Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZGTE / 2JZGTE motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-06, 12:33 AM
LazyAlex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1JZGTE / 2JZGTE motors

question..well i wanna do a motor swap on my 92' sc300 auto..but i cant seem to find the 1JZGTE motor or the 2JZGTE motor for sale anywhere..does anyone know where i can get it? also..
will any of these motor swap pass smog? (i live in CA)..thanks
Old 04-21-06, 02:34 AM
Mwmorph
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ebay is your best bet if you re a private citizen. If you know a mechanic, they might know a screp yard or someplace close to your house ot get 1.

youll want to buy a full front clip(basically half a car) so you can get all the mounts, intercoolers, piping, wiring, ecu to do the swap otherwise it can get expensive. A 1jzgte is much less expensive than a 2jzgte but from my uderstanding, a 2jzgte has forged and thus stronger internals and easier to make huge power.

passing somg in CA is possible but it'd be esaier and probably cheaper just to pay the fine.
Old 04-21-06, 04:35 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

yea 1jzgte clips and motorsets have gotten rare and the prices seem to have gone up
Old 04-21-06, 07:53 AM
kaosman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 1jzgte is much less expensive than a 2jzgte but from my uderstanding, a 2jzgte has forged and thus stronger internals and easier to make huge power.

passing somg in CA is possible but it'd be esaier and probably cheaper just to pay the fine.
A 1JZ-GTE has the same strength internals as the 2JZ. Differences are that the 2JZ has specially coated pistons, sequential turbos, and 500 CC's more displacement. Because neither the J-Spec 1JZ or 2JZ have an EGR system, both engines will fail a smog check. You need to find a "dirty" smog shop. Otherwise save up some money and get the US-Spec 2JZ from a Supra.

Try http://www.gspeedcorp.com. That's where I got my clip. They sell 1Jz Soarer front clips and 2JZ Aristo front clips. When I got mine, they had a bunch of both types.