Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

engine fan, cover???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-04, 08:45 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Question engine fan, cover???

anyone kno where i can get a engine cooling fan and the black plastic cover surrouding it? thanks

Last edited by nysupraman; 05-21-04 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-21-04, 10:39 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try car-part.com. You can find anything you want. If you want new then I'd try irontoad.com.
Old 05-22-04, 09:22 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks alot nice site, can anyone also tell me what the name of that black plastic cover around the fan is?
Old 09-18-07, 06:26 PM
Atlys
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm resurrecting this thread from the grave. The reason is because I brought my car to a mechanic today to get a couple of things done to it, get a oil leak fixed and possibly replace my timing belt if needed. I had my wife do it since I was going to be at work all day. Anyway, they did all that plus replaced my serpentine belt without telling us (it was kinda worn down anyway) and everything was fine. I got home and decided to check things out since I don't trust mechanics (I've been short changed oil on oil changes and also had dirty oil put back into my engine once) and noticed that the black cover for my fan had been broken where it bolts to the car on the left hand side. I noticed a hand print on it as well, I figured the guy must of leaned into the engine and put his weight on it and broke it in the process.

So the reason I wrote all this was because I'm going to call them up tomorrow to tell them and have them fix/replace it. But I'm worried that if I drive it to work tomorrow, it might be pushed into the fan from the wind blowing into the front of my engine. This might damage my fan. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm afraid if I modify it at all, they might blame me and thus not replace/refund me.
Old 09-18-07, 08:53 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlys
I'm resurrecting this thread from the grave. The reason is because I brought my car to a mechanic today to get a couple of things done to it, get a oil leak fixed and possibly replace my timing belt if needed. I had my wife do it since I was going to be at work all day. Anyway, they did all that plus replaced my serpentine belt without telling us (it was kinda worn down anyway) and everything was fine. I got home and decided to check things out since I don't trust mechanics (I've been short changed oil on oil changes and also had dirty oil put back into my engine once) and noticed that the black cover for my fan had been broken where it bolts to the car on the left hand side. I noticed a hand print on it as well, I figured the guy must of leaned into the engine and put his weight on it and broke it in the process.

So the reason I wrote all this was because I'm going to call them up tomorrow to tell them and have them fix/replace it. But I'm worried that if I drive it to work tomorrow, it might be pushed into the fan from the wind blowing into the front of my engine. This might damage my fan. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm afraid if I modify it at all, they might blame me and thus not replace/refund me.
Just start the car is see if it rubs....if it doesnt then you should be good to go.
Old 09-18-07, 08:55 PM
Rexn30
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nysupraman
thanks alot nice site, can anyone also tell me what the name of that black plastic cover around the fan is?
Fan Shroud.
Old 09-19-07, 06:50 PM
Atlys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by evileagle
Just start the car is see if it rubs....if it doesnt then you should be good to go.
It doesn't rub when the car is running while stationary, but when I drive it at high speeds won't it then become an issue since the wind blows through the radiator and could possibly push it into the fan blades?

Anyway, I'm going to JB Weld it if the shop refuses to accept responsibility.