Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Clutch Petal Adjustment

Old 05-16-05, 08:41 PM
MR-2 Turbo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Petal Adjustment

I have a 95 5-spd SC and am looking for a solution to the clutch engaugement problem i have.
The clutch engauges at the end of the petal stroke( opposite of firewall) and i don't think it's 100% engauged. It doesn't feel like it at least. I already played with the adjustment on the master cylinder and was only able to change the clutch petal stroke, not the clutch engaugement itself. I now am going to assume that the slave cylinder is where i need to go for the adjustment.
Old 05-17-05, 06:33 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MR-2 Turbo
I have a 95 5-spd SC and am looking for a solution to the clutch engaugement problem i have.
The clutch engauges at the end of the petal stroke( opposite of firewall) and i don't think it's 100% engauged. It doesn't feel like it at least. I already played with the adjustment on the master cylinder and was only able to change the clutch petal stroke, not the clutch engaugement itself. I now am going to assume that the slave cylinder is where i need to go for the adjustment.

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I was told once that there is an adjustment screw on the firewall that can adjust the engagement point for the clutch. You can try that out and see if it is true or not. I wish I could be of more help.
Old 05-17-05, 07:24 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

I have a 92 with the same problem
got it checked out and they said because it is a hydrolic system there is no way to adjust it
im just happy there is still some life left on the clutch.
Old 05-17-05, 10:47 AM
96sc3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it can be done, go under and look for the clutch pedal, follow it until it hits the firewall, then there is a screw that has a cotter pin thing in there, loosen that bolt and turn the whole peice, i think turning right will make the engagement point lower,
Old 05-17-05, 08:13 PM
MR-2 Turbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by 96sc3
it can be done, go under and look for the clutch pedal, follow it until it hits the firewall, then there is a screw that has a cotter pin thing in there, loosen that bolt and turn the whole peice, i think turning right will make the engagement point lower,
Thank you for the suggestion but that's what i did already.
It didn't move the engaugement point, only the travel of the Clutch peta.