Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JIC Magic Bullet 505S Twin Spartan Exhaust on an NA-T

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-05, 06:37 PM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JIC Magic Bullet 505S Twin Spartan Exhaust on an NA-T

I have an F-Max/Turbonetics turbo kit for my '97 5spd Sc300 on the way and its going to comewith a 3" mandrel bend down pipe. I just picked up on jic bullet twin spartan catback exhaust and am wondering if:
1) does anyone have this exhaust system thats gone from NA ==> Turbo?
1a) if so how do you like it and do you plan on keeping it or going with bigger piping?
2) does anyone know if the piping size is going to be a problem (65mm)?

This all happened because the guy from JIC said that it was 3" until the split and then was 2.5" at the split to compensate for the dual mufflers. But when I measured all the meeting points on the exhaust it came out as 2.5 everywhere. I'd really appreciate some help with this.

Mike (GoCarSc300)
Old 07-14-05, 09:32 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im pretty positve u will need a custom mid pipe for this exhaust to even bolt up. IMO this exhaust is way to small for the fmax kit. im running the same kit on my 97 but ive got custom 3in mandrel bent all the way back no cats or resinators and going from my 2.5 to the 3 made a huge difference spool time is much quicker. oh and once you get the kit on and your car starts to cut off when letting off the gas to fast during driving or simply revving just extend your maf as far away from the turbo as possible this will solve your problem.
Old 07-15-05, 10:39 AM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Soarer479, thanks for your help. Do you think I should keep the exhaust portion that's 2.5" from the split back and get a custom midpipe or should I just sell the entire exhaust system and go 3" all the way back? Is there going to be a huge difference between those two choices? Also is your setup still dual exit or did you go single? And one more thing do you mean that if my car shuts off when letting off the gas and/or revving that I should move the location of the MAF or is it an adjustment of the MAF settings?
Old 07-15-05, 03:44 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

not an adjustment of the maf settings but physically extending the maf further away from the turbo, the air bounces back an forth when u let off the gas and the maf goes crazy and throws the car into a safe mode and shuts it off most of the time. i have dual set up 3in all the way back its a huge difference. on selling the exhaust..... it really depends on how much u can get for it and what exhaust shops are in your area. i wouldnt do anything other than mandrel bent. i just bought two apexi n1 turbo mufflers off ebay for 200 bucks a piece then had my fabrication shop custom make me the rest of the exhaust. after everything i spent $742 including the 2 mufflers and thats from the dp back. (thanks to speed fab in jax fl for building me the awsome exhaust)
so imo if u can even get around 600 bucks for your exhaust then its worth it to sell it and have it custom made.. i mean ur going to need the mid pipe made anyways so u might as well have the rest made the way you want it. oh and your probably going to have to drive open down pipe to an exhaust shop haha let me tell you, you will get some looks on the ride there.
Old 07-17-05, 04:22 PM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Thanks a lot for your help. I guess I am going to sell the exhaust then. It retails at $1090, so its definitely worth some money. With that I'll get the piping done and get some mufflers. How loud is your car? Do you have any sound clips because I planned to get a high flow cat or at least some resonaters before each muffler to keep the sound levels resonable. Maybe even the high flow cat and the resonaters becasue I really don't want it to be too loud. Would that be too much restriction. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 07-18-05, 04:29 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

suprisingly my car is not that loud its more low and deep under normal driving conditions with the n1's ... but at W.O.T. ...... yeah its loud lol. imo u wont need cats or resinators sounds perfect with out it, just a waste of money