back out and now I see that STAT SYNC'D is not turning on as it was when the car was running and when it will start (when its cold). Also the Coolant Temp is under 200 but is shaded red which I take to be bad?