Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Bad ECU? not sure... need expert advice from SC guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04, 01:34 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad ECU? not sure... need expert advice from SC guys

Hey guys, my sc300 is now in the final stages of its motor swap. I used a Soarer 1JZGTE 5spd. However now i have encoutered some problems. The car will not start. It turns but it wont catch onto idle. We are constantly turning the motor but it just sounds like someone trying to start a car with no gas. The mechanic says that the motor is not sparking. The ignitor is good but there is no spark, no check engine light. Upon looking at the service manauls, the manual says if it is not sparking and no check engine light then it might be the ecu. what else can the problem be?

It's damn near impossible to locate a Soarer M/T ECU for a 1JZGTE. What other options can i use? do any of you know of any stand alone units that are readily available in the states? Can i use a 2JZGTE ECU and have it rewired to work with the 1JZ? or use a universal stand alone and rewire it?

Help!! any advice is greatly appreciated! im in a real tight jam and my car needs to be done!

Last edited by kaotiq; 07-23-04 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-22-04, 01:46 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish I could help ya out man. Im going to be doing the same swap soon. Hopefully you can use something like an AEM EMS or something like that...maybe an A/T ECU can be used? I know in some cases it can be.
Old 07-22-04, 02:03 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by mteele
Wish I could help ya out man. Im going to be doing the same swap soon. Hopefully you can use something like an AEM EMS or something like that...maybe an A/T ECU can be used? I know in some cases it can be.
i just talked to my mechanic and he switched the facts on me... now he says there is fuel just no spark. Im confused.
Old 07-22-04, 03:39 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the crank trigger and cam pick ups on the intake side to make sure you are getting a signal .
Old 07-23-04, 06:39 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dewsc300
Check the crank trigger and cam pick ups on the intake side to make sure you are getting a signal .
thanks man! i will have that checked.