Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Installed the Lextreme TQ and Supra LSD today....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 09:56 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed the Lextreme TQ and Supra LSD today....

Haven't had a chance to give it a good spin, all traffic on the way home..

definately noticed a huge difference... I'll try and post more in a few days...

also did a tranny flush at the same time...

Two questions

1. Not sure if this effected my speed sensitive steering, it seems loose all the way up to 40, havent been on the freeway yet, or maybe I'm just tripping...

2. How off will my speedo be with the changed gear ratio?

'Unrelated questions
1. I bought black inserts for the headlights, all I have to do is crack open my current housings and replace the chrome with the black inserts? resealing it should fitx the condensation too?
2. I have access to about 5 pairs of Audi Project lens and HID bulb/Ballast, wondering if I can use the projector lens from any of them to do the retrofit, and add on the new projector to my mccoluch kit?
3. Any comments on irotors? Bought the LS400 Calipers today, wondering what rotors to get, I read the faq, just wondering if anyone has negative comments on irotor...
Old 02-02-05, 10:35 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe your speedo will read a certain percentage slower now. can someone verify this?

On your other issues:
1. bake them in the oven to soften up the glue, pry the lens away from the housing slowly. Make sure you dont crack the lens.
2. Retrofits are fun. Ive been in progress for quite some time now. No time to finish though but thats only because i chose the hard way with the bixenons. pm lex4jess. he sells a plate for one size of the audi projector. i forget which it is. If you get those all you need to do is bolt on the projector, move the adjustment plastic pieces and reinstall the projector.
You cant use just the lens because the bowl shape of the reflector is different also.
If you can get a pair of the audi projectors cheap shoot me a price if you can get me a pair=). I may ditch my bixenon project in favor of those and their adjustability.
3. i have only heard good things about irotors. i think several members have gone through them. Hope youre planning on some high disk wheels to go with those calipers =) You might be able to get away with a mid disc but id play it safe. Also, this depends on the design of the wheel. I have a ridiculous amount of clearance between my wheel face and TT calipers but others have come paper-thin close with the LS calipers. Im sure someone can chime in to help out more here.
Old 02-03-05, 05:56 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott
I believe your speedo will read a certain percentage slower now. can someone verify this?

On your other issues:
1. bake them in the oven to soften up the glue, pry the lens away from the housing slowly. Make sure you dont crack the lens.
2. Retrofits are fun. Ive been in progress for quite some time now. No time to finish though but thats only because i chose the hard way with the bixenons. pm lex4jess. he sells a plate for one size of the audi projector. i forget which it is. If you get those all you need to do is bolt on the projector, move the adjustment plastic pieces and reinstall the projector.
You cant use just the lens because the bowl shape of the reflector is different also.
If you can get a pair of the audi projectors cheap shoot me a price if you can get me a pair=). I may ditch my bixenon project in favor of those and their adjustability.
3. i have only heard good things about irotors. i think several members have gone through them. Hope youre planning on some high disk wheels to go with those calipers =) You might be able to get away with a mid disc but id play it safe. Also, this depends on the design of the wheel. I have a ridiculous amount of clearance between my wheel face and TT calipers but others have come paper-thin close with the LS calipers. Im sure someone can chime in to help out more here.
as measured with roadside radar versus looking at the speedo

I have 4.27 gear LSD and it is between 5mph to 7mph off.
your car is traveling between 5mph to 7mph slower than your speedo readout.