Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I need info on the sc300 swap - didn't search.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-05, 10:53 PM
240killer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question in a bad jam need help

ok i'm from kansas city,mo where 240's run **** out here and i dont know what to do but i love the sc300 but all my friends all have 240's and i dont want to be like them and i need help cause this guy has a sc300 that i'm going to buy and it is at.

but what i need help with is if i do buy it how can i turn it to a 5 speed and i was on some site that had a sc300 with a super tt swap done to it . Me been from the midwest where can i go to get the motor then do the swap and what price will i be looking at to get this all done . cause my friends are makeing fun of me cause i mite be puting more money in to this car then they did there 240's just to get it to a 5speed and the swap. So if any one out there reading this help me put them in there place
Old 10-09-05, 11:31 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Forced Induction, Engine and Transmission Section you should find most of tha info there.

Last edited by $C300; 10-09-05 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-09-05, 11:34 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

for sum reson it posted twice
Old 10-10-05, 12:54 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

first of ur posting in the wrong place.

second please search

third... auto to stick swaps cost the same in any car. getting a soarer front clip cost hell of a lot less then a s14 clip(and u get a more powerful engine). the swaps are easier and cost less. y dont u find a 5-speed SC300 so u dont have to worry about a conversion.

or u can turbo the stock 2jz and be alot faster then ur 240 friends. who cares if its an auto. im pretty sure u can find autos here and on supraforums that will own pretty much any 240 u throw at them.
Old 10-10-05, 01:48 AM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 240killer
ok i'm from kansas city,mo where 240's run **** out here and i dont know what to do but i love the sc300 but all my friends all have 240's and i dont want to be like them and i need help cause this guy has a sc300 that i'm going to buy and it is at.

but what i need help with is if i do buy it how can i turn it to a 5 speed and i was on some site that had a sc300 with a super tt swap done to it . Me been from the midwest where can i go to get the motor then do the swap and what price will i be looking at to get this all done . cause my friends are makeing fun of me cause i mite be puting more money in to this car then they did there 240's just to get it to a 5speed and the swap. So if any one out there reading this help me put them in there place
Use the Search function. I can guarantee any and all of your relevant questions about the SC300 will be answered by reading/searching for threads found on these foruims. If you somehow don't find an answer for a particular question, then post.

To answer your question though:

For the Price of a 2JZ-GTE w/ a 6 speed tranny, and extra parts for a conversion from auto to a manual, the parts alone would probably equal around 6,000$ or more. An automatic 2JZ-GTE out of an Aristo is about 3500$ give or take. Add alot more to those prices if you pay someone else to install it. It's a very stout, reliable engine with TONS of potential and it's worth the price if you can afford it.

Since you want a manual, your best bet is to find a 5 speed SC300 instead of getting an automatic converted to a manual. The 5 speed models were made from 1992 to 1997. They are pretty rare. Be patient and you will find one. Seems like the majority of them are in Florida

Since obviously you want to blow the doors off your 240 'friends' , your options (as far as turbocharging goes) are:

A.= Turbocharge the factory 2JZ-GE engine with a kit for around 4,500$(FMAX, BoostLogic, DaveH)

B = Piece together your own budget Turbo kit for about 3,000$

C = Get a 1JZ-GTE front clip, for about around 2500$.

D = Get a 2JZ-GTE... as mentioned above

Each of these options are very reasonable and will turn a Lexus into a monster, whether its automatic or manual. Of course if you don't do the labor yourself, you can take at least another grand on top of those prices. If you have any questions about any of that information refer to my first paragraph. The search button is your friend. If you were a baby, it would be your breast milk.

Oh, and If you want them to stop making fun of you, you could always punch them in the face. That seems to work. Just make sure you have a good getaway car. Like an SC300

Last edited by codetoad; 10-10-05 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-10-05, 12:04 PM
240killer
Driver School Candidate

Question thanks for the help all most out of my jam ...

thanks you guys for the help i think i will go with the at to 5 seepd and look for a supa motor to put in it and no i'm not a rich kid i just work hard and this will be my first car i will be spend lots of money on get it to drift like my friends 240's. Ya where in to that so if i dont buy this guys car i will look aound for a 5 speed so if i do find one i dont have to do the swap right and i can get the same hps out of the 5 speed then i can by puting a supa motor in it hey you think they mite have a 5speed motor for sale on e-bay well i will look ...

o is this to much for the sc300 cause the guy want $5,500 for it and it is down the street from my house and i have 3,000 save up so should i just wait and look aound to i find a 5 speed ......????
Old 10-10-05, 12:20 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Drifting will just mess your car up. These are heavy cars and don't like to drift very easily in the stock form. You don't want to go out and break stuff if you don't have money to fix it.

5,500 is a good price if its mechanically sound and not trashed on the interior or wrecked.

I would just wait for a manual if you're serious though.
Old 10-10-05, 12:56 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 240killer
thanks you guys for the help i think i will go with the at to 5 seepd and look for a supa motor to put in it and no i'm not a rich kid i just work hard and this will be my first car i will be spend lots of money on get it to drift like my friends 240's. Ya where in to that so if i dont buy this guys car i will look aound for a 5 speed so if i do find one i dont have to do the swap right and i can get the same hps out of the 5 speed then i can by puting a supa motor in it hey you think they mite have a 5speed motor for sale on e-bay well i will look ...

o is this to much for the sc300 cause the guy want $5,500 for it and it is down the street from my house and i have 3,000 save up so should i just wait and look aound to i find a 5 speed ......????
If you plan on drifting and your budget is limited, stick with the 240. Have you even looked up how much a sc300 weighs?
Old 10-10-05, 12:59 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Geez it's so hard to read your posts. Use punctuation man.
Old 10-10-05, 02:28 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

man whats with everybody and wanting to be the next Ueno these days...

btw, if you're friends make fun of you and your car, are they really your friends?
Old 10-10-05, 02:31 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Geez it's so hard to read your posts. Use punctuation man.
LOL. i was thinking the exact same thing. I'm reading everyone else's posts, but not his because i just gave up!
Old 10-10-05, 02:50 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
LOL. i was thinking the exact same thing. I'm reading everyone else's posts, but not his because i just gave up!
I will translate since you are an old school member

Young kid wants to hop on the drifting bandwagon. Of course, he is in it for the looks so he decides to get rid of his 240 for a sc300. He does not do any research and does not realize that the money he puts into the sc300 will allow him to buy 3 more 240's.

Future: Comes back in a month or two and wonders why all the cheap parts he bought are broken.
Old 10-10-05, 02:55 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

hey u can do an SC300 cheap, i got one for 1200 that runs beautiful and looks 6-10. I gotta 1jz swap for 999.99. With a 5k budget someone with good shopping can build a nice SC
Old 10-10-05, 03:15 PM
240killer
Driver School Candidate

Talking sorry that you cant read my stuff ..

sorry i just type to fast and i dont read over my stuff that i type but ya i did my home work on both cars. but i see i get no love in thisroom are it is just tuff love but thanks any way i'm going with the sc300 not to have a big head but i make $24hr working at ford on the assembly line so ya i'm going to dump money in to it to get what i want so ya if i made your head hurt form what i'm typeing then i will do it the hard way and just go out and dump money into the car and see what i get .....
Old 10-10-05, 03:35 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

i make 8 dollars an hour and own two sc300s, one currently being 1jzgte swapped, and the other to soon follow.. whats ur point

Quick Reply: I need info on the sc300 swap - didn't search.