Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Finally secured my turbo Lexus...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 06:18 AM
PHLSingle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally secured my turbo Lexus...

Well guys / girls -

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me look and educated me on these cars. After searching for almost 6 months, I found *the* car. Actually....the car found me!

I exchanged emails and posts with alot of good members here and couldn't find exactly what I wanted...they were either: TOO many mods (possible!?) for me, too much $$, automatic, something didn't work (heat, a/c ...something).

Then, out of the blue - I rec'd an email from a guy on here on CL. After going back and forth, this was def the car for me!! We agreed on what I feel was a VERY fair price and the title is now in my hands However, the car is coming from San Fran...will get picked up mid next week for an arrival here in S NJ the very 1st week (before labor day) in September.

A few car details:

1992 SC300 Pearl White / Tan Leather
Brand new leather
'99 front/rear bumpers & lights - really looks nice
18" Volk GTC's
HKS coil overs
Supra TT brakes

The only other mods are tiny....

GTE Supra motor, 6spd tranny, TT rear end

Oh, and EVERYTHING works...heat, a/c, etc. It's a light bpu motor - perfect...fmic, exhaust, etc.

I'm pretty happy and excited for it to get here over the next 2 weeks or so. Hopefully, there will be some meets this Fall I can attend.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me search and find the right car.

Jay
Old 08-18-05, 06:40 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome Jay!! I am so happy for you! You have been looking forever it seems. Well over a year that I know of! Send me some pics! I wanna see!!
Old 08-18-05, 10:03 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Nice, and in New jersey too. We need more turbo Sc's here.
Old 08-18-05, 10:57 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quickturbo's car?
Old 08-18-05, 11:55 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant be.... he doesnt have just a BPU GTE. his is fully built and single turbo. and last i heard, he wanted to keep it. almost in the 9's now.

plus, he said the car is in san fran... not chicago.
Old 08-18-05, 12:30 PM
actuary
Driver

Be careful when transporting the car. See my sig.
Old 08-18-05, 12:45 PM
PHLSingle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by amy011079
Awesome Jay!! I am so happy for you! You have been looking forever it seems. Well over a year that I know of! Send me some pics! I wanna see!!

Amy, wow...has it been that long? Thanks for letting me bounce ideas off ya for the past year! Gotta get myself down to GA one of these days I'll get those pics I sent you posted here in just a bit.

Justin - yeah man....I'm down near Cherry Hill, NJ - by all means swing by. I'd like to see some more owners.

Richie - nope, not quicks...hell - I helped talk him into keeping his Lex - it's an animal and he's put up with me asking questions too.

Ki - Hey, thanks for your help in checking out some FL cars for me and basically giving me the rundown on what stuff costs, tips, etc.

Actuary - yeah, I did alot of research before going with Reliable Carriers. They came recommended by Ryan Woon (WOTM) - it's fully enclosed and they deal with alot of high end cars. For example they're pretty tied up right now with the Concurs De Elegance in Pebble Beach!!
Old 08-18-05, 01:16 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

PICS PICS PICS PICS Congradulations on what sounds like a fine purchase.
Old 08-18-05, 02:59 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah where are the pics man.. Lets see the motor!
Old 08-18-05, 03:39 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PHLSingle
Amy, wow...has it been that long? Thanks for letting me bounce ideas off ya for the past year! Gotta get myself down to GA one of these days I'll get those pics I sent you posted here in just a bit.

Justin - yeah man....I'm down near Cherry Hill, NJ - by all means swing by. I'd like to see some more owners.

Richie - nope, not quicks...hell - I helped talk him into keeping his Lex - it's an animal and he's put up with me asking questions too.

Ki - Hey, thanks for your help in checking out some FL cars for me and basically giving me the rundown on what stuff costs, tips, etc.

Actuary - yeah, I did alot of research before going with Reliable Carriers. They came recommended by Ryan Woon (WOTM) - it's fully enclosed and they deal with alot of high end cars. For example they're pretty tied up right now with the Concurs De Elegance in Pebble Beach!!
yep it's been over a year! wild huh?!?! and anytime! yeah for real you need to take a road trip down here to GA and show off the new ride!

Gosh i really want to post the pics he sent me but i will leave the honor to him. It's a GORGEOUS car ya'll. Looks fantastic!!

Last edited by amy011079; 08-18-05 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-18-05, 06:43 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Congrats! Awesome to see another SF member over here!

As much as I can't wait to see pics, I really can't wait to see what you're going to do with it

Welcome to the other side of the 2JZ world... the sleeper side

John
Old 08-18-05, 10:44 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

POST PIX POST PIX!
Old 08-19-05, 06:45 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs up

congratulations
Old 08-19-05, 07:47 AM
PHLSingle
Pole Position

Ok, here are a few pics - Some of you Cali guys might recognize it:

The above are the best ones, selected by Amy...she sure can pick 'em I will have to come to GA..it's not *that* far - don't you all have a big Lexus meet or something down there? Of course the North East is always there for you too!

John - yeah, I'm excited about the whole sleeper thing. Luxury with a punch Ha, I'm gonna try to be good with this one...since the Supra is about off the deep end with the 80mm turbo and 5" downpipe! My plans for this is to fully dynamat it (yes, add weight!) and while it has a little system in it now - I'm going to address that and add some really nice stuff inside. I want it to be super quiet on the inside, while packing 450-500hp. I'll enjoy the stock twins until Spring 06 and then swap on a tiny turbo, maybe 57mm. Don't worry, I already have a methanol kit ready to go on the Lexus!!

Thanks all!

Jay

PS - When we gonna get the NE lexus' together!?

Last edited by PHLSingle; 08-19-05 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-19-05, 08:16 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to bad you dont have it alrfeady, there is a huge meet in maryland this weekend.... www.lexfest.net. you should bring out the dawg!

Quick Reply: Finally secured my turbo Lexus...