Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Rebuilding the 1UZ-FE to 5.0L

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 03:09 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need a big budget and couple of snails at least 16-20k. Money will go out very fast.... Currently i am collecting parts for my Project Lextreme.

Last edited by Lextreme; 09-02-05 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-02-05, 06:00 PM
Chris92SC4
Driver School Candidate

yea i bet....i guess i will just try to find a motor off ebay or somthing. or i will try to find a really smashed tundra and get the motor out of it. i like this idea better...oh snap i can get a motor from a jappanesse import place for like 1200 ill check it out on monday...does any body know what year i should get it from...im thinkin like 2000-2003. probably going to have to do some major fabbing to get that big sucker to fit in my car...wonder what the horsepower is on that motor..
Old 09-03-05, 10:15 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you seen this 1UZ vid?

clicky
Old 09-03-05, 02:35 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie
Have you seen this 1UZ vid?

clicky

I LOVE that video Richie!!!!

Everytime I see it I get goosebumps!!!
Old 09-03-05, 03:12 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mkorsu
I LOVE that video Richie!!!!

Everytime I see it I get goosebumps!!!
Me too, I just wish I could save it to the computer.
That sound is just crazy.
Old 09-03-05, 03:26 PM
Chris92SC4
Driver School Candidate

yea it does sound awesome...that sounds like raw horsepower...i can't belive thats a lexus motor tho....thats crazy...well maybe for now i will just use the tundra bottom end with my heads on it and a 98 sc400 intake manifold...that should give me some sorta power i hope...i got my true dual exaust yesterday with magnaflows and it sounds awesome its quiet at idle but when i step on the gas it sounds sick...
Old 09-03-05, 03:28 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris92SC4
yea it does sound awesome...that sounds like raw horsepower...i can't belive thats a lexus motor tho....thats crazy...well maybe for now i will just use the tundra bottom end with my heads on it and a 98 sc400 intake manifold...that should give me some sorta power i hope...i got my true dual exaust yesterday with magnaflows and it sounds awesome its quiet at idle but when i step on the gas it sounds sick...
Sounds like a good plan!!
Old 09-10-05, 11:08 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor
You can sleeve the block and use a Tundra crank...
If i am not mistaken the Tundra crank in Not longer. They get the 4.7 with the piston size only. You can resleeve the block up to 5.7 I think ? Or you can have the Crank stroked.

Last edited by jgscott; 09-11-05 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-11-05, 12:15 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkorsu

It all about displacement. I am also into american muscle cars and have built a few monster engines (or at least been a part of the build), and with a Chevy SB, the motor needs to be bored & stroked, + we're starting with a block that is over 400ci to begin with. By the time we're done, displacement is up between 454-468 ci. Which translates to close to 8 liters. That's double the dispacement than the 1UZ. With the Chevy, the engine is completely custom, which again is something we don't have the resources for with the 1UZ. Final figures on a Chevy SB at that size usually yields 700hp and 650-750 lb/tq. Again, this is all dependent upon cam selection, roller ratios, intake layout, etc.

Without somesort of FI on the 1UZ, there just isn't enough out there to build up a N/A motor to the specs you are mentioning, without some SERIOUS cash outlay.

And to answer your question, your 92 SC400 was rated at 250hp at the crank from the factory. It has now been pretty much agreed upon that that number was inflated and the output was probably a lot closer to 225 at the crank.
It least some one understands V8's. Good correct info. You beat me to it. It is not that hard to get a stroked BBC to even 900 + HP. Some people don't understand if it ain't got a turbo or tt's. But..... what about 32 psi of turbo on a V8 ?
Old 09-12-05, 07:56 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
It least some one understands V8's. Good correct info. You beat me to it. It is not that hard to get a stroked BBC to even 900 + HP. Some people don't understand if it ain't got a turbo or tt's. But..... what about 32 psi of turbo on a V8 ?

Sure! A stroked BBC can be pushed to 900+ HP. Car Craft does it fairly often and their last time it was N/A and ran on pump gas (93 Octane).

