Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Auto 1JZ to 5SP SC Done

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-05, 01:46 PM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto 1JZ to 5SP SC Done

It is done and running. It is using everything that came stock from Toyota including my stock SC 300 exhaust. The only difference is a RPS 6 puck clutch. It was about 103 this morning when I dyno'd it. 237hp and 254tq. It's pretty lean until the map sensor takes a bit to start dumping fuel but when it does it's 10:1 all the way out from 5k. Needs an afc. The only things wrong is the tach, the engine temp which I think just needs the US sending unit and the air bag light for some reason. It's on even when the car is off and the key is in my pocket.

Huge thanks to Vududoc for his tech support.
Old 07-02-05, 07:12 PM
Lunitik
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering if you could explain how you did the auto to manual swap and what parts were needed and where to get them, as i am very interested in switching over to maunal
Old 07-02-05, 07:58 PM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

My car was a manual to begin with. The engine, wiring harness and ECU that I used were for an automatic.
Old 07-27-05, 06:58 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel mix

Originally Posted by Kaiser
It is done and running. It is using everything that came stock from Toyota including my stock SC 300 exhaust. The only difference is a RPS 6 puck clutch. It was about 103 this morning when I dyno'd it. 237hp and 254tq. It's pretty lean until the map sensor takes a bit to start dumping fuel but when it does it's 10:1 all the way out from 5k. Needs an afc. The only things wrong is the tach, the engine temp which I think just needs the US sending unit and the air bag light for some reason. It's on even when the car is off and the key is in my pocket.

Huge thanks to Vududoc for his tech support.
did you rewire your knock sensors with usb cable ? if not htis maybe the reason your car is running that rich.
ecu is on safe mode due to code 52.
I dynoed my car also with knock sensor not done. and it was so rich it was off the chart and dynoed at 228hp.
Old 07-27-05, 07:50 AM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

No the ECU reached it's home location without extending the wires. The knock sensors were untouched. I have no check engine lights at all. When I dyno'd it was pretty hot out. When it drops under 100 outside it picks up quite a bit. I imagine that the stock SC exhaust is also just choking the hell out of it. As for being rich, the plugs that came with this engine were pretty dark so it's no surprise to me that the top end it rich. I have an AFC II coming so I hope to pick up a few despite the still stock exhaust.
Old 07-27-05, 07:54 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaiser
No the ECU reached it's home location without extending the wires. The knock sensors were untouched. I have no check engine lights at all. When I dyno'd it was pretty hot out. When it drops under 100 outside it picks up quite a bit. I imagine that the stock SC exhaust is also just choking the hell out of it. As for being rich, the plugs that came with this engine were pretty dark so it's no surprise to me that the top end it rich. I have an AFC II coming so I hope to pick up a few despite the still stock exhaust.
let me know if you know how to wire it I just got one
Old 09-15-05, 06:56 PM
masterstas
Driver School Candidate

Default trani conversion,and 1jz swap in my sc300

i have a few questions for u guys. I drive an sc 300 automatic. Im in the process of swapin that **** out w/ the 1jzgtte. I need to by a u sed turbo bak exhaust for the 1jz motor that will fit w/ the exhaust manifold egress, on the 1jz. Because the motor in my sc has 2 ports for the exhaust to exit. My 2nd question is: how do i tell the difference between the w58 and the r154 tramsmitions. Does anyone here know. Please write me back