Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte and 1jzgte stock swap cost in ca?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 01:04 AM
Loveless
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte and 1jzgte stock swap cost in ca?

I am looking into sc300 + 2jzgte swap or 1jzgte swap... not sure whether to buy others' project or build my own so I am trying to gauge the cost

I know the 2jz has 0.4L more displacement but is there any reason other than displacement to get it? if my power goal is 400ish rwhp and that I don't plan to touch the block, is 2jz easier to reach that power than the 1jz?

Assuming that the sc300 I find is a manual, and the swapping motor come with a manual tranny... what kind of cost am I looking at for 1jzgte, 2jzgte swap?

Lastly, is there figment issue? What kind of custom work needs to be done?
Old 03-15-06, 01:06 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Loveless
I am looking into sc300 + 2jzgte swap or 1jzgte swap... not sure whether to buy others' project or build my own so I am trying to gauge the cost

I know the 2jz has 0.4L more displacement but is there any reason other than displacement to get it? if my power goal is 400ish rwhp and that I don't plan to touch the block, is 2jz easier to reach that power than the 1jz?

Assuming that the sc300 I find is a manual, and the swapping motor come with a manual tranny... what kind of cost am I looking at for 1jzgte, 2jzgte swap?

Lastly, is there figment issue? What kind of custom work needs to be done?

maybe youll... spool fraction of a second with the 2jz vs the 1jz. But if you only want 400 rwhp... id save money and stick with the 1jz.
Old 03-15-06, 02:13 AM
Loveless
Driver School Candidate

if you spent all that effort to copy and paste the link of a search button, you could probably spent a little more in answering the question or pointing me to the right direction.

quit treating newbie like they never been on a message board before. My seach didn't yield specific answers I am looking for.
Old 03-15-06, 05:34 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Check the Cali forums also clubna-t and supraforums.
Old 03-15-06, 09:17 AM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

CARB issues with 1jz, not a legal engine in our state
Old 03-15-06, 09:22 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

if you spent all that effort to copy and paste the link of a search button, you could probably spent a little more in answering the question or pointing me to the right direction.

quit treating newbie like they never been on a message board before. My seach didn't yield specific answers I am looking for.
Because you didn't even try to use correct key words to search.
Anyways, if you are just going for 400rwhp no-problem. Why not just go na-t?

judging by the fact that you're asking for prices and that you cannot search worth a mary.
na-t 6k
2jzgte, 10k
1jzgte, 5k
Old 03-15-06, 09:56 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

for 400RWHP I'd spend about $3000-$6000 on an NA-T setup. Or if you want a more powerful motor that is even more fun to drive I'd get spend about $8000 + for the full GTE and GETRAG swap. Then get it Bar'd with the State Referee, then go nuts with it until your car turns blue. Ive seen motors go for about $3000. The transmissions are like $3000 + also. Just depends on where you find them.
Old 03-15-06, 03:33 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Because you didn't even try to use correct key words to search.
Anyways, if you are just going for 400rwhp no-problem. Why not just go na-t?

judging by the fact that you're asking for prices and that you cannot search worth a mary.
na-t 6k
2jzgte, 10k
1jzgte, 5k
Well said . You are right on the dot with pricing Calvin. If you are in SoCal check with sparks racing and tell them you know James. They can hook you up a bit. But still expect to pay around 10K if you want a 2jz with 400rwhp upgrade. Good luck.
Old 03-15-06, 03:41 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

400whp can be had with ur stock engine.

good luck finding a 2jzgte or a 1jzgte with a manuel tranny.

custom work will be needed if you use the 6 speed. and if u cant find a soarer r154 u will have to do a lil work for the mk3 r154.

but searching is the only way to find answers about this topic. it has been gone over many times.
Old 03-15-06, 06:51 PM
kaosman
Driver

I went the 1JZ route, due to the price and ease of installation. Total cost, including new ACT clutch, fluids, etc...was about $2300. That was with me installing it, so you'll have to factor in a higher number if you're gonna have a shop do it. Only thing difficult about it is extending the wires and that's not even that bad. Other than that, the 1JZ from a Soarer is a direct drop in.
Old 03-16-06, 11:22 PM
Loveless
Driver School Candidate

the 400rwhp is just a staring goal, maybe more in the future, who knows. Right now I drive a sr20det swapped vehicle, around 280rhwp but it was such a regret not paying an extra 1000 to 2000 to get RB motor

This time I am going to get an inline 6, TT motor one way or the other. I been reading on this forum and on one of the supra foum a bit, there seems to be figment issue with various engine to tranny and its related driveshaft/rear diff so I am currently leaning toward buying others' project.
Old 03-17-06, 01:29 AM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

the 400rwhp is just a staring goal, maybe more in the future, who knows. Right now I drive a sr20det swapped vehicle, around 280rhwp but it was such a regret not paying an extra 1000 to 2000 to get RB motor

This time I am going to get an inline 6, TT motor one way or the other. I been reading on this forum and on one of the supra foum a bit, there seems to be figment issue with various engine to tranny and its related driveshaft/rear diff so I am currently leaning toward buying others' project.

where abouts in ca are you?
Old 03-17-06, 09:28 AM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Thumbs up

I am in Florida, and I charge flat $5000 to swap 2JZ-GTE into the SC300 5-speed.

$5000 includes:

Complete 2JZ-GTE TT motor
2JZ-GTE to SC300 harness wiring
TT ECU
TT Walbro fuel pump
TT Motor mounts
3-row FMIC with piping
Boost gauge
Downpipe
and LABOR

I reuse your tranny/flywheel/clutch, or you can supply new/upgraded fw/clutch. All new filters/fluids supplied too. Also, I will install any boltons you supply (within reason) at the same time at no extra charge. This includes rims, TT brakes, suspension, etc.

Everything will work like stock (instrument panel, A/C, etc).

Motor is full JDM ceramic turbos, MAP sensor, smaller cams

I have references. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by MONSTER; 03-17-06 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-17-06, 09:44 AM
dainese954
Driver

dahm where the F were u 6 months ago dahm thats a steal i spent 9 grand on parts lone doing the swap with david on supraforums & my self and missing about 10 days of work. bro thats a Fing steal i had a 95 na supra
Old 03-17-06, 09:51 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

how much for your soarer R154, curious for reference. . .

Quick Reply: 2jzgte and 1jzgte stock swap cost in ca?