Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Seafoam experts, check in here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 12:58 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed my blinkers have been acting strangely lately. Do you think flushing the blinker fluid reservoir will help? Very funny Sportcoupe.

I'll probably use this in my oil before my next change. I'm not going to use it in the gas or the intake yet. I don't want to foul my Denso's.
Old 04-01-05, 03:31 AM
MikeysSC
Lead Lap

I'm really curious about this gonna get some seafoam tomorrow but umm. . is this idiot proof? i mean. . is there any way i can kill my engine? just follow directions right ? simple enough
Old 07-12-05, 02:16 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to bump up an old thread.... but I searched. Sooooo, after hearing rave reviews from here and from a close friend with an AE86, I decided to get a can. I haven't used it yet though.

Apparently, Seafoam is getting mixed reviews with the turbo crowd. A lot of ppl have had mixed experiences with it. One guy that I know blew his engine the next day, while another has great responses.

What do you all think?
Old 07-12-05, 03:28 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used it in my SC400. It smoked like crazy, and when it was done smoking (took a long time), the results were definately worth it. Throttle response is the main improvement I noticed, which now is almost instantaneous.

Scott
Old 07-15-05, 04:34 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Im curious to know the affects it would have on a turbo car.
Old 07-15-05, 04:52 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

how many can do you need again? just one?
then pour 1/3 of it and that's it?

i might as well try it out.....since i got 185,000 miles
Old 07-15-05, 04:57 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotiq
Sorry to bump up an old thread.... but I searched. Sooooo, after hearing rave reviews from here and from a close friend with an AE86, I decided to get a can. I haven't used it yet though.

Apparently, Seafoam is getting mixed reviews with the turbo crowd. A lot of ppl have had mixed experiences with it. One guy that I know blew his engine the next day, while another has great responses.

What do you all think?
I think anyone that blows their engine with a can of seafoam doesn't know what the heck they are doing.

It's just a cleaner. If you don't hydrolock, then your foot is to blame for any damage.
Old 07-15-05, 07:52 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I think anyone that blows their engine with a can of seafoam doesn't know what the heck they are doing.

It's just a cleaner. If you don't hydrolock, then your foot is to blame for any damage.
Seriously...it is so easy to use the stuff.

Scott
Old 08-05-05, 07:01 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I use 1/3 of a can in the oil right before I get an oil change.
Old 08-05-05, 11:41 AM
SCV8
Instructor

I think the instructions mention this, but it's best to use the tank of gas that has a cleaner mixed with it as quickly as possible/ no longer than a week, since the solvents can soften plastic parts.
I saw how Techron damaged a car's fuel injectors after the owner thought that if a little was a good thing then more must be better; Dealer replaced the injectors, and fuel pump, told him not to abuse that stuff anymore.
Old 08-05-05, 05:29 PM
djl
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SCV8
I think the instructions mention this, but it's best to use the tank of gas that has a cleaner mixed with it as quickly as possible/ no longer than a week, since the solvents can soften plastic parts.
I saw how Techron damaged a car's fuel injectors after the owner thought that if a little was a good thing then more must be better; Dealer replaced the injectors, and fuel pump, told him not to abuse that stuff anymore.

Not true with Seafoam, it is a fuel stabilizer.
Old 08-09-05, 01:44 PM
Dramon
Driver

Friend with a Cobra blew his engine a few days after sea foaming it. I guess some carbon broke off and bent a valve I think he said.

I used some in my windshield wiper reservoir and definitely notice an increase when i turn the wiper nozzles on. spray is intstantaneous and definitely more pressure than befoer!!

Two thumbs up.
Old 08-09-05, 02:59 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

I bought 2 cans (1 pint each) of seafoam the other day.

So I put 1 can of seafoam into my gasoline

1/3 of a can into my injectors via vaccum line

and 2/3 of the remaining can into my oil?

Is that right?
Old 08-15-05, 04:28 PM
sdastg1
Driver

ok on my toyota truck forum (yotatech.com) there is alot of .. I mean ALOT of info about people using seafoam, and the reviews have been mostly positive, but its the people who come back saying they can't start their engine afterwards that scare me.

My 92 sc400 is feeling underpowered to me and since I'm about to put in new plugs, and new fuel filter, I thought I might try this first.

On yotatech, most people were pouring 1/3 of the can into engine through the pcv valve hose, and then 2/3 into the fuel tank.

How is everyone here putting it in? Any suggestions before I do this.

I'm still kind of a skeptic, sounds like snake oil to me, but since I already have the cans sitting in the garage I might as well try it

thanks
Old 08-18-05, 01:47 AM
Dramon
Driver

Actually right after I read this thread I ran out and bought two cans of seafoam. Tried using them....yeah. Car smoked a lot and fouled my plugs. Honestly, i really didnt notice any difference at all.

Quick Reply: Seafoam experts, check in here.