Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

anyone got pics of their FMIC setup on a sc300

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04, 08:51 PM
kmn5
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone got pics of their FMIC setup on a sc300

Just wondering how you NA-T guys setup your FMIC.
Did you route the ic pipes around the engine?
or did the in/out pipes run down the front passenger side?

thanks
Ken
Old 01-09-04, 08:50 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

these might help
Attached Thumbnails anyone got pics of their FMIC setup on a sc300-sept-158a.jpg  
Old 01-09-04, 08:50 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

or
Attached Thumbnails anyone got pics of their FMIC setup on a sc300-sept-130.jpg  
Old 01-09-04, 11:31 AM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default GREAT PICS, gadgetSC

Mean looking engine. Do you offhand know the dimensions of the Greddy 3Row FMIC? Was there any cutting envolved? Ease of install?

Wondering if there are some opinions on when FMIC really starts to help. I am staying twin, doing some BPU+ upgrades (RMM dp, custom twin 3" cat back, Greddy BCC & Profec B, cam gears). Boost to stay 18 or under. How much difference when going from Supra oem SMIC to FMIC.... thoughts?

David
94 SC300 5sp going twin turbo within 60 days.
Old 01-09-04, 12:18 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

gadgetSC,

Can you post some more pictures of your tranny cooler? Both out and in? I am going with automatic 2JZ clip after all since I can't find a manual. So I'll need a tranny cooler.

Chris
Old 01-09-04, 04:45 PM
kmn5
Lead Lap

Default wow great pics

Thansk for the pics gadgetSC!

Was that an off the shelf FMIC kit? (any special mods to make it fit on the SC300)
what diameter pipes is that?

many thanks
Ken

Last edited by kmn5; 01-09-04 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-09-04, 05:00 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

His pipes were made by a shop in Queens, very pricey, but they do nice custom mandrel bending work!
Old 01-09-04, 08:49 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Its the GReddy Soarer 3row Intercooler Kit (Off the shelf in Japan dunno about here?). If that helps answer any questions.

Last edited by TurboB6; 01-09-04 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-09-04, 10:39 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

boostlogic is selling just the NA-T FMIC piping for the sc300, I am actually getting a set.

you could call them, or actually check on SupraForums in the NA section. There is a post there about Boostlogics NA-T piping. It looks REAL nice and its 600$, check their website, or SF.

Kevin
Old 01-10-04, 04:54 AM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Its the GReddy Soarer 3row Intercooler Kit (Off the shelf in Japan dunno about here?). If that helps answer any questions.
His pipes were made by a shop in Queens, very pricey, but they do nice custom mandrel bending work!
So if I add 1+1 I get that he is using an intercooler that he pieced off of a soarer kit and had the piping custom made, correct?
Old 01-10-04, 05:30 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have any pics, but my piping is similar. In fact, the pipes are identical from the compressor outlet to the driver's side end-tank. From the passenger-side end tank, the pipe is routed around the radiator, and it enters the engine bay through the lower stock SMIC opening. It then curves up and around the distributor and compressor housing. I'm sure everyone has seen FMAX pipes.

I'm about to switch over to the Hybrid Intercooler which is bar-and-plate versus tube-and-fin that I'm currently running.

Gadget, are your pipes 2.5" or 3"?

-scott
Old 01-10-04, 07:55 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Thanks for the great comments guys...

SCoupe....dont know the diminisions offhand....this thing bolted right up with no modifications needed. As TurboB6 stated, its off the shelf in Japan(He has been my exclusive supplier for some really great JDM stuff....Thanks
) I am unsure of the point at which a FMIC would be better than a SMIC....in fact I dont think that it was really needed in my case.....was too hard to pass up at the time.

Chris....I can email you what pics I have.....wouldnt be fair to post them here.

Ken & Scott.....the original piping was...if I remember....60mm....I only used 2 pieces on the left side of the car from the FMIC up to the engine bay. The rest of my piping was 2.5"

My friend Gazi is correct.....I had my piping done by a shop in queens. At the time it all worked out perfect. I was able to get my piping done in one day. The guy there told me to just cut and bend some welding rod to the shape I wanted and that he could do it. So I dropped my stuff off in the morning when the opened up and he had them complete the same afternoon. I should also mention that my first job I had done with them was modifying a Supra downpipe. So my usual story was that everything was for a Supra. I mention this because the price he charged me was the same that he quoted Gazi for custom SMIC on a Lexus. My apologies for that Gazi.

MrJohnTan.....The FMIC kit was complete with piping....but for the Jap SoarerTT......I needed some custom piping.

Scott....why the switch to bar-and-plate?

gadgetSC-t

ps fpund coupe more that might help
Attached Thumbnails anyone got pics of their FMIC setup on a sc300-april-014s.jpg  
Old 01-10-04, 07:56 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

last
Attached Thumbnails anyone got pics of their FMIC setup on a sc300-sept-086.jpg  
Old 01-10-04, 12:42 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by gadgetSC

MrJohnTan.....The FMIC kit was complete with piping....but for the Jap SoarerTT......I needed some custom piping.
Man that looks SWEET!!! but if you only used 2 pipes on the passenger side from the kit, wouldnt it have been cheaper to buy the soarer spec core and endtanks from greddy and just get all the piping custom? im just asking because i plan on going turbo on my car soon and i wanted to know what my options were.

btw, any pics w/ the bumper on? i cant get enough of your car

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 01-10-04 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-10-04, 01:05 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

if you only used 2 pipes on the passenger side from the kit, wouldnt it have been cheaper to buy the soarer spec core and endtanks from greddy and just get all the piping custom?
Man to be honest...This was the very first part that I bought for my turbo project. It was a sweet piece at a great price. With the custom piping....I stumbled across these guys for one job of welding on a flange for a custom RMM downpipe for the Supra. I saw their brand new equipment for doing mandrel bends and asked offhand for a few bends. The guy just said cut and bend the pieces out of welding rod....so I went to Home Depot and picked-up some welding rod and guesstimated my bends. I had what I wanted in a day. For the service I got I didnt think too much on the price....but at the same time.....They never knew that the work was for a Lexus
I'll try to dig-up a pic with the front bumper but I dont want to hog this thread. There are many more setups out there.

gadgetSC-t

Quick Reply: anyone got pics of their FMIC setup on a sc300