Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fastest 1/4 mile time - SC400 only

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 12:46 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I just re-read this....So RDM you planning to give up on your stock built SC4 auto tranny and changing to the Getrag 6 speed..That change alone will get you into the low 12's.....That is not fair....that's cheating......

Ryan - Can't wait to see what your car can do....You have been building it up for days now....what a project....You should be thrilled once it is out and running...July 2 sounds good....
It's not planning. It's more or less already on.

Chris
Old 06-18-06, 01:39 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nasc300
11 days later
And the result were ???????????????///
TurboTeg said July 7th, not June 7th. We've still got some time before he runs.
Old 06-18-06, 07:41 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Thank you.
Wish I could get out sooner but that is the next street legal date at the track near me. Its called Mission Raceway in BC Canada and is basically at sea level
The hardest part is going to be shifting. I don't want to put it in D and go because its too slow. But manually shifting it likes to hit the limiter, even if I move the shifter at 3500 rpm ! I'll try both ways and see what happens. Bottle is full so it should be fun. Tires won't be the greatest for drag though. 350z rims with some 245/40/18 Dunlop Sport SP8080 that are basically new.

Lots of switches to remember ha

PWR on
TRAC off
OD off
Bottle open
Nitrous armed
Bottle warmer on
Old 06-19-06, 12:27 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
It's not planning. It's more or less already on.

Chris

Hey RDM, Chris and the boys...why don't you guys be good sports and ship me out that built up Stock SC400 tranny that is just going to end up cluttering the shop or garage?... I could sure use a spare built SC4 tranny.... I always did like high performance left over parts at a good price....

They say one mans trash is another mans treasure....
Old 07-08-06, 05:45 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Just got back from Mission Raceway.

I got 3 runs in.

First run traction control was on accidently and I spun pretty badly and TRAC came on. Second run I didn't realize I was spinning halfway down the track! I need to pay more attention haha Both very slow times.

3rd run I started off slowly and then punched it once I had traction.
60 ft 2.539 haha
1/4 14.599
MPH 102.37

With full interior and me inside my SC400 weighed in at 3850 lbs.
K&N Filter, cut out air box
Apexi Hybrid Megaphone 2.25" dual exhaust (cat back)
Nitrous Express wet kit, 150 shot, bottle warmer
18x8 350Z touring wheels with 245/40/18 SP8080

If I was to continue drag racing, I would want drag radials, LSD, torque convertor, built tranny etc Oh and a progressive nitrous controller too ! Otherwise I'm happy with the time.

Last edited by AME_VIP; 07-09-06 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-08-06, 05:55 PM
jibbby

Originally Posted by TurboTeg

I got 3 runs in.

First run traction control was on accidently and I spun pretty badly and TRAC came on. Second run I didn't realize I was spinning halfway down the track! I need to pay more attention haha Both very slow times.

60 ft 2.539 haha
1/4 14.599
MPH 102.37

If I was to continue drag racing, I would want drag radials, LSD, torque convertor, built tranny etc Oh and a progressive nitrous controller too ! Otherwise I'm happy with the time.
Just the two little upgrades may allow your car to drop a full second in the quarter.....(T.Q, LSD) and upping the tranny line pressure may help some too...Building up your stock tranny gets more costly then I think it is worth..I just went thru that one..... But to each his own..
Old 07-08-06, 09:50 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

I agree. I think a high 13 second is attainable with those mods. I'm not sure I really want to spend more money on it though. I may just enjoy it as the daily driver it is.

Oh btw I raced an imported Soarer as well. Supposedly the first one legally imported into Canada. 5spd 1JZ with exhaust, intake and boost controller. It was his first time out and his best was 14.8 on street tires. I'll post some pics soon maybe video too
Old 07-08-06, 10:20 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TurboTeg

I got 3 runs in.

60 ft 2.539 haha
1/4 14.599
MPH 102.37

Turboteg,
Do you recall your stock times? Also, could you list what mods you have? I can't recall if you are doing a 100 or a 150 shot. Also, are you spraying off the line?

Your trap speed gives me some hope.
Old 07-09-06, 07:20 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

I edited my post to include the mods I have above. Yes I was spraying off the line. A progressive nitrous controller would help me a lot.

Sorry I don't have any stock times. This is my first time at the track with the car.
I'm putting down about 320whp. I dynoed at 300whp before the full exhaust.

