Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ representing !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 03:44 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1JZ representing !!!

Old 04-11-06, 05:01 PM
Mwmorph
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Imho they destroyed what the SC is all about. Performance but with confort. They shouldve done that to a supra. THe SC caters to people that love perfromance but also want a daily driver. I guess it's too boy racer/riced out for me but then I want a SC for ti's timeless elegance, not to slap on a bodykit and have a ggiant gaping hole to show off my IC. Sleepers will always be better than ricers.

2. Can you even see out of the windshield? wtf look at all those decals!

3. Damn I wish that was a factory color, wonder what the color code for that is.

4. I love the nos cans in the back, now ofly if it actually acted as the nos bottle.
Old 04-11-06, 05:14 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

wow i have to say that is sad for three reasons

1)to ricy to many stickers
2)rear wheel fitmet is awfull
3) and its sad they had to use the same wheels as Ueno.

Overall very uncreative im disapointed

awsome 1jz though
Old 04-11-06, 05:32 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a purposely built show/race car....
stickers are for sponsors
show car is a show car, you see all the cars in SEMA are all riced out cars too...

Some times maybe we should respect people's work more...
every modded car has at least one or more good things in it...
Old 04-11-06, 05:37 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

I personally like how they used NOS energy drink bottles in the truck for traction and if u get tired u can pop one open
Old 04-11-06, 06:33 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mwmorph
1. Imho they destroyed what the SC is all about. Performance but with confort. They shouldve done that to a supra. THe SC caters to people that love perfromance but also want a daily driver. I guess it's too boy racer/riced out for me but then I want a SC for ti's timeless elegance, not to slap on a bodykit and have a ggiant gaping hole to show off my IC. Sleepers will always be better than ricers.

2. Can you even see out of the windshield? wtf look at all those decals!

3. Damn I wish that was a factory color, wonder what the color code for that is.

4. I love the nos cans in the back, now ofly if it actually acted as the nos bottle.
1.how did they destroy it, if it's a purpose built drift/grip car? Why build a supra, when you can build an SC for half the cost?

2.do you really think people would be that dumb to put stickers on their windshield? come on, man, it's a car show. people have sponsors, how else would they show them off?

3.closest thing you can get to that color is RSP from the factory.

4.the cars main sponsor is NOS, and he does have two bottles where the back seats would be.
Old 04-11-06, 06:36 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
wow i have to say that is sad for three reasons

1)to ricy to many stickers
2)rear wheel fitmet is awfull
3) and its sad they had to use the same wheels as Ueno.

Overall very uncreative im disapointed

awsome 1jz though
why is it sad that they used the same wheels? UENO is from Japan, this is a US car. That's like saying. ****ty, he has a origin lab kit, that means no one else shoudl have it or they wont be creative.

Ueno isn't the only one allowed to have those wheels. He used to have GTC's, so does that mean everyone else who has them, are copying off him?
Old 04-11-06, 07:39 PM
LocknRoll
Rookie

i agree with detuned... that car is awesome. its full of stickers becuase the guy has to support his sponsers. id take that car any day of the week.
Old 04-11-06, 07:39 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Thats alot of work,time and money!How can you not respect it?Ya the NAWS stickers are alot but not for a show car that is sponsored by NOS.
Old 04-11-06, 07:49 PM
94SC3005Sp
Driver School Candidate

Default plus

Plus if the guy has sponsers that are paying for a large majority of the mods on his car I don't blame him. The car looks great, the color is great and the NOS drinks have to top it all off.. haha

I wouldn't want to race it if i caught a glimpse of it. Well actually i would even if i lost.

Very nice 1jz by the way.
Old 04-11-06, 08:10 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Default stickerq

Originally Posted by DETUNED
why is it sad that they used the same wheels? UENO is from Japan, this is a US car. That's like saying. ****ty, he has a origin lab kit, that means no one else shoudl have it or they wont be creative.

Ueno isn't the only one allowed to have those wheels. He used to have GTC's, so does that mean everyone else who has them, are copying off him?
thank god they people that commented dont run NASCAR or any other similar org. all the cars would be blank and teams would be brokes

Last edited by 2.5tsoarer; 04-12-06 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-11-06, 10:59 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

I'm with everyone else, nice car... clean swap... what turbo and manifold are those? The funny part is I was planning on painting my SC a similar blue color. I also planned on getting the Origin kit, and of course the frontmount and 1JZ swap (this part is done!) but I could never had seen anything that looks like it. Now that I see it on a car I definately like it...

With the crazy amount of work done to the body of the car, I'm surprised that the sunroof was kept

Last edited by JJG2005; 04-11-06 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-12-06, 03:41 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i agree the car looks sweet, my only issue is has anyone noticed how low the shifter is in the first pic? its literally hiding behind the e-brake.
Old 04-12-06, 04:56 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Car looks good shop is local here I got my rear fenders rolled and pulled up there last summer. To all the haters its a show/race car they don't drive it on the streets so no sleeper status needed.
Old 04-12-06, 05:55 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Default turbo

Originally Posted by JJG2005
I'm with everyone else, nice car... clean swap... what turbo and manifold are those? The funny part is I was planning on painting my SC a similar blue color. I also planned on getting the Origin kit, and of course the frontmount and 1JZ swap (this part is done!) but I could never had seen anything that looks like it. Now that I see it on a car I definately like it...

With the crazy amount of work done to the body of the car, I'm surprised that the sunroof was kept
Looks to me like the complete greddy t67 kit

Quick Reply: 1JZ representing !!!