Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

factory fuel injectors for SC400 / Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 03:09 PM
neagan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory fuel injectors for SC400 / Replacement?

I think I've got a couple leaking fuel injectors on my 95 SC400. I'm getting conflicting info from mechanics on how to proceed. One place says they can't be fixed or sent out for the typical flow balancing, that I just have to replace them all with new Toyota parts.
What should I do? I'm getting tired of pissing around with this car.... Nitro
Old 03-24-12, 10:37 PM
bigtexlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they make kits to fix leaking injectors. ur mechanics are trying to get ur money. i just diagnosed my problem as being leaking injectors. im looking into replacing them with larger ones (i dont know what this will do or if it will work) but they sell remanufactured ones online
Old 03-26-12, 10:03 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neagan
I think I've got a couple leaking fuel injectors on my 95 SC400. I'm getting conflicting info from mechanics on how to proceed. One place says they can't be fixed or sent out for the typical flow balancing, that I just have to replace them all with new Toyota parts.
What should I do? I'm getting tired of pissing around with this car.... Nitro
Well what exactly is the problem? is it just the seals inside leaking? is injector function itself still proper??? just get rebuild kits man, if its just the o rings and junk leaking internally then a rebuild kit will do fine. shouldnt cost you more than 50-60 bucks and you could rebuild em yourself in a few hours being patient