2.25 BAR on a BBC is tough. I'm sure it's done, it's just that I haven't seen one personally. Definately need to go custom heads for that route with some monster head bolts! Plus your compression would have to seriously LOW!!!!! Tolerances on American blocks and heads are just not as exact as their Japanese counterparts.
Old 10-22-05, 10:34 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

If i am not mistaken the Tundra crank in Not longer. They get the 4.7 with the piston size only. You can resleeve the block up to 5.7 I think ? Or you can have the Crank stroked.
Where do u find that information about Tundra crank is not longer? Are you sure the 4.7 only increase in piston size?
Old 10-22-05, 11:20 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lextreme
Where do u find that information about Tundra crank is not longer? Are you sure the 4.7 only increase in piston size?
Read Post # 18. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...a&pagenumber=2
I researched the bore and Stroke #'s one time and it was so small of a stroke diff it would only account for about a .1 to .2 difference if I remember correctly.

How to build a High Output SC400 1UZFE motor :

Crank, polished and cut.
Longest Rod you can fit . Long stroke strong Rods work. ( Exe. 350 motor to 383 is big Diff )
Over bore pistons. Bores need to be honed as straight as possible.
Full head work, flow bench porting, enlarged Combustion chamber work. CC'd for even compression and size. Bigger Valves, HD springs and Valve train components that are ligthen.
Cams High lift , long Duration cams.
Enlarged Throttle body, and high flow exhaust system exhaust.

1UZFE built like this with street gas compression reving to 8000 RPM might be capable of 550 to 750 HP depending on Bore X Stroke and building skills. Many Chey 359 motors make this.
Old 10-23-05, 08:09 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Read Post # 18. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...a&pagenumber=2
I researched the bore and Stroke #'s one time and it was so small of a stroke diff it would only account for about a .1 to .2 difference if I remember correctly. .
I think you should do little more research outside of the box before telling people about the Tundra Crank and other uzfe specs...

How to build a High Output SC400 1UZFE motor :

Crank, polished and cut. .
Sorry what are you cutting on the crank to make it high hp?

Longest Rod you can fit . Long stroke strong Rods work. ( Exe. 350 motor to 383 is big Diff ).
How much longer and where do u find them? Do u think the 350 rods would work?

Over bore pistons. Bores need to be honed as straight as possible.
Full head work, flow bench porting, enlarged Combustion chamber work. CC'd for even compression and size. Bigger Valves, HD springs and Valve train components that are ligthen.
Cams High lift , long Duration cams.
Enlarged Throttle body, and high flow exhaust system exhaust.

1UZFE built like this with street gas compression reving to 8000 RPM might be capable of 550 to 750 HP depending on Bore X Stroke and building skills. Many Chey 359 motors make this.
Sounds nice on paper but have anyone done this? Is it proven?
Old 10-23-05, 10:39 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lextreme
I think you should do little more research outside of the box before telling people about the Tundra Crank and other uzfe specs...
Woa, did you read the link. It's right there. I'm not the only one who thinks this. jgscott

Sorry what are you cutting on the crank to make it high hp?
You can lighten a crank, also do Knife edging, it's been done for years. jgscott

How much longer and where do u find them? Do u think the 350 rods would work?
There are Custom rods companies that make custom rods for anything you want.jgscott

Sounds nice on paper but have anyone done this? Is it proven?
Did not say it was done just my thought. A V8 is a V8. jgscott

I'm kinda confused about what you are saying. You should read A Book called "Smokey Yunicks Power Secrects". This will help you understand what I am saying. Everything you are asking about is right there and been done for years. IMO some of you guys who spent big bucks on turbo charging the 1UZFE got caught up in the Turbo thing and could have put together a higher HP, unbreakable V8 for the same money or less, without the Turbo Boost stress. Seams they keep rebuilding and rebuilding. I commend you for your project but, the things you are asking are not new V8 facts. Lots of questions so where are you going with this ?

Last edited by jgscott; 10-23-05 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-23-05, 10:53 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Things you can do to a Crank for HP increases
:Inspection / Teardown
___ Blueprint (true, weld, balance)
___ Polish
___ Magnaflux
___ Straighten
___ Balance
___ Index