Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AEM EMS and SC300 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-05, 06:15 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default AEM EMS and SC300 Issues

Gentlemen (and the few ladies):

I am having a few issues with my AEM 1101 EMS and my 92 SC300.

First off, the car runs fine. I've tuned the idle, the startup, fuel, decel, throttle, GM 3-bar MAP (Maf is GONE) and IAT. Car runs great. So this isn't your standard rookie BS question.

My problem is the damn A/C. I can not get the proper a/c request input from the car to make the AEM happy. I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of. I've tried faking the signal to Pin 34A, I've tried every single combination of a/c request input type in the a/c options box, and nothing works to get the proper output on Pin 23A which is the a/c clutch.

The problem is as follows. The a/c is either always on, or always off. The AEM overrides the climate control. This is because the AEM is not recognizing the a/c input from the climate control. So it either turns the a/c on or off, depending on how I configure the a/c options. The climate control can be totally off, and the a/c will be functioning. I've been fighting this for days and the AEM forums haven't really provided any insight.

Right now I have Pins 34A and 23A removed from the plugs and jumped together thus eliminating the AEM completely from the a/c circuit. While the a/c works the way it should this way, the fact that the AEM is cut out means that I lose important functions like the a/c idle up, and the WOT a/c kill.

Cliff Notes: All you SC300 owners with the AEM 1101 box, how did you get the a/c to function correctly?

Thanks all!
Old 06-06-05, 10:03 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

off topic, but you have boost now????????

Your car is officially untouchable now
Old 06-06-05, 10:05 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

LOL I never said anything about boost.

...yet.
Old 06-06-05, 10:10 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CleanSC
GM 3-bar MAP
lolz . Good luck with it man. Im not ready for stand alone yet so cant help ya out.
Old 06-06-05, 11:06 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem with my ac, but for some reason, mine wont even power on at all.

I'm also running the AEM. I havent gotten into it yet, since i've been focusing on other things first.
Old 06-06-05, 11:09 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I'm having the same problem with my ac, but for some reason, mine wont even power on at all.

I'm also running the AEM. I havent gotten into it yet, since i've been focusing on other things first.
As AEM supplied, the a/c won't run. Set your A/C options to "Switch always ON" and it will engage your a/c compressor. Downside is that it will ALWAYS be on, whether you have it on or off at the climate control on the dash.

So you have that option should you want it on 100% of the time.
Old 06-06-05, 11:12 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

What I meant by not powering on at all is that my climate control unit wont even power on.
Old 06-06-05, 11:13 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Oh... Well that's something else and shouldn't be EMS related. Check your fuses and see if a penny or dime fell into your ciggy lighter.
Old 06-06-05, 11:16 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

justin nenni has come to our shop before to tune AEMs on several supras and angel robles is my tuner for the AEM and a lot of others around the orlando area. I'll give him a call today to see if he can help you out and give his input.
Old 06-06-05, 11:25 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DETUNED
justin nenni has come to our shop before to tune AEMs on several supras and angel robles is my tuner for the AEM and a lot of others around the orlando area. I'll give him a call today to see if he can help you out and give his input.
Much appreciated, man.
Old 06-06-05, 11:41 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

DETUNED, have you set the parameters for your ac? Look at Options - A/C, A/C request should be set to PR press low and A/C output #1 to LS6. You can go into Configure Outputs menu and select LS6 and make it active and will turn on to A/C magnetic clutch. LS7 should also be active. You can also set the parameters at which the A/C clutch will activate. You will be able to set Load, RPM, TPS, Road speed and Coolant temp. This is the closest you will get to not having the A/C on all the time like when in high rpm's and boosting, or not being on until the car warms to a certain temp.
I played around with this quite a bit last summer and am about to start again. I will be doing an R12 recharge.
Hope this helps

gadgetSC-t
Old 06-06-05, 03:07 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Gadget...

Dunno if that reply was aimed at me since I posed the initial question.

Either way, all my outputs are correctly set up as you describe above. My issue is with the INPUT. The EMS does not recognize the a/c request input. This is evidenced by monitoring the A/C parameters specifically a/c status. It can't be changed via the dash a/c control.
Old 06-06-05, 05:52 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

OT: but jose... you BETTER be at the meet in west palm!! or else!!!
Old 06-07-05, 12:13 AM
Tryk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2jznat
scott why didn't you tell him i had the same problem. email or call me and i will give you the resistor size and where to put it. not enough voltage on request line. been here and fixed it.
You should post the info up in the thread for future AEM users that run into this problem!
Old 06-07-05, 12:38 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tryk Racing
You should post the info up in the thread for future AEM users that run into this problem!
Excellent idea.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS and SC300 Issues