Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

another day..a step closer to 1jz swap..fixed last problem..NEW PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-06, 08:15 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another day..a step closer to 1jz swap..fixed last problem..NEW PROBLEMS

ok...first of all i want to thank everyone who has helped me step by step get over the problem speed bumps along the way...fixed the starter problem last nite..THANKS KAOSMAN.

one step closer to starting the car but i can across TWO PROBLEMS today.

1) shift linkage seem to be not lining up with the whole for the PARK gear. Its about one gear short of lining up the hole on the linkage to the bolt on the shifter lever. REVERSE is the gear that I can fit the shifter linkage CLOSEST to PARK. anyone go thru this? what you guys do? make new bracket? or what?

2) When I turn on the IGNITION with the key on. (NOT START, JUST IGN "on") the fuel pump goes on which is expected..BUT ....it will not shut off...AND I HEAR HISSING "flowing" sounds in the motor as if its flowing fuel non stop and its flooding it. I HAVENT cranked the motor or started it to be able to see if its really flooding..but it seems like it. I know fuel pumps are not suppose to stay on for that long. Any ideas? Help?

Thanks guys. I know Im posting alot but it will help future swappers use this as troubleshooting guides when they come across similar problems. Thanks in advance for all your help guys.

I think I will go ahead and crank the car newayz since the shifter problem wont affect it, just as long as I have the car in PARK hehe...and we'll see about the fuel pump ON/flowing problem. I'll try that now and come back here. thanks for the reply guys.
Old 04-19-06, 09:19 PM
kaosman
Driver

I'm glad the starter fix worked for ya...was the pin out identical for your auto (pin 8 on CF1)?

The sound you're hearing under the hood is just fuel flowing through the fuel rail and through the return, back to the tank. You are correct that the pump shouldn't be active for any length of time with the ignition on, but engine off. Technically it won't hurt anything, you can still drive the car, just don't get in any accidents.
Old 04-19-06, 09:25 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

alright...new update....the car will not crank now..i guess i have to do all the extra bypass wiring with the alternator wires to teh ecu cabin...b/c when i try to start the car...it clicks as if alternator is dead.....the radio illumination just dies when the key is on..then when released it goes back on...ill try that tomorrow...but for now..i need to fully fab up the fmic piping and once all that is done...ill give my update again tomorrow..i guess ill also make a bracket for the shift lever and linkage...any other suggestions guys?