Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hp Capacity 1uz-fe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 11:27 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great info RDM!

Originally Posted by jibbby
It sounds like your getting close with your 150 shot....220rwhp + 150rwhp = 370rwhp.......
I have no idea where you get this. I have posted my dyno sheets before where I made 297 rwhp and 330 tq. I'm no where near 370whp.

We are not over this if you continue to claim HP #'s for your car without a dyno sheet.

PLEASE STOP CLAIMING YOU HAVE 400RWHP WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A DYNO!

Old 05-18-06, 02:28 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turboteg - I really don't know what to do with you. I guess I should get defensive... Well maybe not...Let's just start by sayingi the point of this thread is to see how much horsepower a stock 1uz-fe engine can handle...PERIOD!!!....not about my engine, nos, hp's,etc.. Again I have not dyno'd and only estimate numbers that I believe are correct..... If I am wrong in my calculations or about something please let me know with proof so I can correct it....because I really don't want to mislead anyone...

Now, In reply to your last remarks - You mentioned you were worried about your stock tranny on an earlier post and.after looking at your car details and knowing you also said you were running a 150 nitros shot, I assumed you made a good base dyno at or around 220whp without nos...I guess I assumed wrong with your engine and car........So, when I learned mathematics in first grade they taught me that 220whp + a true 150nos = 370whp. Awwww???? I guess your base dyno without nos is like 150whp and that is not good....Am I missing something here????? Either your nos shot is not a true 150, or your motor needs to be fixed because you are severly underpowered...

Teg - If anyone is giving false info out here it is you... Unless you can offer anything positive in regards to the 1uz-fe or 2UZ stock engine capabilities...Then I suggest you do everyone a favor a take a hike and go start crap somewhere else...

I am actually trying to accomplish something here that I think may help many others that don't have thousands of dollars to spend on forged internals for their 1uz's and want to boost the hp's but are afraid too.... like me........

I believe Xirforever made a recent dyno and got 220whp on his sc400....NA motor...no turbo's no nos......

Last edited by jibbby; 05-18-06 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-18-06, 04:16 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Amazing. I post up my dyno sheets and you post that you THINK that you have 400 RWHP and I am the one misleading people?? lol

Of course I am going to call bull**** AGAIN when you say:
"I am still at 400rwhp without failure and this appears to be the most anyone has put out on a stock 1UZ-FE"

Get to the dyno already or stop claiming HP numbers that you THINK you should have.
It's that simple.
Old 05-18-06, 05:22 PM
jibbby

TurboTeg - Oh I see what you are looking at on my 3rd post I said "I am still searching and I am still at 400hp....." I was referring to my findings , that on lextreme a member claimed to have seen a 1uz-fe motor with stock internals make 400rwhp on a dyno that was tuned with larger injectors....I WAS NOT REFERRING TO MY CAR!!!!! I would be extremely lucky to make 350rwhp on a super heated and fully charged 10lb nos bottle and I know that on my car!!!!!

I cannot make and never will make 400rwhp on my car with the stock injectors that I am currently running that peak out at 370rwhp mark..In addition my stock tranny would never hold 400rwhp...and everyone knows that!!!!.There is no way my car will dyno at 400rwhp....Does that clear things up some.... You completely misunderstood my post and you should have read the entire post and not comment on the first sentence....... When you re-read the above post I mention Search and the member Peewee and not me...GET SOME GLASSES!!!!! Read before you bash...please
Attached Thumbnails Hp Capacity 1uz-fe?-hpim0421.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 05-19-06 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-18-06, 06:47 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Ahhhhh it makes sense now. I'm not the only one who confused by your crappy posting abilities. Notice how memphisacc also thought you were posting in the first person.

Your immature insults make you look retarded.

btw I'm not running nos
Old 05-18-06, 07:26 PM
jibbby

Turbo Teg you just now say your not running nos, and your former posts in this thread say you are, who is claiming false info now? Do you have the 150 nos shot or not? ...Also Read, Understand, Comprehend and Learn and then post turboteg and try for once not to be so insultive and you may just make friends and not just enemies that way......Just a suggestion....

