Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ monsters

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-05, 10:40 AM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1JZ monsters

Hey everyone

I was just want to know if anyone is running a T67 or T78 or T88 on there 1JZ. Im looking for big power figures so what are some of the highest outputting sc300 on this forum? Also with supporting mods to my 1JZ with a T67 such as injectors, aftermarket ecu etc what power figure would i be able to achieve? What’s the efficiency range for the T67? Also I can’t seem to find any specs on T67 turbos so if anyone can tell me their power rating and any relevant site for specs that would be sweet. Ahhh lastly if you got any links to any sc300 or 1JZ’s in general pushing 500+ hp that would be awesome.

Cheers
Old 07-27-05, 12:04 PM
Gamer
Pole Position

Gee, your not asking for much huh

You will not find many (if any at all) on these forums that are running big T's on a 1JZ, most will be 2JZ as the 1JZ is harder to source aftermarket parts for in the States. I belive there are a few that will be doing it on these forums soon but no one that I know of just yet.

As for what power figure you would or could achieve. Well there are too many variables to take into account and no one can give you a proper figure. It would depend on the supporting mods really.

There should be loads of info out there about the T67, you are not looking in the right places maybe.

You should visit the ALSC as the aussie guys down your way are much more familiar with the 1JZ and a few on those forums are running some decent power.

http://www.lexus.australia.as/entry.htm
Old 07-27-05, 02:58 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe kaotiq is running a t78 on his 1jz...
Old 07-27-05, 04:56 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

I have an Sc61 but am upgrading most likley to PTE71gtq
Old 07-27-05, 06:29 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

See, when you say t78 or t88, do you mean the greddy mistu turbos? A t78 is only roughly 68mm and I believe a t88 H is in the low 70s in MM. Greddy just makes their turbos sound big.
Old 07-27-05, 07:51 PM
gowest
Driver

This will fully explain everything: it actually for 2JZ but worth the time to read I think it can be apply for 1JZ too.
http://i-supra.com/6/ubb.x?m=2396092...7&f=9126041111
Old 07-27-05, 09:09 PM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DETUNED
See, when you say t78 or t88, do you mean the greddy mistu turbos? A t78 is only roughly 68mm and I believe a t88 H is in the low 70s in MM. Greddy just makes their turbos sound big.
Yeah i mean Greddy, im just asking because i have a T67 on my 1JZ now and im pushing decent power with not much boost. Getting 340rwkw's @15psi which is laggy due to such a big turbo. I just wanted info on the T67 or anything bigger from the Greddy range. Also I’ve been told that these turbos are fine for 25+ psi but i don’t wanna wind up the boost without some specs and knowing the turbo efficiency range. Supporting mods are fine to accommodate for the big power numbers so not too many problems there. If i knew the hp rating for the T67 then i would know when the turbo is maxxing out in power, my current mods should allow me to run the turbo at its efficiency range, whether i want to do that is still debatable. Any info or advice is welcome.

Cheers
Old 07-28-05, 04:54 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Correct, now an SP88 is what you want 88mm. Make boost on a 1jz at around redline. But boy o boy what a redline
Old 07-28-05, 06:25 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

There are many more people on supraforums.com that run big turboed 1jz's
Check them out under the MKIII 1JZ SWAP section
Old 07-28-05, 12:19 PM
pass1914
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1jz w/pt61

Here are some from my old car, supra w/1jz and PT61GT turbo !
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ monsters-dynorun100904.jpg  
Old 07-28-05, 01:59 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KingSoarer
Hey everyone

I was just want to know if anyone is running a T67 or T78 or T88 on there 1JZ. Im looking for big power figures so what are some of the highest outputting sc300 on this forum? Also with supporting mods to my 1JZ with a T67 such as injectors, aftermarket ecu etc what power figure would i be able to achieve? What’s the efficiency range for the T67? Also I can’t seem to find any specs on T67 turbos so if anyone can tell me their power rating and any relevant site for specs that would be sweet. Ahhh lastly if you got any links to any sc300 or 1JZ’s in general pushing 500+ hp that would be awesome.

Cheers
Why would anyone run one of those turbos anymore? I'm assuming by grouping the T67 with the T78 and T88 that you're referring to the Mitsubishi version of the T67? (essentially a 25G turbo)?

They are all very laggy and inefficient compared to the turbos out today...

If anyone on this forum begins to do a big single install on their 1jz, it wont be with one of those piles of crap It will more than likely be with one of the newer GT-based turbos or SP/PTE turbos setup for the JZ engine (various 67, 71, and 74mm turbos)...
they spool faster, have way more options, and are far more efficient...
Old 07-28-05, 02:57 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JustinDD91
Correct, now an SP88 is what you want 88mm. Make boost on a 1jz at around redline. But boy o boy what a redline
Check out the SP88 we did on this supra. OMG! makes my SP74 look like a t25

Vs. my sp74

Old 07-28-05, 08:59 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KingSoarer
Hey everyone

Cheers
what's up King. To achieve some real power, you gotta "pay to play." I'm not sure if this will help you out, but I will try. I haven't tuned my car yet and I'm running a GReddy T78. Supposedly I will be able to hit about 500+ RWHP after tuning on 91 octane fuel and 1.2-1.5 bar. SUPPOSEDLY. (cross your fingers) I know that most of the supra fellows spent their money (a good majority) on fuel mods ALONG with the single turbo in order to achieve those HP figures that you want. Some of them with similar mods as mine have hit about 600-700 RWHP. After researching, I just bought the mods, that the supra guys recommended, that are supposed to give you those figures:

For my Boost/cooling/exhaust:

1. Greddy T78 turbo kit, going to be tuned at 18psi (~1.2 bar)
2. Front mount intercooler
3. 3" piping from the down pipe all the way to a 3" dual exhaust
4. GReddy 1.4mm metal headgasket

My Fuel:

1. Walbro 255lph fuel pump (Might need dual walbros)
2. Sard 800cc High impedence injectors
3. Sard fuel pressure regulator

My Engine management:

1. GReddy E-Manage Ultimate <== need to install this weekend

Whether or not these mods give the 500+ HP, I am not 100% certain. I would like to believe that they do. If you wait like a week or two, I can give you a definite answer. However, like what Griffin TT said, you should check out the supraforums, 1JZ swap section. That is where I got a lot of info. Best of luck to you and if you have other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 08-01-05, 08:43 PM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Yeah with that much boost running through the T78 you should be hitting around 565rwhp roughly. Im currently almost at 500rwhp running only 1 bar. This is my dilemma, i wanna run the turbo at a safe level that it was designed for, but i can’t find much info on where boost will be still safe for the turbo. I've been told at between 22-27 (1.5- 1.8) is still safe and is the most efficient for the turbo, coz need clarification on this. Running that much boost should see me run around 600rwhp+

Should be good to see your results when done. Also are you gonna run any NOS? I've been playing around with the idea for a while now and have decided that ill be going down this path. It will only be using probably either a 75hp kit or 100hp kit to help the turbo spool up and eliminate most of the lag. I've researched it a fair bit and it should do wonders. Also my friend who runs his S15 Silvia in the low 11's gave me the low down on the benefits as he has spent countless hours fine tuning his drag S15 and he praises NOS for eliminating most of the lag he suffers from his T51R.

Are any guys running Nitrous in the States? I know there is 2 SC300 running it in Australia. Any opinions?
Old 08-01-05, 09:27 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Check out the SP88 we did on this supra. OMG! makes my SP74 look like a t25

Which one's the block?

Quick Reply: 1JZ monsters