Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Interesting response from xerd dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-05, 10:18 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting response from xerd dealer

Kevin from NAperformance when it comes to the recent HUGE price spike of xerds.

He posts by the name of nonturbo here.

As you know list price for this thing went from 339 listed at site to 289 listed on his ebay accounts back to 459 in a period of roughly 3 weeks?

Only person that sells XERD headers for the Supra is me. Anybody else that sells it, gets it from me. Just like AAP Fans, you get them from AAP or MVP. or someone that buys them from MVP because MVP has strict rights of getting them direct from AAP. Some products in this industry just works that way, sorry if you don't like it, I just play by the rules.

I was the guy on clublexus and on ebay selling them unsuprisingly because I am the only authorized dealer that carries them.

Let me explain to you how supply and demand work. I had an assload of headers laying around so I sold them at a cheaper cost of high 200's. I only have 6 left at the moment and I will not sell them for any cheaper then what's on my website. The price is high for you, great, go call XERD and wait 10 weeks. You want the product now, you pay my price, you don't best of luck and I gurantee you nobody else has it in stock.

XERD also raised their MSRP on these headers. And it costs $1,000 to become the base level XERD Dealer. So you want to upfront the $1,000, buy headers, sell them, and make money, more power to you. I really urge you to do it.

So if you don't like my prices, don't buy, I really don't care. Somebody else will.

Regards,
Kevin
I would of posted this in original thread but it got out of topic and locked.

Anyways has anyone here heard of BFD headers and or tried them? I could wait the 10 weeks for the xerd or buy them used..

Last edited by Inabj2; 09-11-05 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-12-05, 12:22 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

to be 100% honest with you, i hated the headers. I definitely would not recommend buying them if you ever have any plans for a turbo in the future or care what your car sounds like. I had them on my previous car and i honestly did not like them. Sure, there was a minor (and i mean VERY minor) increase in power, but the sound that went along with them was just disgusting. they would resonate at a certain RPM ranfe without fail making the car sound like a honda with its exhaust cut off and pipes rubbing against a tin can full of bearings. I know it was not just my car because several cars had the problem. On top of the sound, the fitment was pretty bad. The output flange to the midpipe was off angle so it would not mate up perfectly with the midpipe. It took a whole lot of effort to get it attached and sealed right. On top of the fitment issues, several of the welds leaked.

Even after fixing the leaks and poor fitment, i was still very unimpressed by the very minimal butt-dyno gains.

Im sure there are others that have had great responses from the product and i dont doubt that since he can sell them with that ridiculous price tag but they are one product i will definitely be staying away from.
Old 09-12-05, 01:06 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got no problem with that dealer's thought process but the whole "So if you don't like my prices, don't buy, I really don't care. Somebody else will." attitude is stupid...
Old 09-12-05, 01:50 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

whatever.

If a business lacks customer service, it'll take care of itself.

As far as the headers go... don't waste your money -- $200 or $400.

I'd just do a BFI intake, a complete cat-back exhaust & call it a day... this isn't an M3 engine that's capable of 300 rwhp N/A. Come to terms with that fact, then save up for a NA-T kit or a TT swap.

my .02
Old 09-13-05, 06:43 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

So I take it no one else tried the other headers? at 200ish bucks I would of not minded the price since I could always resell it but at that ridicoulous price **** it.

His attitude in general is pretty.. well im not sure I want to purchase from the guy anymore, he is pretty sucessful with the guys at supraforums apparently though.
Old 09-13-05, 07:47 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

From a business man's POV, this guy is a fudging *****. Without the customer service, who cares about how great your product is? From the looks of it, your question might have hit a soft spot on his ego. I can only imagine your shock when reading his arrogant response.

from me:
"I wish I had 4 hands, so I can give him 4 down."
Old 09-14-05, 08:40 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Recently in the supraforums thread he offered me to sell them to me at the old price... if i contact him...
Old 09-14-05, 10:47 AM
Mikethe1st
Rookie

17hp for $400 is very worth the price. I don't think any other mod can yield that amount of performance with the motor in N/A form. Xerd will only sell to dealers that put up the money for the discount. When there's a monopoly there's not much you can do about prices, except for a groupbuy, which we wont be able to do. Prices would have been $289 shipped for us, btw.
Old 09-14-05, 12:22 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mikethe1st
17hp for $400 is very worth the price. I don't think any other mod can yield that amount of performance with the motor in N/A form. Xerd will only sell to dealers that put up the money for the discount. When there's a monopoly there's not much you can do about prices, except for a groupbuy, which we wont be able to do. Prices would have been $289 shipped for us, btw.
yeah who cares about these headers, just go NA-T
I'd just do a BFI intake, a complete cat-back exhaust & call it a day... this isn't an M3 engine that's capable of 300 rwhp N/A. Come to terms with that fact, then save up for a NA-T kit or a TT swap
supracoup3 exactly well said.
Old 09-14-05, 12:29 PM
TeamDX
Driver

That NAPerformance guy is 16 years old, works out of his room in his mom/dads house. I wouldnt buy from him if he had the last part i needed to get my car running for the next 3 years. I advise you all to do the same. There are MUCH more reputable venders with way better customer service out there that would be more then willing to help out and not flame a customer.
Old 09-14-05, 08:13 PM
jacques
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mikethe1st
Don't most of the gains come from the cat removal these headers require for install? Something done quite easily ourselves with alot less cash.
Old 09-15-05, 09:57 AM
Mikethe1st
Rookie

Originally Posted by TeamDX
That NAPerformance guy is 16 years old, works out of his room in his mom/dads house. I wouldnt buy from him if he had the last part i needed to get my car running for the next 3 years. I advise you all to do the same. There are MUCH more reputable venders with way better customer service out there that would be more then willing to help out and not flame a customer.
Name one other vendor so I can get the headers.
Old 01-27-06, 11:45 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

acually i have done buisness with kevin- he is excellent in customer service and if you havent done buisness with him you should- ive never had any problems with him and he always pulls through.
Old 01-30-06, 12:33 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Im pretty sure Kevin does great business. I've heard of a couple deals that went bad with XERD and the solara forum. They had a group buy on a set of headers for their cars and everyone who had payed never recieved what they had payed for. It would be nice if I can recieve something I had payed for..
Old 01-30-06, 12:36 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TeamDX
Kevin is a great business man for a young guy. I havent heard complaints about him. Once I remember asking him about a turbo setup I was going to buy from him for the SC and he was able to answer all of my questions in a profesional manner. He's a good guy.

Quick Reply: Interesting response from xerd dealer