Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz 2.5 tt how hard is it ?????

Old 04-14-05, 02:00 AM
autoboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1jz 2.5 tt how hard is it ?????

well i found a 1jz with the auto tranny but no computer and the harness was cut and i was just wondering what parts do i exactly need and how hard is it going to be to do the swap on a sc300 auto??? any input are greatly appreciated thanks ...
Old 04-14-05, 02:16 AM
krukdstyle
Banned for stealing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you bought the motor yet? If not then good don't buy it unless the motor is no more than $1000 bucks. You'll have a very hard time finding a ecu for the 1jz, unless running an engine management, and thats like 1300 bucks alone, you'll need an intercooler, and to wire the cut harness into the gauges will be a real B!%@#. There is probably more things you'll need, like the maf sensor, you have to see if the motor comes with it, and throttle cables, there is alot of little things that you have to take into mine when doing something like this. If you can find a 1jz with the complete harness, and ecu that will be alot easier. for the wiring of the cluster, you could try to find a jdm soarer gauge cluster, then the rest would probably be just wiring the a.c., heater, and gauges for the ac unit, and airbags probably. Look around the internet like on some search engines. And just type in jdm engine(s). You'll be suprised how many companies sell 1jz's or even 2jzgte for a good price. Alot of the cheap delears are in Canada. the guys in the u.s. they'll charge you like 4500-even 7500 complete, thats the price ranges I got when looking for my 2jzgte. Forget that... Then theres is the cost of labor if your not gonna do it yourself... Good Luck with your swap, and finding a motor. I hope this info helps you... Just take your time and find a good deal, for the money you got. Make sure the motor is in good shape, and decide on how much power you want to make. If its over 400hp, then go with the 2jzgte alot easier to make big horsepower.
Old 04-14-05, 02:59 PM
autoboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krukdstyle
have you bought the motor yet? If not then good don't buy it unless the motor is no more than $1000 bucks. You'll have a very hard time finding a ecu for the 1jz, unless running an engine management, and thats like 1300 bucks alone, you'll need an intercooler, and to wire the cut harness into the gauges will be a real B!%@#. There is probably more things you'll need, like the maf sensor, you have to see if the motor comes with it, and throttle cables, there is alot of little things that you have to take into mine when doing something like this. If you can find a 1jz with the complete harness, and ecu that will be alot easier. for the wiring of the cluster, you could try to find a jdm soarer gauge cluster, then the rest would probably be just wiring the a.c., heater, and gauges for the ac unit, and airbags probably. Look around the internet like on some search engines. And just type in jdm engine(s). You'll be suprised how many companies sell 1jz's or even 2jzgte for a good price. Alot of the cheap delears are in Canada. the guys in the u.s. they'll charge you like 4500-even 7500 complete, thats the price ranges I got when looking for my 2jzgte. Forget that... Then theres is the cost of labor if your not gonna do it yourself... Good Luck with your swap, and finding a motor. I hope this info helps you... Just take your time and find a good deal, for the money you got. Make sure the motor is in good shape, and decide on how much power you want to make. If its over 400hp, then go with the 2jzgte alot easier to make big horsepower.

thanks alot if im going to be spending alot more than i expected then i guess it will be better to go with another route like maybe get awhole soarer clip or just turbo my sc300