Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 10:47 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 1jz exhaust question

Hi guys,

I have been searching but with no success have I been able to look for the answer that I am looking for.

My question is this.

Long story short, my custon single exhaust basically got ripped off. I was able to salvage my high flow cat, however I am going to be replacing my exhaust now. I want to go with a more conservative style exhaust, possibly a apex ws or even stock.

What I would like to know is, a. will I need anything extra to put on either? i.e. after I put the cat back on. b. If possible I wouldn't mind putting on a stock sc300 exhaust, although I need to know whether or not it will bolt up with my existing 1jz. I would not mind going this route since it will be considerably cheaper until I get with a single turbo set up where I will be putting on an aftermarket, but that won't be for awhile.

I've got a baby on the way and will be moving around august and the car is currently parked in an underground garage at my apartment complex, hence the reasons for simplicity of putting on the exhaust application in this case(I would prefer not to have to drive my car somewhere with open exhaust and worry about getting pulled over!)

Sorry, I know the questions are a little generalized, but I need some expert opinions as Im just in a somewhat state of panic at the moment. I appreciate the help in advance.

Mike.
Old 05-15-06, 04:58 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

dag bro sorry to hear about your mishap. From what I know you can run the stock exhaust with the 1jz.
Old 05-15-06, 08:37 AM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the stock exhaust. It bolts right up.
Old 05-15-06, 09:22 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
dag bro sorry to hear about your mishap. From what I know you can run the stock exhaust with the 1jz.
thanks man, looks like I should be able to, thanks to SoarerJzz3.

Originally Posted by SoarerJzz3
I'm running the stock exhaust. It bolts right up.
Thanks, are you running stock cat as well?
Old 05-15-06, 09:45 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im running stock exhaust system minus mufflers, its weird, very stock quiet idle, and when i floor it its very quiet, but when i am pulling out somewhere or driving slow and im not on the throttle much its super deep and loud. i wish it was the other way around, time to start modifying....