Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Car won't idle + a 97 conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 11:22 PM
Chungstyle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Car won't idle + a 97 conversion question

Hey... I am pretty new to this forum. I have a 1995 SC400 and I had a few question for you guys.

1. My car was recently stolen and sorta pile-driven into a guardrail and so theres some light damage to the drivers side. Ever since I got the car back though... The engine wont idle when I start it up, I have to hold the gas down for a while and THEN it idles. I already checked the IAC and thats in fine condition.... no check engine light... anybody got any idea or know whats goin on?

2. The front bumpers is pretty much dead so I am looking to do a 97 conversion whilst I am at it... I heard that the cornering lights on 92's dont work with the 97 bumpers.. but I heard it changed in 95... so is my 95 SC ok to do the conversion with no hitch?

Thanks a lot fellas/ladies whichever you may be the more help the merrier thanks.
Old 01-07-05, 12:53 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

since there was drivers side damage, i would check fuel lines and such to make sure theres no leaks or crimps in the fuel lines. Also might want to check out the other items between the fuel pump and the injectors to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

for the 97 conversion, the 95 fogs wont work, they are completely different shapes, but i believe as far as wiring will go it will work perfectly. You dont have to worry about any wiring isues, just getting the correct housings.
Old 01-07-05, 01:13 PM
Chungstyle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rscott
since there was drivers side damage, i would check fuel lines and such to make sure theres no leaks or crimps in the fuel lines. Also might want to check out the other items between the fuel pump and the injectors to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

for the 97 conversion, the 95 fogs wont work, they are completely different shapes, but i believe as far as wiring will go it will work perfectly. You dont have to worry about any wiring isues, just getting the correct housings.
Thanks a lot for your input man, I tried just about everything with that blasted fuel line haha replaced just about everything including the fuel pump but the same problem occurs. No check engine light... the car starts, but doesnt idle... I have to hold the gas for a whiel and THEN it does... really odd aint it?