Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Post your 1jz swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 06:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Bump for old thread. I have the following installed in my SC400 in my signature. I cant get the cruise control working. The light on the gauge works, but it doesnt seem to want to hold the throttle open. Any ideas? Using the AEM V2 from DM
Old 06-18-12, 06:59 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my problem is white smoke...

car does not overheat but stays steady right above the halfway mark. i have not done the temp gauge fix yet so i do NOT think this is accurate. it is smoking all the time but not a crazy amount. coolant is clean. recently did a full 3" exhaust no cats no resonators. im pretty sure tht doesnt matter but now i obviously notice it more.

also does the sputtering thing at WOT. never saw a fix for this on this thread
Old 06-19-12, 08:30 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh
my problem is white smoke...

car does not overheat but stays steady right above the halfway mark. i have not done the temp gauge fix yet so i do NOT think this is accurate. it is smoking all the time but not a crazy amount. coolant is clean. recently did a full 3" exhaust no cats no resonators. im pretty sure tht doesnt matter but now i obviously notice it more.

also does the sputtering thing at WOT. never saw a fix for this on this thread
How is your coolant level? if your not burning coolant i think you are are not if you are is not overheating.

smoking could be alot of different things, running rich, burning oil, maybe turbo are gone..

sputtering at wot , coils, plugs for example wrong gapped plugs , replace the cracked boot on your coils, maybe the spring under the boot is not making a good contact.

are you single or you still on stock twins?

Last thing is the ECU , The 1jzgte faulty ECU will do all those things that you mentioned above.
Try a different ECU if you have access to one.

pm me your number.
Old 06-19-12, 11:38 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
How is your coolant level? if your not burning coolant i think you are are not if you are is not overheating.

smoking could be alot of different things, running rich, burning oil, maybe turbo are gone..

sputtering at wot , coils, plugs for example wrong gapped plugs , replace the cracked boot on your coils, maybe the spring under the boot is not making a good contact.

are you single or you still on stock twins?

Last thing is the ECU , The 1jzgte faulty ECU will do all those things that you mentioned above.
Try a different ECU if you have access to one.

pm me your number.
coolant level is normal...

i noticed it only smokes after i have driven the car hard. i think u may be right about the turbos.

i have new plugs and they were gapped by a mechanic who is fluent in these swaps so im sure he gapped them right.(i hope) ill check the other things mentioned

im on stock twins.

ecu...ive tried 3 different ones so i dont think its that either.

thank you a million times for ur help. i have noticed u are always one to jump in a thread and help someone. ur the shiznit
Old 10-05-12, 02:24 AM
kiochiu
Rookie

im a sAD sad bear.

My 93 sc swapped with 1jzgte non vvti is having Airbag light, Yes yes reset, i shall do that.

My rpm is at 1500-1800 on Idle, Cant get it lower than that.

mines original 5speed w58 is bolted up with the 1jz Auto Tranny ECU.

Ran into another problem is, i have about 120 Miles on half a Full tank. (assuming 10 gallons, 12 miles per gallon). Car felt rich.. at cruising speeds of 60-70 mph, My car shot fire from the exhaust.

My "check Lights" light is on. my "oil level" light is also on and SRS Airbag. Cant confirm if my ECU is dead, or pinned wrong, or whatever it is. If someone could give me a call, as my car has been over a year with this swap. Really really miss my car on the streets of cali.
I am uncertain how to get my Cruise control to work..

Email me at kiochiu@gmail.com PLEASE Thanks!!

planning to swing by Drift Motion in the morning, if dm is out, then FSR i go... Maybe i should just get into an AEM EMS to power up everything huhh
Old 10-05-12, 04:13 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Air bag is ON because you pulled the cluster and while the cluster was unplugged you turned the key on ON position or tried to start the car.

1JZGTE are crap so the ECU will idle high sometimes and sometime it will under under 400 rpm lol, try adjusting the idle screw to see if that will make a difference.

If the check engine light is ON at all time , it is seing a condition jump E1 and T1 to pull the code.

Your gear ratio is too high that's why your MPG is crap. You need a different rear differential. Oil level sensor wire plugs to the body plug , it comes from the oil level to body plug from body plug to the cluster. it's probably not in the right pin depending on what harness and wat year you car is .

SRS should be the same as the airbag.cluster was removed and the key was turned on ON position or the car was started w/o a cluster that light will come ON.

Cruise control , i never had Lol sorry i can't help you on that!

No you don't need an aem ems yet!
Old 03-14-13, 09:41 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bumping this thread MY CAR IS 92 SC300

I am literally in my garage dropping the 1jz in right now
I can not locate the connector for the plug on the power steering rack on the driver side right before the motor mount.

My harness is uncut and folks say its behind the alternator on the 1jz soarer harness

If it isn't there does anyone one have the pin locations /wire color so I can de pin from my ge harness and re pin it into my soarer harness thanks guys
Old 03-14-13, 09:57 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Never mind I'm pretty sure I found the answer with this thread wooh the power of search!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...nnector-2.html
Old 03-27-13, 12:19 AM
jintei
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

1JZ VVTI Swap, 1JZ VVTI Auto ECU, R154, RPM not reading right. How do I fix this? I know I need to jump the resistor on the back of the cluster but this thread is 15 pages long. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.
Old 03-30-13, 05:22 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

1jz non vvti into sc300 with soarer harness won't crank at all even with NSS bypassed
Old 03-30-13, 09:18 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Grounds is what I would start with.

Make sure your battery post are tight.
Old 03-31-13, 08:41 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kez, do you know if the starter is good? manually trigger it off the battery with the key on if you think all your wiring is right. Swapped a dudes cressida awhile back and sold him the harness off my old car so I knew it was good, swap came with a bad starter.

Why'd you waste your money on a soarer harness? Who wired your car?
Old 03-31-13, 09:38 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Blew my 120amp alt fuse gonna check my grounds now.
Vrank I paid for the soarer harness since my swap came with a really bad cut harness
Starter was from my 2jzge
Old 04-01-13, 05:37 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

kez, did you extend the harness yourself?
Old 04-02-13, 07:51 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Got it figured out last night QUICK was right my ground to my alternator from the body wasn't tightened. Real dummy move

And yes I did extend my harness only the body plugs
I bought an jumper harness for the ecu