Oh and my guess is that Mem. was probably referring to your 400rwhp post comment and not mine.. Maybe he can answer that, I don't think that post was that misleading...and I just think you were waiting for the chance to jump on me, like you have in the past... Now who looks retarded?

As for Mem, true more people that get there 1uz-fe motors to those high hp's usually install forged pistons and rods, etc......Well my point to this thread is to find out if you really need too...I think I have established the fact that you can run 400rwhp tuned well and the engine will hold...That is alot of power 400 RWHP for the 1UZ-FE at stock woundn't you say? ..I am still searching for more info...I am thinking and hoping that Just maybe you can push these stock engines a little farther then most people may think...I think I am proving that point to some extent... Not done yet......
Attached Thumbnails Hp Capacity 1uz-fe?-hpim0419.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 05-19-06 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-18-06, 09:42 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just had to throw this in.... jibby, xir got 217rwhp because he has a 97SC4. It's a different engine than what you have in your 92SC4. 96-97SC4's are OBD2, interference engines with different cams that have higher lift and longer duration, which is why he can get his rwhp rating. 92-95SC4's only dyno 180rwhp stock and 210rwhp at most TUNED. Also even if turboteg is running 150shot, there is always the drivetrain loss factor which accounts for exactly what turboteg got in his dyno's. All I can say is don't compare your car to another's or assume the best numbers from one car to be the same as your own as well. In terms of the thread, check out the supercharger pages from planetsoarer, since most seem to be running boost on stock engines and handling it reliably.
Old 05-19-06, 09:42 AM
jibbby

Lexant - The 97 sc400 motor is not the vvt-i motor and is not that much different fron the earlier model 1uz-fe... Full exhaust change, intake and ecu, I think that a good early model 1uz can possibly hit the 220rwhp mark..... Also I mention a true 150hp nos shot...However, your points are correct and well taken...

Did you know that Cams (kelford) can deliver you up to 45hp more then the stock cams on the 1uz.....

Also a correction on the crank info, the early cranks on the 1UZ-FE are very strong and forged and should hold up longer under power then the stock pistions and rods on the 1uz-fe.....The 2uz-fe crank faiure that was reported was mainly due to the rods failing....Correction on the crank.....

1992 1uz-fe spec's (186 and 250) rated at stock
Attached Thumbnails Hp Capacity 1uz-fe?-hpim0426.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 05-19-06 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-19-06, 11:29 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

What are you going to do when you find this magical number?

So lets say the 1uzfe can "hold" 600 hp, are you going to build to 599 hp?
Old 05-19-06, 12:38 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

jibby, the 96-97 had significant differences to give more power. Higher compression, different cams, different headers (pretty sure on that one), different MAF housing. I agree that the "1st gen" 1uz motors put out a good amount less than the "second gen" (96-97). Plus my car wasnt exactly stock, it had a true CAI and test pipes.
Old 05-19-06, 03:07 PM
jibbby

Xir - your are absolutely correct your motor puts out a little more juice, then earlier models.. all that I am trying to say my friend is I think a good early model IUZ.. motor with all the external goodies should dyno at your numbers.....what do you think?...Xir- you say you have intake and test pipes only... Now I think the headers and all the other exhaust mods that you do not have on your 97sc alone would bring an good early model sc4 to your dyno level....Now let's also consider a piggy back ECU, new and better wiring and tuning...That should surely bring a 1992 sc400 to dyno in comparison to yours...Am I wrong?

memphis - Wow tintied windows get you 160hp is that measured at the crank or at the wheels? I need to get me some of those. tinted windows....thanks...

Verylost - The magical number? What will I do with my car once the approx. number is discovered you ask? Good question?...If I can get an idea from all three forum posts as to what the approx/average. safe maximum RWHP tuned limit is with the 1uzfe stock motors without failure...For one I will have answered a question that no one seems to know...Secondlly, I will boost my nos after my tranny build, injectors, etc.. to that number after installing and give it ago..Why wouldn't I do this, i have gone this far? Just don't want to spend thousands to bore the block, install forgies, for thousands..etc.... That is my plan with this SC400 of mine and then I am done...May also consider the Kelford Cams if I have a good month financially......That is what I am thinking and what I have planned....After that I am done with this SC.. I am sure if I can get my sc at that point it will be as fast as sheeeaattt....That is the final goal.....

