Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

my SC is ready for Kevorkian

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 09:11 PM
Skins SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my SC is ready for Kevorkian

OK, i bought my 1993 SC 300 in April of 2003 with a little over 100K. In July of that year I took my car to Level 10 in NJ and had them put in their rebuilt tranny and their torque converter because i wanted to put a turbo on my car in the long run. In September of the same year, my car died while i was driving from DC to Tampa (in the middle of nowhere in south carolina...). I had to get a new alternator. After that it was fine. In January of 2005 my license got suspended for a year so i wasn't able to drive. My car didn't get started every day. When i did start it, it would never hold power and often die if i tried to put it in gear. in december i had to get another battery then a week ago i had to get another alternator and battery - guess what; it's starting to die again a week after getting my 2nd alternator and 3rd battery.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Is my SC going to die due to me not driving it? Is it like a horse with a broken leg and i need to take it to the back and shoot it? How can i salvage my SC from its impending demise?

Seriously, i would like to fix it and put my turbo on - finally. I just don't want to deal with the car dying all the time and buying alternators every other week.
Old 02-04-06, 12:28 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check all of your cables and connectors for your battery and your alternator. They are a common failure on the SC's.
Do a quick search on the subject and you will find quite a few instances of this type of problem.
Good Luck.

gadgetSC-t
Old 02-04-06, 12:37 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What I'd like to know is what you did to get your license suspended for a year!

And how long do you think it will remain unsuspended with a turbo under your hood?
Old 02-04-06, 01:27 AM
Skins SC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
What I'd like to know is what you did to get your license suspended for a year!

And how long do you think it will remain unsuspended with a turbo under your hood?

i was doing 80 on Albemarle between connecticut avenue and wisconsin avenue in DC at 4 am on the day of bush's inaugaration. I got stopped by the US Capitol Police and arrested at gunpoint. They said i was fleeing; being that he was sitting a quarter mile from my garage when he clocked me, i found that hard to believe and so did the DA. The only thing that stuck was the reckless driving which gave me too many points, yada, yada, yada.

As far as how long i'll have it back, only fate will tell; but i'm not going to be doing 80 in a 25 anymore...ok i lied
Old 02-05-06, 02:17 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Skins SC
i was doing 80 on Albemarle between connecticut avenue and wisconsin avenue in DC at 4 am on the day of bush's inaugaration. I got stopped by the US Capitol Police and arrested at gunpoint. They said i was fleeing; being that he was sitting a quarter mile from my garage when he clocked me, i found that hard to believe and so did the DA. The only thing that stuck was the reckless driving which gave me too many points, yada, yada, yada.

As far as how long i'll have it back, only fate will tell; but i'm not going to be doing 80 in a 25 anymore...ok i lied
You so should of gotten a lawyer.

Thats crazy area to speed on though.. I remeber washington DC being a rather congested area to be in. And the roads were SO crappy! I still have bady memories about connecticut avenue since that Is where I had my first purchased car a S14 totaled.

Although then at the time of all my living there I only drove there for a month..