Some pics of my car and the Soarer I raced at the track. He added all the CF parts. He has a full Vertex wideboy coming from speedalliance.com and some spare Vertex front fenders he is looking to sell.

Old 07-09-06, 08:41 PM
jibbby

Turboteg - Can you explain to me why you would benefit from running a progressive Nitrous shot when you are still running on your stock torque converter? Is traction really a problem for you off the line?... Oh, I forgot you do not have an LSD either...Sorry, one wheel burnouts with your nitrous shot are very conceiveable... An LSD would do you right for traction... I would say if your burning rubber from a launch maybe a torque converter wouldn't make that big of difference....Remember with a upgraded torque converter you will lose some top end for sure,..so if your breaking loose out of the blocks with the stock converter an upgraded one will maybe make it worse for you.. An LSD should be your next mod...Get a used Supra TT automatic Torsen LSD off a 1993 and up model...I found mine at the yards for $500....They bolt right up and lower your gear ratio slightly to make your car even faster.....
Old 07-10-06, 09:54 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

$500 ... that is an amazing deal. MKIV supra's and SC's are extremely rare to find in a junkyard here in Canada. There was only a small amount sold compared to the US and nearly all get repaired when there is damage.

I was able to smoke both tires without a problem believe it or not ! A friend has some RX7 16x8 with MT 255 drag radials. I'm tempted to pick those up and see how it goes next time. Maybe then I can spray off the line and give it full throttle.
Old 07-10-06, 10:37 AM
jibbby

Can you burn rubber from a dead stop with the stock torque converter while riding the nos???? I know you can break loose in mid first gear range and so on... How about from a launch?

In regards to finding a Supra lsd, keep on the Supra forums, and inquire your **** off, keep an eye on Ebay, and call yards in the US and have it shipped to you, most yards will do that for you if you pay for shipping... Doing that and staying persistant you will find a used one for maybe even cheaper then $500......I found mne in one day complere with pumkin and all.......

Last edited by jibbby; 07-10-06 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-11-06, 03:30 PM
400LEX
Driver School Candidate

hey cip.... how do u only run a 13.1 quarter with 510 rwhp?. Is ur car seriously weighed down or something? The 00 SC4's ran high 14's with only 290 flywheel horses
Old 07-17-06, 09:11 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

WOW, this thread has really blown up. Good.

Jibby, I notice you have the S&S headers, what route did you take to connect the those headers(designed for 98+) to your 92 exhaust?
Old 07-17-06, 07:08 PM
jibbby

Originally Posted by SC4Hundo
WOW, this thread has really blown up. Good.

Jibby, I notice you have the S&S headers, what route did you take to connect the those headers(designed for 98+) to your 92 exhaust?
The S@S Headers were easier then I thought when I finally figured out what I wanted to do....The big problem for me was to delete or not delete the EGR system which has a direct effect on the headers being installed...... Being in Cali I did not want major smog emission problems with deleting the EGR system. Even though I have a shady smog station to get my car passing smog illegally...I still chose to do the ethical and envirnmently friendly thing and keep the EGR system intact. I did this by removing the EGR flange from the stock headers/manifold and remounting it on the down pipes....That transfer was a complete sucess.., The S@S headers came with gaskets and bolts and everything bolted right up...The driver side header is hard to get swapped in, but can be done without removing the engine or chasis parts... However the exhaust hung to low and the down pipes needed to be shortened..These SC400 S&S headers are really made for the GS400 and not SC400's as advertised and there is a slight difference between the two cars stock exhaust setup.......The downpipe shortening is an easy alteration that any exhaust shop should be able to do....That is it... Fast and loud is the result...I need to install two more high flowing resonators to keep this a nice and some what quite ride..... Nice power gains and a little weight reduction with the new headers....Got to give it a .

I should be laying down somewhere between 300-350whp with that recent mod addition and my track times should be in the mid to low 13's hopefully...High 12's would be a dream but who knows?...My car really bolts now from 0 - 80mph and is the fastest it has ever been...... Going to the track to verify my guesses this coming weekend hopefully...Just got my car out of the shop and this heap of mine is ready to race.........What was cool about the header install is that it is raw engine power, and this mod is now making my car reasonably fast even without the use of nos.... I am not so eager and willing to hit the nos now when racing average sports cars... That is what I liked most.... I only wrote this last paragraph because of the title to this thread....
Attached Thumbnails Fastest 1/4 mile time - SC400 only-picture-122.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 07-17-06 at 07:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Fastest 1/4 mile time - SC400 only