Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hp Capacity 1uz-fe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-06, 06:44 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
With proper tuning, I don't see any reason why these motors won't handle much more than 500...

They are tough motors, built very well... maybe one day, when I figure out what I wanna do with a tranny, I'll find out...
Pistons and rods are the weakest points on the stock 1UZ-FE motor...
Old 07-29-06, 10:43 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.lextreme.com/3uzpiston.html

http://www.lextreme.com/rods.html

a good read on the rods and pistons of the 1uz vs the 3uz

seems the 1uz pistons and rods are stronger the the newer 3UZ. I also remember reading in the sc400T thread awhile back that when the turbo installer began opening up the 1uz block, the parts looked as strong as the 2JZGTEs in terms of rod thickness and strength. i could be wrong but ill try to search for it.

the weak point seems like everything else will go first.

edit-

From SC400TT's thread- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&page=14&pp=15

"Dropped off the block, crank and rods at the Machine shop today, CW Pence...great machining, these guys do quality work, know their stuff, and their prices are reasonable too. Understand that this is all these guys do every day, machine, clean and restore engines...They really know their stuff...When I had my buddy Chaz drop off the block, Jeffrey at CW Pence told me he had never seen the 1UZFE before, and now that he has seen the block, he cannot understand why any Supra guy would want to build a 1JZ or 2JZ over this engine. He was extremely impressed with the engineering Toyota put into this engine. He said if he had a Supra, he would definitely build this moter and drop it in... "

i believe it was a reference to the block with bottom end pieces fixed to it, i could be wrong though.

Last edited by Cannonbear; 07-29-06 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-16-12, 05:52 PM
92sc400xx
Driver School Candidate

hey guys, i have a 92 sc400.. motor runs strong as well as tranny. but entire exhaust is shot... lookin to upgrade, cats back. think im gonna rip out the cats and throw some test pipes in. any suggestions to where i can order some nice parts? without the hassle of fake sites haha thanks
Old 05-16-12, 06:05 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Apparently you're on a mission to resurrect all irrelevant threads from the last decade.

Go to an exhaust shop. Go custom. Very few catbacks exist anymore that are worth the price.