Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Putting on my Magnaflow 14829 mufflers with all new piping.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-06, 12:17 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Putting on my Magnaflow 14829 mufflers with all new piping.....

Do i keep the cats or get rid of them?? I also have the magnaflow "X" pipe as well that is going on. Should i put just straight pipe all the way to the X pipe and then pipe athe magna flows?? Or do i need a cat?! I might be getting this done tomorrow so i need to know as soon as i can. Please let me know. Thanks, Dan.
Old 01-03-06, 03:01 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Pk....if figured out that taking the cats off would be pretty hard and unneccissary!! So i am taking of all the resonators....will this to be to loud??
Old 01-03-06, 03:05 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

no. i got rid of my res. when i put on the magnaflows, sounds just fine and still no droning on the highway.
Old 01-03-06, 03:07 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RaynArt
no. i got rid of my res. when i put on the magnaflows, sounds just fine and still no droning on the highway.

Cool. Thanks a lot man. I have heard people say that the SC400 has a different sound then other V-8's. Is this true?? I have found some exhaust clips but they were not that good. Mine right now with stock exhaust sounds awesome from the outside when you hammer on it?!
Old 01-03-06, 03:13 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Another quick question....in this picture attached he shows (3) cats! I just looked under my car yesterday at a shop and i don't have (3) cats i have (3) resonators?! Whats with that?? I mean i have the (2) straight through cats at the end of the manifolds or whatever but the one in the middle is not a cat on mine its another resonator!!
Attached Thumbnails Putting on my Magnaflow 14829 mufflers with all new piping.....-1.jpg  
Old 01-04-06, 04:17 PM
AzSc4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah thats a 3rd resonator not a cat, the only cars that have a 3rd cat are california cars i believe. i have the same set up on my car. i have the magnaflows, 2.25" pipes, x pipe, and all three resonators removed and to tell you the truth i dont think its loud at all, and no drone.
Old 01-04-06, 04:31 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe the SC400's exhaust note is unique because of the small displacement V8. Similar to the reaon F1 cars sound so amazing. Small displacement, many cylinders.

But then again, I could be wrong.
Old 01-04-06, 05:15 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet!! Thanks for all the input guys!! I was worried my car would sound to loud or i wouldnt like it. But thanks to you guys all my worries are gone!! I am getting them put on friday!!
Old 01-10-06, 09:05 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Ok....i got them installed and i am REALLY happy!! At idle it sounds almost stock and then when i get on it...it sounds awesome!! I love it. I am hoping to post a nice sound clip sometime. I have yet to hear a decent sound clip of this exhaust so i will post a nice video of it!! And maybe some pics as well!! Thanks for all your input guys. And one more question....how does the race series sound? The 14851's!?!? J/W!!
Old 01-10-06, 11:20 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

sweet man..get those pics up..im interested in those mufflers too.. i was thinkin of gettin the 14827 tho...its the same jus single wall tip not double wall like 14829..cant wait to hear it..
Old 01-10-06, 11:44 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by modaoreoho
sweet man..get those pics up..im interested in those mufflers too.. i was thinkin of gettin the 14827 tho...its the same jus single wall tip not double wall like 14829..cant wait to hear it..

I seen the ones you wanna get and they ok but the 14829's still keep the classy look. The ones you want give it a more of a hot rod look?! Just my opinion?! But whatever one you get you will not be disappointed. Make sure you get the street series though..i heard the race series do not sound as good?!
Old 01-10-06, 11:56 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1badceli
I seen the ones you wanna get and they ok but the 14829's still keep the classy look. The ones you want give it a more of a hot rod look?! Just my opinion?! But whatever one you get you will not be disappointed. Make sure you get the street series though..i heard the race series do not sound as good?!
yeah..maybe ill get em and then we can put the pics of the rear end side by side..the only diff is the tip is a lil skinnier due to the fact that its single and not double walled..i kinda see what your sayin..if anyone has the 14827's..post a pic...not tryin to hijack your thread..sorry

EDIT : Found pic after a lil search. Not the best pic but maybe give you an idea..these are 14827's

Last edited by PsiQo1; 01-11-06 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-11-06, 12:25 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by modaoreoho
yeah..maybe ill get em and then we can put the pics of the rear end side by side..the only diff is the tip is a lil skinnier due to the fact that its single and not double walled..i kinda see what your sayin..if anyone has the 14827's..post a pic...not tryin to hijack your thread..sorry

EDIT : Found pic after a lil search. Not the best pic but maybe give you an idea..these are 14827's

Yea they look pretty nice but notice how they give it that hot rod look? Like my tips stay shinny all the time and i have had those mufflers before on another car and they do not stay as clean and they look more beefy and not so much a stock look?! But to each is own man...do what you want and what will make you happy. I will post pics tomorrow of mine!! And no worries on you hi-jacking my thread...thats what this thread is kinda for anyways?! Keep checking back here tomorrow for pics of mine.
Old 01-11-06, 12:30 AM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1badceli
Yea they look pretty nice but notice how they give it that hot rod look? Like my tips stay shinny all the time and i have had those mufflers before on another car and they do not stay as clean and they look more beefy and not so much a stock look?! But to each is own man...do what you want and what will make you happy. I will post pics tomorrow of mine!! And no worries on you hi-jacking my thread...thats what this thread is kinda for anyways?! Keep checking back here tomorrow for pics of mine.
will do..lol..i dont want high maint. mufflers..its enough work maint. the rest of the car to try to maint. one more thing is no fun...hahaha..well maybe if i see em in person..i will go to my local muffler shop and take a looksie