Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My project plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-06, 11:45 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My project plans

Well recently I purchased a 1992 SC400 and I love it. Thanks to all of you guys on here I was able to help the wife understand why I loved these cars so much. Anyway, I have some plans gathered on what I am going to do to it. Hopefully I am understanding everthing I have read.

I am planning on doing the not so common swap route. I know it will be a little more dificult than an SC3 but I am willing to try. I have decided to go with the 1JZGTE after read Chino's posts and seeing his videos/Pictures. It looks to be a solid motor and can produce great levels of power. Also it seems to be alot cheaper than the 2JZ. The other reason I decided to do this swap was because I can purchase an entire Soarer front clip that has everything I would need to accomplish this task. Now hopefully I have understood everything I need.

First is the front clip which I think I am going to be able to find a Manual one. I know they are kinda rare so hopefully I can find one. If not I am already use to the Auto anyway.

I need to extend the harness about 21-24 in. and repin the dash so it is functional.
I need to do all the maintanence stuff also like water pump, oil pump, timing belt, etc.....
I probably will do a FMIC, Radiator, fans, hardpipes, Exhaust, Boostcontroller, Turbotimer, BOV and DP. Just to add a little more fun to the project.
I also believe I need an 2JZ throttle cable.

Now what I think I have read is that my driveshaft or rearend is to weak or maybe not as good as the SC3? I dunno if this is correct or not. Also, does the Soarer have big better brakes than my car? If so is the offset of my SC4 wheels ok or not? Is there any other wiring I need to do to make it work? What else should I consider other than it is an SC4 as far as the swap goes. What do I use to retain my A/C on my car?

So there you have it nothing all that exciting just another swap in an SC. This is probably going down end of summer maybe early fall. So I have alittle more time to plan.

Thanks ahead of time and if there is anything I missed in my search just post a link or something.

Oh yeah one more question. Should I go Dual or single exhaust?

Last edited by 4urxtc; 01-10-06 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-11-06, 10:29 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Come on someone has to have some more info
Old 01-11-06, 10:40 AM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Go with the ls400 brake upgrade. Yes, manual Soarer clips are few and far between. Best bet is to buy and auto clip and source a manual elsewhere.
Old 01-11-06, 08:41 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SoarerJzz3
Go with the ls400 brake upgrade. Yes, manual Soarer clips are few and far between. Best bet is to buy and auto clip and source a manual elsewhere.
Thanks I will look into the LS400 brakes.