Safe number is still at 400-420RWHP....One person dyno'd at 450RWHp but that is only one...Cannot count that yet as 450rwhp being safe not just yet because it was a hear say dyno, but was still encourging..

In doing all this I will then get multiple dyno's on my car during the tuning process, etc... Hopefully I can pull this off right after my tranny build which is under way now....I hope that answers everything.....

I am just about to give up on this thread....just want to try a for another week... I still have not heard of one person blowing the 1uz-fe from good tuned horsepower....I am now more curious then anything.....

New stock 1992 SC400 dyno, no mods....
Attached Thumbnails Hp Capacity 1uz-fe?-hpim0429.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 05-19-06 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-19-06, 03:18 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Jibby: I think people are having issues with your posts beacuse you like to take the best number you see and apply it to your car which is not the way things work. TurboTeg is running nitrous not nos. Nos is a brand that sells nitrous kits. Wouldn't it be easier to just get the car on the dyno for $50 and see what your baseline is and how much you make with your true 150shot instead of guessing?
Old 05-19-06, 04:14 PM
jibbby

If you guys are tired of my posts then don't read....

All I ask for is max hp numbers on the stock !UZ-FE. motor and or actual testimonies..I am not bragging or boasting what my car can do... If I do compare my car it is because my car has that exact engine in it... Secondly, if I took the largest number I see I would be at 450rwhp on my finds and not 400-420rwhp on max hp output...

The Turbo teg thing is a misunderstanding, but I just got sick of his continued crappy attitude from him after I PM'd him and tried to make peace.....Also that big number of 220rwhp was based on the fact that I thoughtturboteg had all the goodies like i do and had a **** poor dyno..... I assumed wrong on his mods, but in my opinion his car is still underpowered without NITROS and needs help.... I have seen several 1uz-fe engines with stock internals and all the outside goodies dyno at 200rwhp + and I used Zir's info as an example even though it is a 97... I think my numbers are accurate, and my averages are calculated... Show me where I am incorrect and I will provide proof... Give me a stock sc400 put exhaust, ecu, and cams and you get that 220rwhp mark, with intake and new wires and fine tuning even more at the dyno...I have been looking at dyno after dyno on all the forums, I think I should know...I wish I knew how to link threads from other forums and again I will show proof....

Why don't you guys stop giving me a hard time and start giving me facts so everyone can gain from it...That's what I think...

Example - Like RDM...did,and he was the biggest help with info on this thread, even got a few wow's ....see now that is constructive posting...XIr and others posted factual statements without insults and what not... I will continue to take the shots from others if the thread remains productive...if not it will die out and I won't even post my final results and finds...I am almost done with this anyway....

I also think we have learned to this point that the 2uzfe stock engine has blown with good tuning at around the 420rwhp mark due to rod failure......To me, that is good info..no?. Now if my posts are offending or confusing I appologise and that is not my intention... However I must admit I am starting to get irritated with a few......Story over...

Last edited by jibbby; 05-19-06 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-29-06, 05:13 PM
jibbby

SC400 HP STOCK HP CAPACITIES....

ENGINE - 420HP - has been achieved and reported but probably 500whp can be achieved with proper tuning and fuel mix...

TRANSMISSION - 300-350WHP - 320whp has blown the tranny as RDM states, but others have pushed 350whp without giving up the ghost...Safe to say 320-350whp on the stock tranny is pushing it....

FUEL INJECTORS - Stock injectors begin to run lean around 370whp....

DRIVESHAFT - 500WHP from my reads.....

FUEL PUMP - 275WHP is when the stock fuel pump starts to max out...that is my guess....

Do you all concure with this info?

Feel free to ad your opinion if you know different...

Last edited by jibbby; 07-29-06 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-29-06, 06:29 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

With proper tuning, I don't see any reason why these motors won't handle much more than 500...

They are tough motors, built very well... maybe one day, when I figure out what I wanna do with a tranny, I'll find out...

Quick Reply: Hp Capacity 1uz-fe?