Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Gas Leak Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-06, 08:14 PM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Leak Mystery

I have a question to all......Have anyone experience SERIOUS GAS LEAKS in their ride? I tried looking for the leak in the rear, the gas lines, filter, and even up front. No leak detected. But when the doors are closed after driving the car or even while I am driving with the sunroof open the GAS SMELL 93 Octane is herendous. My AMP short circuited in the trunk one day, sparked and blew , I thought I was going to die Well I would love to know where to find this leak if anyone has experienced this leak problem.

Last edited by page2two; 04-23-06 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-23-06, 08:56 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

it could just be a gas fume rather than an actual leak since you said you dont see any physical leak..could be an exhaust leak that your inhaling. or something with the gas tank vent system since it is in your backseat...goodluck figuring it out..stop driving high lol
Old 04-23-06, 09:19 PM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by happypanda
it could just be a gas fume rather than an actual leak since you said you dont see any physical leak..could be an exhaust leak that your inhaling. or something with the gas tank vent system since it is in your backseat...goodluck figuring it out..stop driving high lol

Yeah.........I tend to see tunnel vision around 65mph.......

Old 04-24-06, 11:15 AM
cloudnine
Pole Position

Here's something worth checking, if you haven't already. Open the trunk and look behind the trim on the right side, next to the gas filler neck. There is a small plastic hose that runs from the top of the filler neck through the trunk. If this hose has fallen off, any overflow from filling up your tank will end up in the trunk. On my 1992 SC, that hose fell off once and caused my stock amp to drown; I simply secured it in place with a clamp.