Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help!!! My SC might be damaged!!!

Old 02-26-05, 04:58 PM
jsal356
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!!! My SC might be damaged!!!

Hello guys. I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem before....maybe...maybe not. I washed my SC's motor the other day and I noticed the car started acting funny afterwards. I thought it was the spark plugs so I replaced "4" of the "6" plugs ( the 2 under the throttle valve...still havenit been able to figure that out) and soon afterward the engine still throttled badly and now today, 3 days later, the car displayed a "Check Engine" sign and "TRAC Off" error. I hope this can be fixed, as I just recently bought this baby.
Old 02-26-05, 05:19 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

were you using a power washer?
Old 02-26-05, 05:32 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey,

Why don't you pull the code so you can see what the problem is? That is usually the O2 sensor when u have CEL and TRAC off at the same time.

So I am guessing you don't know how to pull the code?

Go to the engine bay, on top of your intake manifold there is a little black rectangular box that says "Diagnostic" on it ( I think that is what it says). Take a paper clip and put one side in the TE1 hole and the other in E1. Then turn your key to ON and count the number of times the Check Engine light (CEL) blinks.

It will flash a certain number of times, then a long pause then flash again. The flashes before the long pause are the first number and the flashes after are the second.

For example FLASH FLASH PAUSE FLASH would signal a 21 error code.

Post your code and we will tell you your problem.

Jonny
Old 02-26-05, 05:51 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear 2 spark plug ports probably got water in it. Thats what happened to my car you need to suck it out with a shopvac or something. I made a little straw attachment to the vac and sucked out all the water. This is what keeps it from running well. But pull the engine codes first.

Tim
Old 02-26-05, 06:18 PM
jsal356
Driver School Candidate

I replaced the very last two ( the ones in back of the throttle valve) and the engine still vibrates like crazy. I put in 4 Denso Iridium 16 plugs. Like I said, though, I couldn't get the middle two and it's killin me that my engine is doing this because it was SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER when I bought it about a month ago...even though it had like 113K miles. By the way, I did like I was told and I don't see any CEL light flashing. Do I have to stick them both in real good or what?
Old 02-26-05, 06:42 PM
SC300-95-TMM
Driver

You have to get the two middle plugs dry. As I have also found out the hard way washing my car. Once a little moisture gets in, it is hell to get out. THIS IS Just the way the cylinder head is designed. No place for water to get out. SO it has to be thoroughly dry!!!!
Old 02-26-05, 06:46 PM
jsal356
Driver School Candidate

Dx3, thanks for the advice...So here is what I did..plugged one end of paper clip into leftmost portion of both terminals and turned ignition to ON and the following is what occurred...FLASH FLASH PAUSE FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH PAUSE FLASH FLASH PAUSE FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH PAUSE FLASH FLASH PAUSE FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH ......in other words 2 flashes, a pause, 5 flashes, a pause 2 flashes, a pause, 6 flashes ,a pause 2 flashes a pause and again the repeated cycle of 5 flashes, etc.. Please tell me what error code this is.....and I will owe u guys this 4ever
Old 02-26-05, 07:12 PM
jsal356
Driver School Candidate

I have the answer...I read my OEM manual for 1994 SC 300 and it mentioned code 25 and 26...air-fuel lean malfunction and air-fuel ratio rich malfunction. Can anyone explain this to me????
Old 02-26-05, 07:13 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

search, you got water in the spark plug valley.
Old 02-26-05, 08:13 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Engine post = engine forum.

Moved.
Old 02-27-05, 09:44 AM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

does anybody know if the diagnostic thing works on OBDII cars?
Old 02-27-05, 03:29 PM
jsal356
Driver School Candidate

Johnny (Dx3)...I seriously need ur help....I diagnosed the engine and what came up was code 25 and 26, which states that the air-fuel ratio is lean or rich. Please tell me how to fix this!!! Should I go see a mechanic??????
Old 02-27-05, 03:37 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

sorry kidpanda u need a scanner for obd2
Old 02-27-05, 07:34 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

^^ booooo
Old 02-28-05, 02:35 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jsal356
Johnny (Dx3)...I seriously need ur help....I diagnosed the engine and what came up was code 25 and 26, which states that the air-fuel ratio is lean or rich. Please tell me how to fix this!!! Should I go see a mechanic??????
You need to completely clean out the valley in which the spark plugs reside.
In order to do this, you're gonna need to remove the throttle body.
Not to worry, this isn't as hard as it looks....lemme see if I can dig up some instructions.
Hardest part is getting the coolant line off from the bottom.

EDIT: Lucky you....I found it : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...plugs+throttle

~Alan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!!! My SC might be damaged!!!