Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Does The 2jzgte Head Bolt Up To A Ge Block

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-05, 02:39 PM
IIJZSC300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does The 2jzgte Head Bolt Up To A Ge Block

Can i use my 2jzgte head on my 2jzge block and does the gte block and ge block have the same bolt pattern for the exhust manifold because i want to build my 2jzgte block before i swap it in so i thought i would swap the head and use my turbo manifold for my t67 turbo and keep the block of my stock motor please help i need help and sorry for the stupid question
Old 06-06-05, 03:19 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simple answer is yes
Old 06-06-05, 03:48 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIJZSC300
does the gte block and ge block have the same bolt pattern for the exhust manifold
I don't understand this part........ the exhaust ports are not on the block. The gte head swap over to a ge block is a very complicated procedure. If you're wanting to do this so you can use a turbo manifold you currently have for the gte head - then that's not a good reason. You should sell it off and buy a nice NA-T kit for the GE motor.
Old 06-06-05, 05:28 PM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTE head bolts right to the GE block. Why? ....because GTE and GE share the same block

However, in swapping it over, you will have address the ignition issue. You will either be running a stand alone unit, or a TT ECU at that point. It also brings other things into play... exhaust manifolds, coils, intake side, etc.

If you are building a monster motor, then putting a GTE head on a build GE block can save you alot of money if you want to run GTE turbo components. Short of that, there is no point in doing it.

James
Old 06-06-05, 05:38 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

the exhaust flanges are different. the GE head flows better too. the only difference in the block is the oil squerters in the GTE block. i dont know why you would want the GTE head anyways... there is a lot of work involved. it would be easier to just swap in a full GTE motor... at lease that way, you wont have to take anything apart! is the turbo mannifold for the GE head or the GTE head?
Old 06-06-05, 05:55 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MadMaxxNA
GTE head bolts right to the GE block. Why? ....because GTE and GE share the same block
James
I hear they do but the exhaust manifold flanges are different and the different thing about the GTE block is those really cool oil squirters because its a turbo motor. I also hear some people say that the 1JZ head flows better than the 2JZ head??? I think the 2JZ head flows better.
Old 06-06-05, 06:38 PM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I hear they do but the exhaust manifold flanges are different and the different thing about the GTE block is those really cool oil squirters because its a turbo motor. I also hear some people say that the 1JZ head flows better than the 2JZ head??? I think the 2JZ head flows better.

I don't think the 1JZ flow theory has ever been confirmed. However, The NA head does have slightly larger ports than it's turbo counterpart.

Oil squirters are overkill IMHO, unless you're doing heavy road racing or something simmilar. BL has hit over 600rw on a stock bottom ended GE, and DaveH is shooting for the 8's in his new GE powered car.

GE turbo components (exhaust and intake side) cost a bit more than TT parts, but not by much when you look at everything as a whole. It's usually far cheaper to build up a monster NA-T setup than a GTE at the same HP levels...but to each their own.

James
Old 06-06-05, 07:00 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

I don't think the 1JZ flow theory has ever been confirmed. However, The NA head does have slightly larger ports than it's turbo counterpart.

Oil squirters are overkill IMHO, unless you're doing heavy road racing or something simmilar. BL has hit over 600rw on a stock bottom ended GE, and DaveH is shooting for the 8's in his new GE powered car.

GE turbo components (exhaust and intake side) cost a bit more than TT parts, but not by much when you look at everything as a whole. It's usually far cheaper to build up a monster NA-T setup than a GTE at the same HP levels...but to each their own.

James

agreed!! i like this guy. haha the oil squerters are useless with aftermarket pistons anyways. i have to dissagree with one point though... the na-t parts (exhaust and intake side) are not more expensice than tt parts... at least not where i have looked. other than that.. i totaly agree with your post. well put
Old 06-06-05, 07:27 PM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Well, if you go with name brand stuff (BL for example). Their NA-T manifold is ~1500 IIRC, little more than their TT manifold.

However, there are cheaper setups. I'm using DaveH's stuff for my SC. I'm building a 800rwhp GE motor also for my supra

GE represent.
Old 06-06-05, 08:16 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Oil squirters are overkill IMHO,

Every bit of cooling helps. The end
Old 06-06-05, 09:27 PM
jazn671
Rookie

isn't the gte head's cc bigger too? if so, do piston manufacturers calculate cr for you or do you have to do it yourself? for example buying supra tt slugs rated at 8.5:1 and running them in your ge would yield like 8.7:1. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 06-06-05, 10:47 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jazn671
isn't the gte head's cc bigger too? if so, do piston manufacturers calculate cr for you or do you have to do it yourself? for example buying supra tt slugs rated at 8.5:1 and running them in your ge would yield like 8.7:1. correct me if i'm wrong.
actually i think its a combination of the headgasket thickness and the pistons that are the difference between the compression levels of the two motors

iirc on the discussion on supraforums, the TT headgasket on a GE motor drops the compression down to like 8.75:1 or 9:1
use the TT pistons and you drop down about .25-.5 more
Old 06-07-05, 10:33 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
actually i think its a combination of the headgasket thickness and the pistons that are the difference between the compression levels of the two motors

iirc on the discussion on supraforums, the TT headgasket on a GE motor drops the compression down to like 8.75:1 or 9:1
use the TT pistons and you drop down about .25-.5 more
All of this is correct, the thicker gasket and lower compression pistons make the difference.
Old 06-07-05, 01:37 PM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Originally Posted by got_trd
Every bit of cooling helps. The end

I've yet to see the data on the oil squirters. However, any good engine oil-specific cooler (race bred) > any oil squirter setup.

Last edited by MadMaxxNA; 06-07-05 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-07-05, 02:01 PM
jazn671
Rookie

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
All of this is correct, the thicker gasket and lower compression pistons make the difference.
so the combustion chamber of the gte head is really bigger than the ge? by how much?

Quick Reply: Does The 2jzgte Head Bolt Up To A Ge Block