Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

for all of you who believed that stupid 1.5jz would work

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 08:20 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink for all of you who believed that stupid 1.5jz would work

here is a new site for all of you who though it could work and knew someone had to have done it.
http://www.jza70.com/500rwhp_home.html
the second guy on the list suposedly has a 1.5jz
i have not compleatly searched the site looking for its creadability, so i will not make any claims or back it up. just tossing this one out there for you guys to think about.
and the fact that it has a dyno sheet is knid of cool.(once again i have no clue if this is true, but it looks good)
Old 11-08-05, 08:37 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

that dyno chart looks nasty, like i dont want it nasty. Look at the normal 1JZ chart, sooo smoooothhhhh. Whats the point of that extra power if your power/torque curve looks like a heart monitor? The normal 1JZGTE torque/power curve looks like a normal V8 curve, so smooth and good power delivery thruout the RPM range, very useable.
Old 11-08-05, 08:44 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
here is a new site for all of you who though it could work and knew someone had to have done it.
http://www.jza70.com/500rwhp_home.html
the second guy on the list suposedly has a 1.5jz
i have not compleatly searched the site looking for its creadability, so i will not make any claims or back it up. just tossing this one out there for you guys to think about.
and the fact that it has a dyno sheet is knid of cool.(once again i have no clue if this is true, but it looks good)

I'm confused here. Who questioned the feasability of the 1.5? The only question I recall seeing here fairly recently was a mix of the GTE & GE engines.
Old 11-08-05, 08:51 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Yeah, i had the idea why not just use the GE engine with a headgasket since 99% of us that swap have their GE engines they take out.. and i got flamed for it with ppl saying it wont work.. when actually... that combo has been done longer then most ppl here owned their SC's... in austrailia
Old 11-08-05, 09:37 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

thanks for the link.

The 1.5jz has been proven. There are a handful of individuals running the 1.5jz set up here in the states, not to mention alot in asia & australia, so I was just curious as to where any disbelief or questionability of it may have sprung up from?
Old 11-08-05, 10:39 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Orin Bivens is on Supra Forums.... his car is in Texas every year for the nationals.
Old 11-08-05, 10:43 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

maybe it was me who missread some posts. the confusion as i understood it comes from the actual compatability of the parts not if they fit. things like what the power band would actally look like, if the motor would run outof flow in the top end because of the c12a's, obviously that is a null point considering this guy is using another turbo. but really i've seen a lot of threads and alot of questions asking who has actualy done the swap, and this is the first time i personaly have seen a dyno chart of the 1.5 and an actual name to go with it. not just some australian guy, or it theoreticly could make...... not say it hasn't been done just the first time ive seen something more solid. and from what ive read no one on this forum has done it ye (correct me if im wrong) so i just wanted to get all the info i find out there. and to hear opinions of the power curve.
Old 11-08-05, 10:48 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
Orin Bivens is on Supra Forums.... his car is in Texas every year for the nationals.
cool does he have any dyno charts, or picks of the car.
im not planing to ever attempt the 1.5 myself. but there has been a couple threads about it so just trying to get more info out for you guys.
Old 11-08-05, 11:35 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

The only info we really don't have is results......... everything up until the results is proven. There are no questions to ask......... only records to make.
Old 11-08-05, 11:45 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
The only info we really don't have is results......... everything up until the results is proven. There are no questions to ask......... only records to make.
well ill admit then that iwas wrong . but there are some results and lets get on with the records
Old 11-08-05, 11:48 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
well ill admit then that iwas wrong . but there are some results and lets get on with the records
I'm getting to it....
Old 11-08-05, 11:59 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

ppl tried to tell me a 2JZGE with a 1JZGTE head wouldnt work a month or 2 ago... kinda funny since the blocks are almost identical, and to save money, GE's with headgaskets have been proven to hold up over 700hp. Everyone who motorswaps in a 1JZ has their 1.5JZ ready to go sitting in their garage.. all you need is a headgasket, timing belt.
Old 11-08-05, 01:36 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
ppl tried to tell me a 2JZGE with a 1JZGTE head wouldnt work a month or 2 ago... kinda funny since the blocks are almost identical, and to save money, GE's with headgaskets have been proven to hold up over 700hp. Everyone who motorswaps in a 1JZ has their 1.5JZ ready to go sitting in their garage.. all you need is a headgasket, timing belt.
yeah, but within reason a 1.5 is a lot more work than just slapping on a new head and away you go. most people who take on the 1.5 journey give up before they finish. There's an MKIII guy on SF who's building up a Built 1.5j from the ground up. He just got his block back and it looks beautiful.

One thing with swapping the block out is you still need 1j electronics. I say, why not keep your block and build it up if you have future dreams of a 1.5j that way you won't have to worry about blowing it on some random chance and use you perfectly fine 1j in the mean time. Why mess up a good thing?
Old 11-08-05, 01:39 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I like my 1JZGTE 2.5 liter, sounds way better then a 2gte
Old 11-08-05, 01:40 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

I personally really like the 1j sound , just need to get one of my own now