Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Nitrous and the SC300

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-05, 11:29 AM
ObjectZero
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous and the SC300

so i'm gonna nitrous my SC300 because:

A: i'll do whatever i want whenever i want
B: it's cheap
C: These motors can hold 600+ hp with stock internals and turbo kits so they should be able to hold a 200 shot of nitrous done right.
D: it's cheap
E: I have YET to blow up a motor with nitrous alone (i blew up one with a turbo AND nitrous...so that doesn't count...and it was an SR...so that doesn't really count as a motor)
F: It's cheap

there are the options:

A: The NOS kit
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...NS/NOSzle.html

B: The NX Kit
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/LS1NXL.htm

i think this is my best bet unless i do a direct port system...which is more work than what i want. I think i will run about a 150 - 200 shot depending on how heroic i get. Obviously about 2 stage colder plugs and some high octane for the big shot. I'll have to retard timing a bit, but i might get an MSD box to do that for me when i spray. Running around with retarded timing all day kinda sux unless your spraying.

So anyone seen one of these fancy pants kits in action yet?
Old 05-06-05, 11:32 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

200 shot on a stock SC. Make sure you video tape it in action.

Last edited by got_trd; 05-06-05 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-06-05, 11:49 AM
ObjectZero
Rookie

ooooooh, there will be video. it'll be a short video. like maybe a 12 second or less video

Old 05-06-05, 11:49 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ObjectZero
so i'm gonna nitrous my SC300 because:

A: i'll do whatever i want whenever i want
B: it's cheap
C: These motors can hold 600+ hp with stock internals and turbo kits so they should be able to hold a 200 shot of nitrous done right.
D: it's cheap
E: I have YET to blow up a motor with nitrous alone (i blew up one with a turbo AND nitrous...so that doesn't count...and it was an SR...so that doesn't really count as a motor)
F: It's cheap

there are the options:

A: The NOS kit
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...NS/NOSzle.html

B: The NX Kit
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/LS1NXL.htm

i think this is my best bet unless i do a direct port system...which is more work than what i want. I think i will run about a 150 - 200 shot depending on how heroic i get. Obviously about 2 stage colder plugs and some high octane for the big shot. I'll have to retard timing a bit, but i might get an MSD box to do that for me when i spray. Running around with retarded timing all day kinda sux unless your spraying.

So anyone seen one of these fancy pants kits in action yet?
So you call the SR not really a motor huh?

Go ahead and run a 200 wet shot on a 10:1 compression motor and see what happens... I wouldnt even run that on a direct port unless I had the compression dropped down.

Sorry but I cant take you seriously, you came in here acting like a 10 year old kid crying to his mom....
Old 05-06-05, 11:59 AM
ObjectZero
Rookie

hahaha...

1. if you don't take me seriously then DON'T POST A REPLY.

2. if you don't take me serously then DON'T COMPLAIN.

3. the SR is NOT a real motor, it is a fake motor that lives in a land of unicorns and other such mythical creatures.

4. the only one crying in here is you.

5. a 200 shot is a bit extreme...but possible none the less...and if you visited the nice links i provided for you, you would see that the systems i pointed out are much like a direct port system, only a bit easier to install.

6. you my friend are a troll....i specifically asked for input dependent on the use of one of these kits, of which.....you have none.
Old 05-06-05, 12:23 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

wow...ummmm, yea..... WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING????? you'll blow the welds on the intake! hahahahahahahah. i had to... it was just so easy. seriously though, you should at least get a thicker headgasket if your serious about this. you will deffinately mess something up with that much NO2. that 12 sec. video would be one of a burning SC... not a 12 sec pass at the track. just my opinion.
Old 05-06-05, 12:29 PM
ObjectZero
Rookie

i'm mainly just being stupid about the 200 shot. I could reasonably see a 150 shot on 93 octane though.

i'll run the 2mil gasket. it should drop my compression a tiny but. I am serous about running nitrous though, and those kits are pretty trick...basically a direct port system with half the work (and twice the money).

I know this isn't comparable to a turbo kit so i won't go into that...but it would be fun for about a 1/4 the cost.
Old 05-06-05, 01:01 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

try a 75 shot first... just to see how the car takes it. then you can always get larger jets. i think compression drops to .... 9.5/1, if im not mistaken. with a 2mm headgasket that is. i may be wrong though.
Old 05-06-05, 01:05 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

dropping your compression on just nitrous is going to kill your car for whenever youre not spraying probably more than your retarded timing will. Thats going to suck for dailiy driving. Also remember youll have to retune if you drop compression and the stock ecu just wont do it.
have fun trying to find traction for your 12 seconds.

Otherwise...im really surprised that not more people run nitrous. I would do it if i didnt want a turbo car. Yeah its cheap, but in the long run, having on tap power from a turbo vs running out of it when the bottle does just seems more desireable to me. Its something ill definitely consider after the turbo though. Good luck with your project.
Old 05-06-05, 01:07 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
try a 75 shot first... just to see how the car takes it. then you can always get larger jets. i think compression drops to .... 9.5/1, if im not mistaken. with a 2mm headgasket that is. i may be wrong though.
i thought the 2mm put you in the upper 8s.
either way...the 75 shot starter isnt a bad idea. Its really not hard to change out the jets and theyre not incredibly expensive if you really want more.
Old 05-06-05, 01:10 PM
ObjectZero
Rookie

on the GTE it says 7.97 compression. I have to find out what it does to a GE motor.

and yer right...jets are inexpensive. i would just like to see some big power reliably from nitrous. I think the motor is good for it.

and i would go turbo if i had the cash...but i don't, so this is withen the current price range...i had a nitroused car before and it was annoying not having the power on tap all the time, so i know what i'm getting into...just gotta fill up the piggy bank before i drop the cash on a turbo.

and i just found out my hotchkis sways will be here on monday...super cool. ( i realize this has nothing to do with nitrous)

Last edited by ObjectZero; 05-06-05 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-06-05, 01:14 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

the gte starts at 8.5 though. There was a really in depth CR discussion on this board a couple years ago. see if you can find the thread.
Old 05-06-05, 02:29 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not going to name people, but there are a couple of people who are so quick to be idiots and flame people.

yeah it wouldn't be a smart idea to run 200 shot on stock internals.
all those NA mustangs or whatnot that are running 10's out there all have built internals.

you will need a built motor to run that amount.
Old 05-06-05, 02:30 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Mr Ki Soarer is right. If you get the kit order the nozzles that let you start off at like a 75 shot then work your way up. My friend was shooting 200 shots on his old SC400 but thats because those big iron block can take it. If your car was well taken care of then gradually work your way up.

Ps. SR motors suck.
Old 05-06-05, 04:54 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Mr Ki Soarer is right. If you get the kit order the nozzles that let you start off at like a 75 shot then work your way up. My friend was shooting 200 shots on his old SC400 but thats because those big iron block can take it. If your car was well taken care of then gradually work your way up.

Ps. SR motors suck.

the SC400 motor is not a really big, and not iron. Its a small V8, with an aluminum block, and aluminum head. The SC300 is the way to go for power.

Decreasing your compression ratio just for nitrous is rediculous. What are you going to do for daily driving, you'll lose power. Only decrease your CR if you're going to go turbo.

I doubt that the ge motor can handle a 200 shot right off the line, you'll blow a headgasket or even worse mess up some internals. You should stick to a 75 shot and work on the basics first.

But its your car and your decisions, so good luck.

Quick Reply: Nitrous and the SC300