Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte parts....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 09:30 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte parts....

Whats up everyone !Id like to know if any of you know of some websites that carry parts for the 1j?I searched and have found a few(manictech,suprastore..)But just wondering if you know of some....thanks!
Old 11-27-05, 10:36 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

becides manifolds, and a few sensors, most everything from a 2jzgte works
Old 11-27-05, 11:09 AM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

try supraforums, they have a seperate section for the 1jz new/used parts & wtb.
Old 11-27-05, 02:53 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

right on thanks guys~
Old 11-27-05, 08:14 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anything in particular you are looking for?
Old 11-28-05, 03:40 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Well my plans are to do exhaust,dp,y pipe,cams,etc then go big single.So i was just wondering where some good sites for the basics were?And another question,would it be pointless to port out the stock turbos?Or if its possible at all,i just know a guy who did it to his srt4 and saw pretty good results...
Old 11-28-05, 03:55 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by atekt
Well my plans are to do exhaust,dp,y pipe,cams,etc then go big single.So i was just wondering where some good sites for the basics were?And another question,would it be pointless to port out the stock turbos?Or if its possible at all,i just know a guy who did it to his srt4 and saw pretty good results...
My opinion is to save $$$ and go single right off the bat, because those mods you listed would cost you over $3000. You can go single with all supporting mods for far less. BUT, u can get y-pipe off here or supra forums, some ppl make em, cams are either HK$, or custom machine'd crowers, DP = custom made, exhaust = custom made or pre-made catback system with a custom test pipe. Our CT12A turbo's are very sensitive, i wouldnt touch them.. all you need is ceremic blades being sucked in your engine, is it worth it for 5hp?
Old 11-28-05, 06:08 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

what do you mean right off the bat?I was planning on doing exhaust mods then big single.But isnt it pointless to run a big single on stock fuel?

Last edited by atekt; 11-28-05 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-28-05, 06:23 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

But about my exhaust mods they all would be custom made most likely...
Old 11-29-05, 07:35 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

porting can work on some car but, as a general rule it is veiwed as just postponing the inevitable(bigger turbos) also i doubt the ceramic compressor wheels would like that tooo much. i would suggest looking over on planetsoarer.com they have a whole link devoted to swaping bigger turbos out of other toyotas onto the 1jz. if nothing else it is realy interesting. and as far as the exaust any one for the SC sould just bolt up. i believe there is no difference except in the DP and y-pipe. planet soarer also has a link to a very popular y-pipe manufacturer in AUS. and from what ive seen most of their 300+HP 1jz are all running that DP. good luck on the parts hunt, and please put up dyno #'s after you mod.
Old 11-29-05, 09:59 AM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

anyone know where i can get a drive belt? mine looks pretty worn...
Old 11-29-05, 10:10 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

hey thanks alot ATL that helps a ton!
Old 11-29-05, 11:20 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

hey thanks alot ATL that helps a ton!
hey no problem man. and if you find any places that have some cool parts cheap put up a post, because im always looking too. my motor is coming in some time in Jan so im already on the parts hunt.
Old 11-29-05, 11:40 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
My opinion is to save $$$ and go single right off the bat, because those mods you listed would cost you over $3000. You can go single with all supporting mods for far less. BUT, u can get y-pipe off here or supra forums, some ppl make em, cams are either HK$, or custom machine'd crowers, DP = custom made, exhaust = custom made or pre-made catback system with a custom test pipe. Our CT12A turbo's are very sensitive, i wouldnt touch them.. all you need is ceremic blades being sucked in your engine, is it worth it for 5hp?

Old 11-29-05, 11:24 PM
brazilian
Driver School Candidate

hey im new to this does the 1jz have 8 cylinders or is it just a souped up 4 or 6?

Quick Reply: 1jzgte parts....